• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
I know Bob is probably getting his dues in the final episode, but goddamn I wish there was more of this than just two episodes. : (

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I remember people doubting the 3 and 15 theory when Cooper was in the Purple dimension.

Absolutely stunning episode! Masterful. I am in tears. From the opening tense scene with father and son ("Goodbye my son"), to the scene at Lancelot Court ("People are under a lot of stress"), to Dougie ("I am the FBI"), to Diane (unbelievable tension in that scene, I was so worried for Cole), to Jane-E and Sonny Jim ("Thank you, whoever you are"), to the jolly Mitchum brothers, to the ending scene at the Roadhouse. This was the best episode of TV I have seen in my life. No hyperbole. Just the truth. This is just... unbelievable.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
i assumed Audrey was a tulpa before the dancing started but now i have no idea

2 hours left...what if that's the last we see of her lmao

Fou-Lu

This episode more than any other solidified this as an 18 hour movie for me. Before this I thought that was Lynch just saying shit but...

And yet, it's also one of the best episodes ever despite being a part of an 18 hour movie.

mjp2417

Banned
Candie is still low key the best new character on the show. All of her line readings and physical comedy are pretty much perfect.

Candie is still low key the best new character on the show. All of her line readings and physical comedy are pretty much perfect.

She's just so so good. Plus there's an air about her that's perfectly Lynchian. I doubt David had to do much "directing" with her, it looks like she totally understood what she was needed for.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
also love how they seem to bring the old music back when Cooper is on screen

the payoff was all worth it somehow

Levito

Banned
also love how they seem to bring the old music back when Cooper is on screen

the payoff was all worth it somehow

His return was far more powerful and satisfying than it had've been otherwise. As frustrating as Dougie could be at times, it was all worth it. Just an unbelievable moment.

holy shit
qZrbgW4.gif

scitek

I think watching The Return with the knowledge of where it goes will make some scenes more interesting.

Like I know some people found the Audrey scenes up until now unbearable, but I was very intrigued by them since there was just something so weird about them. Seeing where this is going now (and to be seen where it's going), I will bet various scenes like that one will bear to be much more enjoyable/interesting on a second watch.

I've been thinking for a while certain events in later episodes will make earlier scenes much more enjoyable, and that certainly seems to be the case with how this is all going.

People were upset with Audrey's scenes because there was no guarantee it would actually lead to anything. Lynch does weird shit just because, and the fact it's actually leading somewhere is a huge relief to many who hated the scenes.

Zach

People were upset with Audrey's scenes because there was no guarantee it would actually lead to anything. Lynch does weird shit just because, and the fact it's actually leading somewhere is a huge relief to many who hated the scenes.
Stop living in fear, people who felt this way.

scitek

Has anyone really commended Al Strobel (the one-armed man) on how well he speaks backwards? He practically doesn't even need subtitles. Everyone else is terrible at it, and it's always been that way.

Slaythe

Sooo maybe decoy Diane was quite different from the real one, kinda like original Dougie. They both had an almost cartoonish style.

That's the only way for her bad wig to be tolerable !

Now what I'd like to know is if Cooper raped the real Diane or this Doppel Diane. And if manufactured people can somehow share memories with the real selves. Despite the original Dougie not seemingly knowing anything (that being said keep in mind he had an "accident").

She also had some visible scarring, probably from the explosion.

giphy.gif

This is interesting. I initially thought Cooper would find her during his "coma".

Also on a side note, I think this Audrey looks great.

I feel like when they try to have Audrey look like her 20 years old version... It just doesn't work and it makes Sherilyn look terrible. Because you can't help but compare her directly to her younger self.

While here she looks like something else entirely and I think she looks good.

Hopefully we see more of her.

Next week will be absolutely insane.

We already know what happens because of the shooting that ended up being probably the pen ultimate scene of the show lol. Can't wait.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Diane being a tulpa or doppelganger or whatever certainly puts a new light on her "Let's rock" line being coupled with Lodge sound effects. I loved how she kept up the appearances to the bitter end "I know, fuck you."

Also is it just me, or could Audrey be in a hospital gown in that mirror scene?

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Just finished.
He's back.
Legit tears.

