• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf Emergency Report: Turn off your TV and Gaming devices because you are dying. SAVE YOURSELVES FROM ILLNESS RELATED DISEASES before its too late!

But you forgot about the "radiation" which will eventually kill you over time...IMMEDIATELY!

Your only hope is to switch to an old IBM monochrome PC so you can be healed by the Green Lasers that come from the green text!
That's the kind of PC I played as a very young kid.

A big thank you to my parents, but I'm sorry for ignoring your health advice when I switched from IBM to Blu Ray. :messenger_anxious:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
That wasn't the point but ok...

Anyway, the article is talking about a completely different thing than what Freedom Co claims. If anything, it cements the fact he doesn't know what Blu Ray actually is, since he's getting two completely different types of Blu Ray mixed up, and thinking that Blu Ray discs are going to kill everyone. Excuse me, I mean MILLIONS ARE ALREADY DEAD.
It was the point when I said it was a blog site! :p

And millions is an understatement really, who knows how many diseases related to illnesses were really sparked by blu-ray.

xGreir

OH MY GOSH, I KNOW RIGHT!?

AT WHAT SPEED ARE WE TALKING ABOUT? SSD DEATH SPEED, OR BLURAYS DEATH SPEED?

Bcs if it is that bullshit blu ray speed, it wouldn't make a good use of the Death codes, and we might find a cure in time (Thanks to that bullshit proprietary DRM that Sony makes to kill us all :messenger_smirking:)

Last edited:

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
But you forgot about the "radiation" which will eventually kill you over time...IMMEDIATELY!

Your only hope is to switch to an old IBM monochrome PC so you can be healed by the Green Lasers that come from the green text!
George R.R. Martin will have enough time to finish A Song of Fire and Ice then.

nowhat

So are you actually going to dispute the research in the article?
What research in what article? That's a blog post, and the little credibility it could have is certainly reduced even further by the poor English. Wake me up when there's a peer-reviewed article in a respected journal. You know, actual research.

Last edited:
Just more ignorant people that can't even dispute a single article. Being racist making fun of their English as well.

Let me know when you guys are able to handle real facts.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Now you know why health care company names contain the words BLUE Shield.

Last edited:
Again, present real facts, like peer-reviewed actual articles, and we can debate those. So far you've given us drivel. Highly entertaining drivel, I'll grant you that, but drivel nevertheless.

This is an excuse. Nothing in the article is wrong about the effects of Blu lights on your health. If there's something wrong you should be able to dispute it and be an honest person.

The discs hole is small. My penis won’t fit!
Meet big Bertha

hand.png

PhoenixTank

Just more ignorant people that can't even dispute a single article. Being racist making fun of their English as well.

Let me know when you guys are able to handle real facts.
Okay, I'll bite, if only for your user title.

For whatever reason that article has somehow confused blue light with the brand/technology "Blu-ray" used for optical discs. Almost like someone has done a find & replace for blue light -> blu-ray.
This is an excuse. Nothing in the article is wrong about the effects of Blu lights on your health. If there's something wrong you should be able to dispute it and be an honest person.
Simply having a Blu-ray (brand & tech) player won't destroy your retinas. Opening up a Blu-ray (brand & tech) player's box/enclosure/chassis, powering it on and staring into the blue laser beam will probably do that, though.

The nasty blue laser can't hurt you as long as it remains in the box/enclosure/chassis.

Then surely you can find verifiable peer-reviewed studies that back up your claim, right?

You’re on some anti-vaxxer shit right now, my guy.

Peer-reviewed studies are often wrong, and are often not necessary. You don't need Peer-reviewed studies for 2+2.

The article lists problems that are easy to verify with quick research, and already user wunau has admitted to this very thing.

nowhat

already user wunau has admitted to this very thing
Uhh, no. What I said was a) laser is harmful to the eyes (but unless you have a defective device, this will not be an issue with Blu-Ray/DVD/CD) and b) things like LCD backlights can inhibit melatonin production when used in a low-light setting/late at night. That's all I've agreed to. Don't put words in my mouth. I still think you're 100% full of shit, especially with "SSD being limited by Blu-Ray speeds" which is just insane.

