• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twilight Princess HD: The Pre-Order Soundtrack is GameStop exclusive.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Heads up to those who pre-ordered from Best Buy or Amazon, it looks like the pre-order CD that comes with the bundle is exclusive to GameStop.

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games...ht-princess-hd-with-amiibo/126800?cid=soc_001

Pre-order The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD and receive a GameStop Exclusive Sound Selection CD!

*While Supplies Last

Online Customers: Item will ship with your game.
Store Customers: Item will be available at time of pick-up.

The CD is gorgeous, though...

wf5XJs1.jpg

Muzy72

Banned
Damn, both Best Buy and Amazon I get 20% off but of course it's the only place without a discount program. :/

Man, I feel like I got screwed.

Reggie: "Pre-orders open today. A soundtrack will be available as a pre-order bonus."

*Amazon puts it up that day, GameStop is late*

Namikaze

Lol, it's only a selection CD. It probably has like 10 tracks max..might pick it up on eBay in the future if I really need it.

maxcriden

I thought it was announced in the direct that all pre-orders would come with a soundtrack?

Apparently they said select retailers, which it seems in America at least has been changed to mean just one retailer. Not sure if this applies for Canada or not. In the meantime, since I had the same impression as you, I'm a bit bummed that my copy won't come with an OST, but the GCU (or Prime) discount makes up for that to me I think.

TheMoon

Do we know how many tracks it has?

No.

But I expect a full length disc. Read: an hour roughly. All their Club Nintendo soundtracks that don't include multi-hour full scores are labeled "Sound Selection" for example. Like the Kirby Triple Deluxe or Wind Waker HD soundtracks. Both filled a disc.

The full soundtrack is 6h-ish. So that was never gonna happen anyway. I just hope they pick the good stuff. :)

Bonus: note that this just affects NA as all PAL copies come with the CD as part of the limited edition.

Chase17

Was planning on canceling my GameStop preorder if I could get it on Amazon. CD changes things a bit though. Interested to see what they put on it.

RockmanBN

That sucks. GCU savings is too much for me too let go. Just like SFV. I'd like bearded Ryu but I can't save money with them.

BY2K

Membero Americo
No.

But I expect a full length disc. Read: an hour roughly.

The full soundtrack is 6h-ish. So that was never gonna happen anyway. I just hope they pick the good stuff. :)

It says Sound Selection, so don't expect the whole thing.

Heck, with that name I'm almost scared it's gonna be nothing but sound effects.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Will the music be remade or is it just a collection of the original tracks?

maxcriden

No.

But I expect a full length disc. Read: an hour roughly. All their Club Nintendo soundtracks that don't include multi-hour full scores are labeled "Sound Selection" for example. Like the Kirby Triple Deluxe or Wind Waker HD soundtracks. Both filled a disc.

Bonus: note that this just affects NA as all PAL copies come with the CD as part of the limited edition.

We don't know yet if it affects all of NA, or just America. I think.

Will the music be remade or is it just a collection of the original tracks?

I don't think we know yet if any music will be remade for the game itself. If it is, then they'll include those tracks here.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So tempting.

It's most likely just a reprint of the official soundtrack which only had 7 tracks in it.
I hate when they advertise it as a soundtrack and only include 7-10 tracks. I don't mind the bonus tracks, but at least call them that; "soundtrack" implies that it is the entire thing.

Welp, I may just preorder at GameStop for the CD if they have the Amiibo bundle available.

If not, I've still got my Amazon bundle on order with 20% prime discount.

maxcriden

I hate when they advertise it as a soundtrack and only include 7-10 tracks. I don't mind the bonus tracks, but at least call them that; "soundtrack" implies that it is the entire thing.

In this case they solved your issue, though. They're calling it a sound selection. 😀

I don't care if it's not the full soundtrack. The art looks sick and I sometimes listen to the 25th anniversary CD in the car. Seriously debating if it's worth my Amazon Prime discount.

Mr. RPG

I don't care if it's not the full soundtrack. The art looks sick and I sometimes listen to the 25th anniversary CD in the car. Seriously debating if it's worth my Amazon Prime discount.

I would say it is worth it.

Nintendo rarely releases official soundtracks.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
In this case they solved your issue, though. They're calling it a sound selection. 😀
That is one step in the right direction!

The last time I got a Zelda "Sound Selection" for a preorder (I think from GS!), it was something pathetic like 4 tracks. Nice-looking CD, though.

Hugstable

Banned
Well that kinda sucks that it's retailer exclusive. I wonder why they aren't able to have the preorder incentive CD everywhere for preorders...

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
More details better be given about this before it launches so I can find out if it's the exact same one they released 10 years ago.

Were more details about what was included on the XCX's collector's edition soundtrack released before the game came out?

Top Bottom