Also:
- How much do I love the Mitchems?? Hearts of Gold.
- Poor poor Wilson.
- Laughed so hard at the accountant scene. All due to the lack of snacks.
- *Twin Peaks main theme* plays. So much feels.
- Sudden cut to Diane and the tension = masterful.
- ;-) ALL is now terrifying to me.
- "Yeah I know. Fuck you." - The magnificent Laura Dern.
- Edward Severson haha.
- So glad the Audrey stuff is paying off.

One hundred percent. This is also what I will give this episode. Just two more hours left now. Sad and glad at the same time. It's been a hell of a journey.

Linkin112

This is so out of left field it reads like you read a spoiler and are trying to pass it off as your own speculation
Lol, or I just connected the dots. Diane said sheriff's station, who do we know is currently being held at the Twin Peaks Sheriff's Department. Come on now.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
When I saw ";-) ALL" I knew he was asking her to kill them all, her terrified face just said it all. Laura Dern works so well with Lynch. I can't wait to see her role in the new Star Wars.

EDIT: You know, the gas station Diane referenced is totally the convience store. But I do wonder why she changed it to the sheriff's station.

Flipyap

Sooo maybe decoy Diane was quite different from the real one, kinda like original Dougie. They both had an almost cartoonish style.
It was really nice to see Laura Dern not acting like a cartoon character for a moment. That some good face-acting on her part, she suddenly became a believable character without saying a word... too bad about everything that followed.
"HE RAPED ME. HE RAPED ME... also I'm a ghost with a gun, bye!"

Oh, and "fuck you" is still the lousiest catchphrase ever. They probably should have outsourced the quip writing to Harley Peyton.

Slaythe

So that also means original Diane is a good candidate for being Judy.

It's not gonna be some random girl nobody knows. And we're running out of candidates for "who is trying to fuck over evil cooper and knew about all this".

Lol, or I just connected the dots. Diane said sheriff's station, who do we know is currently being held at the Twin Peaks Sheriff's Department. Come on now.

Don't see how those particular dots can be connected considering they're played by two entirely different actresses, and there's more or less zero reason to think Naido is the real Diane whatsoever at this point.

Guppeth

Now what I'd like to know is if Cooper raped the real Diane or this Doppel Diane. And if manufactured people can somehow share memories with the real selves. Despite the original Dougie not seemingly knowing anything (that being said keep in mind he had an "accident").

He took her to the convenience store after raping her. That must be when Doppeldiane was born.

Linkin112

Don't see how those particular dots can be connected considering they're played by two entirely different actresses, and there's more or less zero reason to think Naido is the real Diane whatsoever at this point.
Alright, well like someone else earlier in the thread said:
I read some of the spoilers and nothing about Naido or Diane there, just about Coop coming back in this episode and some other stuff. Actually the episode summaries really didn't say that much other than the base plot points.

It's probably true though considering what Diane said in this episode, lol.

So if I end up being right, it ain't from spoilers.

EDIT: You know, the gas station Diane referenced is totally the convience store. But I do wonder why she changed it to the sheriff's station.

She was just talking about two different things. The convenience store ("an old gas station") is where Mr C took her after he raped her. Then she quickly changes the subject to the present; "I'm at the sheriffs station, I'm not me".

that cgi on not diane was so fucking bad oh my god. did lynch do it himself with no knowledge of how to do cgi?

Look, I kind of agree with you. I struggled with Part 3 precisely because of things like the Dougie turning into the seed moment.

But I always stop myself before I complain about the effects in that scene. Because it's clearly intentional and clearly meant to look the way it looks.

And as soon as I start saying going to say that it doesn't look realistic...

I realize what I'm saying.

What should a thought form being turned into a bead in a side dimension where everyone talks backwards look like?

Look, I kind of agree with you. I struggled with Part 3 precisely because of things like the Dougie turning into the seed moment.

But I always stop myself before I complain about the effects in that scene. Because it's clearly intentional and clearly meant to look the way it looks.

And as soon as I start saying going to say that it doesn't look realistic...

I realize what I'm saying.

What should a thought form being turned into a bead in a side dimension where everyone talks backwards look like?

No I know its supposed to look bad because theres no other way to interpret that. I just find it funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom