• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twilight Princess HD: The Pre-Order Soundtrack is GameStop exclusive.

A little irritated by this but I ended up switching my preorder to GS. What's worse is that since the regular edition was sold out I was stuck ordering the CE game guide bundle. I really want that OST though so I guess it's worth it...

maxcriden

Tracklist via NintendoEverything.com and GoNintendo.com:

zelda-twilight-princess-hd-cd.jpg

1. Title
2. Teaser Music #1
3. Ordon Village
4. Midna’s Theme
5. Hyrule Field (Main Theme)
6. Light Spirit
7. Kakariko Village
8. Death Mountain
9. Queen Rutela’s Theme
10. Lake Hylia
11. Boss Battle Part 3
12. Midna’s Desperation
13. Sacred Grove
14. Malo Mart
15. Ilia’s Theme
16. Hidden Village
17. Princess Zelda’s Theme
18. Final Battle Part 4
19. Staff Roll Part 1
20. Teaser Music #2

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Do we have absolute confirmation that this soundtrack is untouched from the GCN/Wii version? Because I have the original Nintendo Power soundtrack, as well as the complete OST, and if there are no differences, I might cancel my GameStop order.

Do we have absolute confirmation that this soundtrack is untouched from the GCN/Wii version? Because I have the original Nintendo Power soundtrack, as well as the complete OST, and if there are no differences, I might cancel my GameStop order.

Mere posts above yours you can see that it has 20 tracks, where the Nintendo Power one had only 7. I think you're safe to keep that preorder.

Do we knifing the sound track will be bundled inside the game case or separately?

Cause if it's separate, I'll be returning my copy of game the very next day.

Tookay

Mere posts above yours you can see that it has 20 tracks, where the Nintendo Power one had only 7. I think you're safe to keep that preorder.

He has the complete soundtrack, though. And this is completely unchanged in terms of orchestration.

I think he can ditch the preorder.

Sagitario

Tracklist via NintendoEverything.com and GoNintendo.com:

1. Title
2. Teaser Music #1
3. Ordon Village
4. Midna’s Theme
5. Hyrule Field (Main Theme)
6. Light Spirit
7. Kakariko Village
8. Death Mountain
9. Queen Rutela’s Theme
10. Lake Hylia
11. Boss Battle Part 3
12. Midna’s Desperation
13. Sacred Grove
14. Malo Mart
15. Ilia’s Theme
16. Hidden Village
17. Princess Zelda’s Theme
18. Final Battle Part 4
19. Staff Roll Part 1
20. Teaser Music #2

Really good choices!
Too bad it's GS exclusive :(

balgajo

According to the facebook post the soundtrack was remastered. Listened to the samples and it sounds much better than I remember. Maybe it's placebo or because of headphones.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Here are the samples: https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/c86f2beb-d535-11e5-adcb-063b7ac45a6d.html

According to the facebook post the soundtrack was remastered. Listened to the samples and it sounds much better than I remember. Maybe it's placebo or because of headphones.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. I'm listening to the version I have in my iTunes and the one on the website and I can't really tell if there's a difference. One thing I've noticed is that my version doesn't have distinct L/R channels while the website version does. But that might just be the result of what I have in my iTunes. For some reason, Midna's Lament sounds different to me, but I think it has to be a placebo.

Can anyone with a good ear help to identify if the soundtrack has been changed? While if the versions are close enough that I can't tell it obviously doesn't matter audio-wise, the collector/OCD side of me still really cares.

He has the complete soundtrack, though. And this is completely unchanged in terms of orchestration.

I think he can ditch the preorder.

I apologize for the poor phrasing. When I said "this soundtrack," I meant the entirety of the audio featured in the game, like Tookay picked up on. Since I have the original game's audio in my library, I was wondering if this pre-order soundtrack would offer better quality versions of these songs compared to what I already have. I know that this version has more tracks than the Nintendo Power version, but the question is more if the MIDI instruments have been improved. I suppose the fact that I owned the Nintendo Power version was entirely irrelevant and ultimately confusing when I have the game's full OST.

My other concern with my GameStop pre-order is that I only pre-ordered the game from them when they announced the exclusivity. I'm not sure if I'll be guaranteed a copy of the soundtrack as a result.

Here are the samples: https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/c86f2beb-d535-11e5-adcb-063b7ac45a6d.html

That's what I'm trying to figure out. I'm listening to the version I have in my iTunes and the one on the website and I can't really tell if there's a difference. One thing I've noticed is that my version doesn't have distinct L/R channels while the website version does. But that might just be the result of what I have in my iTunes. For some reason, Midna's Lament sounds different to me, but I think it has to be a placebo.

Can anyone with a good ear help to identify if the soundtrack has been changed? While if the versions are close enough that I can't tell it obviously doesn't matter audio-wise, the collector/OCD side of me still really cares.

I apologize for the poor phrasing. When I said "this soundtrack," I meant the entirety of the audio featured in the game, like Tookay picked up on. Since I have the original game's audio in my library, I was wondering if this pre-order soundtrack would offer better quality versions of these songs compared to what I already have. I know that this version has more tracks than the Nintendo Power version, but the question is more if the MIDI instruments have been improved. I suppose the fact that I owned the Nintendo Power version was entirely irrelevant and ultimately confusing when I have the game's full OST.

My other concern with my GameStop pre-order is that I only pre-ordered the game from them when they announced the exclusivity. I'm not sure if I'll be guaranteed a copy of the soundtrack as a result.
More importantly, is it remastered in game?

I'm sure if nothing else, they could use less compressed tracks compared to what they could fit on the GameCube disc.

Just quickly comparing the sample above and the soundtrack on YouTube, the HD soundtrack seems to either have higher quality samples, or less compressed samples/audio at a slightly louder mastering?

If you really wanted to, you could do an audio recording of both using your phone, and then open the resulting audio files in Audacity to see how different they are.

Top Bottom