• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UN and NATO to Gaddafi: Operation Odyssey Dawn |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
GasProblem said:
According to Sky, Tripoli is pretty much in hands of the rebels now. People celebrating out in the streets of Tripoli. No resistance by the Gadaffi forces in the centre of Tripoli.
Downtown Tripoli still hasn't been encroached. I think it's a bit premature to say Tripoli has fallen.

Where the hell are journalists from Rixos Hotel? Why isn't anyone reporting from there?

SlipperySlope said:
Yeah, Tripoli is taken it seems. The army melted away.
It seems it really was always a show.

From the AJE Live Blog said:
Libya's defected ex-prime minister Abdes Salam Jalloud said Sunday he believed it was too late for his former ally Muammar Gaddafi to strike a deal to leave power and he would likely be killed. In an interview with Italian media he said:

I believe the regime has a week left, 10 days at most. And maybe even less.

He has no way of leaving Tripoli. All the roads are blocked. He can only leave with an international agreement and I think that door is closed.

I think it would be difficult for Gaddafi to give himself up. And he is not like Hitler who had the courage to kill himself... I don't think the evolution of the situation in Tripoli will allow him to survive.

BURRRRNNNNNN

Gaborn

Steelrain said:
I only hope that this is good news...

Assuming it's accurate the REAL work will begin. This would be the end only of the first phase of this. Still a ton of work ahead if past history is any judge.

22:11 ShababLibya tweets: “According to Al-Aan & Libya Al-Ahrar, confirmed by #Mahmoud #Jibril: #Saif #Al #Islam #Gaddafi was captured by FFs at Rixos earlier today.”

22:11 ShababLibya tweets: “According to Al-Aan & Libya Al-Ahrar, confirmed by #Mahmoud #Jibril: #Saif #Al #Islam #Gaddafi was captured by FFs at Rixos earlier today.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom