• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turn your spouse into a diamond.... They are forever, you know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doth Togo

http://www.local6.com/news/3693644/detail.html

Woman Turns Husband's Remains Into Diamond

A Minnesota woman has honored her late husband by turning his cremated remains into a yellow diamond so she could always keep a part of him with her.

Nancy Wodziak wanted to honor her husband Richard in a special way after he died from a brain tumor last October. So, she became the first person in the state to turn a loved one's remains into a diamond.

Wodziak received her brilliant,half-carat yellow diamond after eight months of waiting.

"This certainly seems like a neat idea as far as diamonds are forever," Bradshaw Funeral and Cremation Services spokesman Justin Bradshaw said. "Some people feel it's a neat thing and that they're glad that I told them and other people I think feel that this is not for them."

"I think that's creepy," a woman said in the report.

To create the ring, the cremated remains are heated to extreme temperatures, and then the carbon is subjected to a tremendous amount of pressure. The result is a stone identical to diamonds that develop deep within the earth over millions of years

The nitrogen in the air causes the diamonds to be yellow in color. The company says yellow diamonds also occur naturally but are very rare.

The cost for a quarter carat is about $2,500 and goes up to $13,000 for a full carat. The diamonds can be made into any size.

Life Gem offers the services and some funeral homes assist loved ones in making the arrangements.

The company also makes diamonds from the cremated remains of pets.

Ok so hypothetical scenario. Say she gets married again ... and then in 50 years has an anniversary. You guys see where I'm going with this :lol

FnordChan

emmafrost2.jpg

Emma Frost says, "Why wait 'til they're dead?"

FnordChan

Matlock

Banned
Man, the X-Men should have sold her corpse on the black market. Just think of it...a diamond the size of a woman. That'd bring billions.

FnordChan

Matlock said:
Man, the X-Men should have sold her corpse on the black market. Just think of it...a diamond the size of a woman. That'd bring billions.

What, and flood the market? Emma would be embarrassed at such a wasteful use of her corpse. Besides, they occasionally gave Collossus handfuls of coal to squeeze into nest eggs.

FnordChan

OmniGamer

Matlock said:

Well, she was in a taxi well on her way to going to "Van Cleef and Arples" on Fifth and Fifty-seventh, to get herself valued, before turning back(cuz she forgot her louis vuitton handbag of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom