• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows You've Watched Lately |OT| - 2021

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
It's not new but I just finished all 6 seasons of Grimm over the last 7 days (finished the finale a couple hours ago. Grimm was one of those shows that stuck with me. It's also one of the few absolute favorites in modern times that had a male hero protagonist where EVERYONE was a hero as well ... Even the bad guys. (it was BIG on redemption) It was diverse and didn't make the people of color in the cast 1 dimensional despite being "side characters" even though they were important to the overall story... I cried A LOT during the series... Mostly when it came to Bud, Monroe and Rosalee who were the kindest and sweetest characters on the show. That's what I liked about Nick (the lead)... He was a lot like Aragorn... A leader who was also compassionate and kind and tender with his friends (male and female). And even compassionate with strangers/the victims of crime. And he fought for justice for those wrongly accused like the orderly and the old wesen with dementia. That episode was heartbreaking.

In a lot of ways, it reminded me of Star Trek TNG. Using wesen stories as allegories for issues we face in the world.

If you've never watched it and want some comfort food TV... Give this show a try.

syAI5Mt.jpg

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Percy Jackson and the Olympians on Disney+

It's up to 5 episodes right now and I am really enjoying it! Walker Scobel is perfect as Percy and the kids playing Grover and Annabeth are aces as well! Love the pacing as well!

And can I say... The woman who played Medusa is SO DAMN FINE! I knew she looked familiar while wearing the hat but couldn't place the rest of her face but as soon as I saw the body and face, BOOIIING!!!!! I remembered... Hard to believe she's close to 40!

Percy Jackson and the Olympians on Disney+

It's up to 5 episodes right now and I am really enjoying it! Walker Scobel is perfect as Percy and the kids playing Grover and Annabeth are aces as well! Love the pacing as well!

And can I say... The woman who played Medusa is SO DAMN FINE! I knew she looked familiar while wearing the hat but couldn't place the rest of her face but as soon as I saw the body and face, BOOIIING!!!!! I remembered... Hard to believe she's close to 40!

Jessica Parker Kennedy is finnnnneee

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I've been watching La Brea on peacock...

The characters make stupid decisions even with a mountain of evidence in front of them

*A giant sloth strolls by*
*Stoner guy says "we're in the past!"
Everyone: "you're high! We don't believe you!"

It's a mid show but I'm strangely drawn to it because I want to know how it ends

jonnyp

Monsieur Spade
OIP.oODSSYoehR_jWXGDFL3SKQHaLH

Only 3 episodes released but so far very good.

Really enjoyed Fargo season 5 as well - could've been more grounded though but very entertaining none the less.

jonnyp

I just discovered a show which truly fell under my radar, "Banshee".

I'm in the middle of season 1 and it's surprisingly brutal & violent at times.
Hey Antony Starr did other stuff besides Homelander 😁

He's just great, if I was gay I'd have a huge crush on him.

Never understood why that show wasn't more popular. It's awesome.

Jessica Parker Kennedy is finnnnneee

And a damn fine reason to rewatch the underrated Black Sails again....

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
It's not out yet but I plan on watching a docuseries called "Choir"... It's about the Detroit Youth Choir and in this day and age I need something POSITIVE to watch!

It's premiering on Disney+ Jan 31. I'm looking forward to it!

8nlVXNz.jpg

Trailer:

This is them on America's Got Talent

Quasicat

I have been going through some older shows that my parents always had on, but I was way too young to appreciate.
I started with the 11 seasons of MASH, the entire run of Matlock, and am now halfway through Magnum PI. After Magnum, a friend pointed me towards Fawlty Towers since he knows my love for British comedy.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Started rewatching "Homeland" from the beginning as I've missed the last 2 seasons.
Claire Danes kicks all sorts of ass 😃

Puscifer

Started The Leftovers, highly recommend so far but I have to say don't get into it if a grime tone isn't your thing because it doesn't let up considering the plot.

clarky

Gold Member
Started rewatching "Homeland" from the beginning as I've missed the last 2 seasons.
Claire Danes kicks all sorts of ass 😃
I won't spoil anything, but the last 2 season are worth missing.

I've been working my way through Channel Zero. Currently half way through season 3, if you haven't seen it and like horror, its worth checking out.

Last edited:

John Marston

I've been working my way through Channel Zero. Currently half way through season 3, if you haven't seen it and like horror, its worth checking out.

I really enjoyed Candle Cove with the creepy puppets, I'll check out those other seasons thanks!

RaduN

Started The Leftovers, highly recommend so far but I have to say don't get into it if a grime tone isn't your thing because it doesn't let up considering the plot.
One of the best shows i've ever seen, and at the same time, one of the biggest let downs for me, at the end.
Still, it has some of the most intense and poignant moments on TV, ever, and also a soundtrack for the ages. Departures is one of the best themes ever made.

A show almost as good as Lost.

clarky

Gold Member
Season 2 is some of the best TV ive had the pleasure of watching, fantastic stuff.

John Marston

I often think of restarting Game Of Thrones but the last season was such hot diarrhea that it unfortunately soiled the whole series for me.

clarky

Gold Member
Has anyone seen Animal Kingdom? I was curious of it is worth a watch?
Yet to watch the last season but its alright. Film is miles better obviously but its not terrible by any stretch.

Ive been working my way through Creepshow, as low buget horror goes i have to say im enjoying the pointlessness of it all.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
I often think of restarting Game Of Thrones but the last season was such hot diarrhea that it unfortunately soiled the whole series for me.
Same happened with Lost. Fucking love that show, now i can't stand it knowing how much it craps the bed. So so good at one point as well.

Last edited:
Yet to watch the last season but its alright. Film is miles better obviously but its not terrible by any stretch.

Ive been working my way through Creepshow, as low buget horror goes i have to say im enjoying the pointlessness of it all.
That’s funny you mention CreepShow, I was just trying to determine which is better to watch. CreepShow or Channel Zero.

As for Animal Kingdom, I didn’t realize it we also a movie. I’ll look into it.

clarky

Gold Member
That’s funny you mention CreepShow, I was just trying to determine which is better to watch. CreepShow or Channel Zero.

As for Animal Kingdom, I didn’t realize it we also a movie. I’ll look into it.
Channel Zero for sure, but Creepshow is good if you want to switch the brain off for and hour and dip in and out. I have a soft spot for 'B' horror movies and TV.

Also definitely watch Animal Kingdom the movie if you haven't seen it.

Channel Zero for sure, but Creepshow is good if you want to switch the brain off for and hour and dip in and out. I have a soft spot for 'B' horror movies and TV.

Also definitely watch Animal Kingdom the movie if you haven't seen it.
I absolutely agree. There is a spot for shows that don’t require your complete attention. I found Superstore to be this way and enjoyed it.

I have seen the first episode of Creepshow. It was good. Very 80’s campy B rated horror movie, type of show.

The known tv show I have been looking forward to all year starts this week and is Shogun. That will keep me busy for a while. But I’m looking for new shows to add to my library.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Last edited:
Top Bottom