• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 288: Sterling vs. Cejudo - Newark, New Jersey - May 6

Who wins: Sterling or Cejudo? Muhammad or Burns? Andrade or Xiaonan?

• Sterling, Muhammad, Andrade.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Sterling, Burns, Andrade.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sterling, Muhammad, Xiaonan.

• Sterling, Burns, Xiaonan.

• Cejudo, Muhammad, Andrade.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Cejudo, Burns, Andrade.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Cejudo, Muhammad, Xiaonan.

• Cejudo, Burns, Xiaonan.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I wish this forum was more active during the fights. We pretty much catch it all.

Every soccer game you can imagine across several continent, fighting, no NBA and less NFL because they're too political now lol

Last week's fights were good. Me and my father in law have usually 2 screens going and watching either soccer or fights.

20230422_20082782ekf.jpg

Last edited:

Joramun

I wish this forum was more active during the fights. We pretty much catch it all.

Every soccer game you can imagine across several continent, fighting, no NBA and less NFL because they're too political now lol
Couldn't agree more. All the garbage politics turned me off NBA and NFL.

But I do miss the old days of NBA where every team had to compete.

These days players just join a more successful team or a team buys a bunch of good players.

GymWolf

Weak card.

I have sterling, burns and andrade winning.

Hopefully the cringe king is gonna prove me wrong.

GymWolf

Last week's fights were good. Me and my father in law have usually 2 screens going and watching either soccer or fights.

20230422_20082782ekf.jpg
I watch the matches the day after and when the fights are on in us it's like 2 am in italy.

LiquidMetal14

I agree, the fights are on kind of late and also sometimes I have to work the next day so it makes it harder to stay up late.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
man, what a weak card. this is like 20 min from my house. i wouldve went if there was 1 fight i wanted to see.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
I'm picking sterling, muhammad and andrade. sterling took out yan, sandhagen and a compromised dillashaw and his training partner is merab who is on a 9 fight win streak I think they both have momentum right now and sterling seems like the better bet than henry since henrys been out for like 3 years but I wouldn't be surprised if henry gets it done since he seemed still pretty active while retired still training. muhammad and burns are probably going to grapple more and they both seem pretty even, but Burns just fought a month ago not a lot of time between fights I think he rested only one week after the masvidal fight I'll go with muhammad. andrade and yan I don't know who to choose but andrade was former champ so I'm picking her

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Cejudo. That guy has a huge head size to body ratio. And he's bulked up. It would be even worse if he had a normal body. Doesn't look normal.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What the hell is going on with O'Malley allowed coming in? lol. Planned marketing bit? I only caught half of it.

As for the fight, it was ok Nothing special. A safe fight where neither fighter got hurt or gassed. It could had gone 7 rounds at their pace.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Fell asleep after evlvoev vs lopes I guess I was too tired lol caught the sterling vs cejudo when I woke up congrats to sterling i liked Henry’s pressure but I think overall sterling got more sig strikes in and edged out the win need to still watch the post fight interview

LiquidMetal14

I actually enjoyed the main event because it was really like a chess match. You can tell both are pretty high level at what they do and or else you would have seen Cejudo get chocked out when Sterling had his back those few times.

Top Bottom