Uhh, no. What I said was a) laser is harmful to the eyes (but unless you have a defective device, this will not be an issue with Blu-Ray/DVD/CD) and b) things like LCD backlights can inhibit melatonin production when used in a low-light setting/late at night. That's all I've agreed to. Don't put words in my mouth. I still think you're 100% full of shit, especially with "SSD being limited by Blu-Ray speeds" which is just insane.

You didn't refute that article either. Lots of dodging from you today. Feel free to pass the torch to someone who is not scared.

Virex

Banned
Blu-Ray might not just be detrimental to the gaming and movie industry. Sources tell me that Blu-Ray is detrimental to humanity as a whole. Something needs to be done about it. And now it's planned for next-gen consoles as well. Which will just push the detrimental situation over the edge. Blu-Ray is so detrimental that it can't be explained or even imagined. It's god tier detrimental.

nowhat

You didn't refute that article either. Lots of dodging from you today. Feel free to pass the torch to someone who is not scared.
How am I supposed to refute something like
As long as the voltage is input to the electrode, the excitation layer can produce the required color light, and the Blu-ray band is mainly concentrated at the 460nm. The harmful Blu-ray with non-wavelength between 400nm-450nm has little energy and little harm to human eyes.
That's nonsensical. What the fuck is "non-wavelength" and how is the harmful "Blu-Ray" in that range if it's around 460nm?

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Didn't you say people were dying because of the new phone networks? Might as well die playing some games.

Whitesnake

Banned
Peer-reviewed studies are often wrong, and are often not necessary. You don't need Peer-reviewed studies for 2+2.

"Peer-review studies are unreliable, which is why I trust a random chinese blog that provides no sources."

Bro what are you smoking?

The article lists problems that are easy to verify with quick research,

Then shows the research.

It's obvious and easy to find, yes? Then show it to me. Provide links.

and already user wunau has admitted to this very thing.

No he didn't.

Shifty

Cappin's Log
(Stardate 220419)

I'm not gonna make it...

Got at least 4 consoles in the room. Not all blu-ray but let's ignore that for the sake of the drama...

I was a fool. Never realised how dange- cough hack cough
How dangerous they are.

I'm not long for this world... Listen, if anybody finds this, do not under any circumstances use a seventh-gen-or-later video game console. They're lethal. It was all a setup.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
[MESSAGE ENDS]

Last edited:

Barnabot

I've heard that the "Vita" from PS Vita means "Life" so it can prevent death. So stick around with a Vita in your hand if you wanna survive.

^220419 is 04/22/19 when translated to HD DVD, which means that today is the day Shifty is killed by Illness related diseases. I'll call his family:

Me: "Excuse me but your son/daughter/gaf member is dead because of illness related diseases."

Family: "NOOOOOOO, How did he die!?!?"

Me: "He died from Illness Related Diseases."

Family: "HOW DID HE FREAKING DIE!?!?!?!"

Me: "Look, I can't make it anymore clear than I already have. He died from Illness related diseases"

Family :"WHY WON'T YOU TELL US WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR FUCKING CHILD!?"

*click*

It's very hard when your son/daughter/gaf member dies from Illness related diseases. Some families take it harder than others. Damn you Blu Ray.

I've heard that the "Vita" from PS Vita means "Life" so it can prevent death. So stick around with a Vita in your hand if you wanna survive.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

A terrorist can remote send the Blu Ray data to your Vita from their PS4, giving your family aids++ (kills immediately) quickly because of the cancerous Blu Ray laser.

The terrorist will also die since they used a PS4.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Did you even read the article?

https://www.gearbest.com/blog/how-to/the-harm-and-source-of-blu-ray-3224

You got jokes, but this is an actual research paper on the effects of Bluray on the human body. Do you have anything to actual refute the research article?
I know this is a joke but its BLUE LIGHT emitted from displays that can hurt your eyes. Not BluRay, the disk storage medium. This is why phones now come with BLUE LIGHT filters (of which I use).

Yes people, Blue Rays of Light from your devices can hurt your eyes. Not your bluray hentai collection.

Top Bottom