• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When do we expect a new Forza Horizon game?

When do you think Forza Horizon 6 will be released?

Votes: 1 12.5%

Votes: 6 75.0%

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Forza Horizon 5 dropped in 2021, and typically Playground were on a two year release cycle for their releases.
We obviously are going to miss that this year, but when can we expect the king of racers return?

I would assume they are moving across to the new Forzatech engine, following on the heels of both Forza Motorsport and Fable, and so there may be a fair bit of work to change it over. They may go down the path of Turn 10 and totally redo the series from the ground up.

They generally are pretty quiet and then drop the trailer the same year they release the game.

What do you think will be the most likely outcome?

Riky

$MSFT
I'd expect it 2025 myself, I presume Turn 10 have put in a lot of the work into the engine like RT in game and Tier 2 VRS implementation.
If the next batch of games can implement SFS or Mesh Shaders then we could see a big leap in fidelity.
Hoping for a more urban feel, or a PGR expansion pack.

Last edited:

ungalo

I guess it's going to depend on how Microsoft wants to space things out. I guess most of the games they have are expected for the end of the year, and they don't want to do the same thing they did with Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5.

It also depends on the ambition of the title.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I'm hoping 2024 but it will likely be longer. Trying the Crew Motorfest just made me want another Horizon game. It kinda sucks that it is effectively just a new map but at the same time there isn't a whole lot else they can do, they have basically nailed the game format and tech.

bender

What time is it?
They are pretty good at pumping these games out so 2024 wouldn't surprise me unless too much of the staff is tied up in Fable.

Top Bottom