• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flipyap

RIP Richard. Lol. Amazing death.
The fireworks show was quite impressive. The death? Not so much.
This show treats its characters like dolls to be thrown away when it grows tired of playing with them. Well, maybe not thrown away, usually they shoot them through the eye or makes their head explode instead of coming up with a satisfying conclusion.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The fireworks show was quite impressive. The death? Not so much.
This show treats its characters like dolls to be thrown away when it grows tired of playing with them. Well, maybe not thrown away, usually they shoot them through the eye or makes their head explode instead of coming up with a satisfying conclusion.

I don't think Richard's story is over. Remember, Richard and Linda.... Two birds with one stone.

This is without question one of the best episodes of TV of all time. If you have the context of having waited many years for this revival and then watched weekly the new series, getting to this point is just absolutely incredible. I’m floored.

traveler

Not Wario
Can we just talk about how Twin Peaks and Half Life showed the ends of two very different artistic roads this week? Incredible payoff, after so long, here... and Half Life.... :(

Flipyap

I don't think Richard's story is over. Remember, Richard and Linda.... Two birds with one stone.
That doesn't exactly suggest that he'll ever be important. It could mean that Doop fathered another pointless child.
I mean, sure, he could still come back as an electric force ghost, but if we're treating it as a death, that was just another character suddenly being pushed off the stage before their story got to amount to anything.

hughesta

Banned
that was the best episode of television I've ever seen. the Audrey moment made me shriek out loud, and I spent probably 80% of the episode with my hands over my mouth.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
This episode will be jarring in my head for the next week I can already tell, but need to do something, but before I do...

Can I just comment how spooky the Roadhouse scene at the end was. It's such an unusual type of creepiness but it was pulled off SO WELL. Audrey, who most people have been hating, goes to the Roadhouse and all seems normal, seems the episode is ending. Then something randomly frightening happens as a guy runs in to punch another guy, and as Audrey is beginning to freak out suddenly the Roadhouse announces it's her dance, one of her iconic moments in the series out of nowhere. The crowds we've seen jeering and always present just all go silent and still, walking slowly over to one side of the room staring at the stage as a familiar melody kicks in and Audrey begins to dreamily dance. It's not like frightening, but it subverts expectations from the various roadhouse scenes we've seen at this point, what people have been associating with Audrey scenes, it catches you off guard and it's way too calm, quiet, and just comes off as sort of menacing as a result.

I don't know if it was just me, but that scene was wonderfully creepy to me.

I definitely think that's a possibility; the clinical looking environment and lighting at the end hints towards it.

She also had some visible scarring, probably from the explosion.

giphy.gif

kaskade

I don’t think I’ve ever reflexively clapped to anything before. Cooper saying “I am the FBI” caused that to happen.

So worth the wait. As long as we have 2 solid hours of coop in twin peaks now, I’ll be happy.

Big One

Banned
Hrm I wonder who else in the series is "manufactured" in a similar way Diane and Dougie are. Though it makes you wonder if Diane has been around as far back as the original Twin Peaks...how long has this stuff been going on?

I will say, I could've really used a thumbs up to Janey-E and Sonny Jim as he walked away

Can't give it all away in one episode though, of course

robotrock

Banned
Hrm I wonder who else in the series is "manufactured" in a similar way Diane and Dougie are. Though it makes you wonder if Diane has been around as far back as the original Twin Peaks...how long has this stuff been going on?
Laura Palmer obviously. The real one will come back in the finale.

Addi

Amazing. Cooper coming back now totally makes sense considering he knows everything.
So many great moments and the shoot out was amazing.

So Cooper asked for a seed to recreate Dougie? That's interesting. I wonder where Booper got his seeds.

Blader

This was the best fucking episode of Twin Peaks. Holy shit I loved that. Coop's "I am the FBI" with the theme music swelling and his goodbye with Dougie's family have got to be two of the best moments of the entire show for me.

Stunning episode. I am not ready for this to end next week.

Big One

Banned
Laura Palmer obviously. The real one will come back in the finale.
Eh Laura didn't vanish like Diane and Dougie, though.

Guessing we're getting a Laura doppelganger and since Coop knows everything about everything apparently he's probably gonna solve the Laura Palmer case once and for all.

So, about those coordinates. I always assumed they were to that group of trees in the woods surrounding the pool of oil. But the sheriff's office? What could be there?

I adore this show so fucking much. I know that some might just take it as one fan pleasing episode, but I thought it was balanced so well. It made me so happy.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
It was incredible. Screamed like a little girl. I missed Coop.

I don't know if it was just me, but that scene was wonderfully creepy to me.

When I saw it at first, I said "crap, I guess this kills the coma theory", but then my mind immediately went to "unless...", and bam, when they presented Audrey's dance I knew that moment that something was very, very wrong.

But guys, isn't it too dreamy?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom