• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

I want a writer to write a joke one-shot on every Marvel book that has no politics. It's basically a book where there are no villains, no conflicts, and no discussion. It's a book about nothing. Just nothing. You'll see Cap sitting on the couch watching Friends or something and then getting pizza out the oven.

I want a writer to write a joke one-shot on every Marvel book that has no politics. It's basically a book where there are no villains, no conflicts, and no discussion. It's a book about nothing. Just nothing. You'll see Cap sitting on the couch watching Friends or something and then getting pizza out the oven.
And then D-Man busts through the door with a kooky scheme

Messi

I'm reading the new Spider-Gwen and they refer to the main Marvel U in this issue as Earth-616. Interesting...has this happened since Secret Wars? I can't remember...I thought they were going to try to avoid that label

Someone didn't get the memo and an editor didn't catch it

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I really to read No Mans Land at some point, I really want to experience that story since it sounds very amazing.

Also I want DC to finally reprint President Luthor stuff -,-

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
So I did some googling, and apparently it's not hard to find this kind of talk in relation to comics, especially Marvel. So I'm sitting here wondering if there's a widespread feeling that publications like Marvel are kinda jamming "SJW" issues into their new comics? Or is this more just the case of it being comic reader crossover of the gamergate crowd?

It's definitely very common, and is the number one reason that this is the only place that I talk about comics.

There's a good number of people that abhor the idea of reading stories about people that don't look or think like them apparently. It's sad.

mreddie

It's that super toxic geek culture. Comics have a very strong fanbase comprised of old white dudes who want everything to be the same, but different. But not too different, so it's still the same.

Gay Iceman is too different. I mean, he's pretty much the same, but just likes dudes now. Which is too different. I mean, these are people who hate a black Captain America tackling racial politics, a female Thor being a badass, and a middle school aged black girl being the smartest on the planet.

Some people can't accept the changing landscape. Can't go to far and you'll piss off the manchildren, don't do enough and the product becomes stale.

Killing off heroes to make room for others was a bad move but just accepting the usual won't do any favors either.

There's a reason why Jessica/Baz are being accepted, DC didn't kill off Hal or Jon to make way for them.

Messi

Because it's too confusing when I have 4 PMs all asking for different things. Organize!

I feel like we could have seen the Archie comics delays coming.

Remender when I wanted an Archie comics section looool.

Sabrina's one shot only got delayed 2 1/2 months.

mreddie

OT problems?
ANNA SAVE US

raw

Not too big on Incognito, probably my least favourite thing to come out of their partnership, but I'd recommend the whole run of Criminal. Really fantastic stuff. They all stand alone to Coward but exist in the same world, with certain characters cameo-ing and so on. The volume that is pretty much Archie haha
Criminal is fucking great. Basically stray bullets but good

TheFlow

Banned

weren't you the guy who only read 2 issues of Stray bullets? bye Felicia.

Sounds promising. I heard stray bullets is not good so...

There is only one person who is silly enough to say Stray bullets is not good in a serious manner. see above

flow trembles
I am gone for a couple of days,Jc gets banned all of sudden, and people think it is ok to shitpost about Stray bullets. smh.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The third issue of Multiversity is a much better read.
Have missed everything most likely anyway.
Its really not fun to know this and read a book

Hah I've never read stray bullets. One of these days. Criminal is the real deal though. All the Image stuff has been great but there's a chance they outdid themselves with Criminal, should of saved those for the end of their careers. Reminds me I actually haven't read the latest vol they did of the image one shots.

I'm still mad we'll probably never get Multiversity Too or the Batman Black & White books from Morrison. Klaus och WW Earth-1 are nice but I hope he can get at least one volume of the announced books out before 2019.

With that, I'm off for tonight. See y'all tomorrow~

As long as your not throwing it the small support should be fine. It looks small anyway.

It depends on what the peg is made of. Figures now usually have a metal rod in the leg where the support is. Older figures didn't have this so they were prone to leaning after being on display. Remember, these are all made of PVC, which is a soft plastic. In the past I've had figures where the peg wouldn't fit into the hole on the foot, so you can usually remedy that with some hot water or a hairdryer.

She's about 9" tall.

Read Old Guard #1. Eeesh, pretty dull. This is what Rucka is doing instead of Lazarus? Shame.

Glad I skipped it, then.

It depends on what the peg is made of. Figures now usually have a metal rod in the leg where the support is. Older figures didn't have this so they were prone to leaning after being on display. Remember, these are all made of PVC, which is a soft plastic. In the past I've had figures where the peg wouldn't fit into the hole on the foot, so you can usually remedy that with some hot water or a hairdryer.

She's about 9" tall.
When in doubt, there's Nendoroid:

Nudull

Banned
What are the ways people are thinking? Is it what I'm now thinking you're thinking?

If what you're thinking is what I'm think you're thinking what he's thinking what ElFoxy is thinking, then that kind of thinking is lewd.

Makes you think, don't you think?

tim1138

The third issue of Multiversity is a much better read.
Have missed everything most likely anyway.
Its really not fun to know this and read a book

What do you feel like you're missing. The main gist is the Gentry are invading the multiverse and the various Earth's are finding out via comic books. I didn't think Multiversity was that hard to follow. Like most of Morrison's stuff there's layers to it if you want to dig, but I thought the one shots did a nice job standing on their own.

Top Bottom