• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former Forza Horizon Founder Gavin Raeburn Launches Lighthouse Games, creating a "genre-defining franchise"

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
RGB_Lighthouse_Logo_White.jpg

Although the initial press release announcing the studio's opening was brief, it mentioned that Lighthouse Games aims to develop a new best-in-class game with the help of key founding members from Playground Games' original team and other industry-leading talents."

Games projected his enthusiasm to build a development team that can create a "genre-defining franchise".

"With Horizon, Playground and I created one of the most successful Xbox franchises of all time. We delivered significant commercial success year after year, to massive critical acclaim, following the success from my time at Codemasters leading Dirt, Grid and F1. That DNA is now at Lighthouse, and with it, we intend to build something truly special using all our experience to create a new genre-defining franchise." said Raeburn.

Lighthouse Games are now seeking new talent to join their ranks, and there's a Twitter you can follow if you wish to keep up updated on its developments.

Certinty

Looking forward to it if it’s a racing game.

Forza Horizon 1 and 3 are amongst the greatest ever games ever made in my eyes but the franchise has lost its way. Hopefully this evolves on it.

Varteras

Gold Member
Good luck to them.

Has any of these studios made by veterans actually released a decent product? Seems like they're just opening them without any tangible results, or maybe I'm getting the wrong impression.

Most of these new studios have just been formed within the last few years. You're not likely to see their results for a few more years yet. And we should expect more than half of these new ventures to largely fail on their first go. But a few of them will likely become the next big deal.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
There's a lot of new studios forming from these big name devs. I hope it all works out for them

Top Bottom