• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump commemorates Cinco de Mayo with a special message to constituents

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think that Trump is colluding with the Clintons (i.e., he is a plant for them) and is playing the villain to ensure Hillary wins. It's all part of the master plan, as you will see this sort of softball setup time and time again from here on out. And it makes perfect sense, as Trump and the Clintons have had a friendly history prior to this election cycle, with Trump having donated to their foundations and political campaigns numerous times in the past.

tinfoil hat bullshit lol

studyguy

It's just that Republicans have no method for which to respond to racism. Sad!

Aye, they have a method of responding to it. By denouncing it outright.

But we all saw how they came out in staunch opposition the moment he said he was going to deport millions and stop Muslims from moving freely across the country... oh wait that's right. No they didn't. Hell Cruz was advocating policing Muslim communities for that matter.

Sianos

I still think that Trump is colluding with the Clintons (i.e., he is a plant for them) and is playing the villain to ensure Hillary wins. It's all part of the master plan, as you will see this sort of softball setup time and time again from here on out. And it makes perfect sense, as Trump and the Clintons have had a friendly history prior to this election cycle, with Trump having donated to their foundations and political campaigns numerous times in the past.

It's not intentional, because these exact same softballs are exactly what let to Trump winning the nomination - because it's what the base wants to hear, and its not like the Republican party can really call someone out on racism or sexism when they themselves are snakecharmers and dogwhistlers.

But the result is the same regardless of intent: liberals are getting the obvious "villain" they need to actually focus on getting things done instead of ravaging each other like they so often do throughout history after their first victory.

jmood88

I love how this, of all the things he has done/said, is getting so much pushback from reporters. Hopefully it's a sign that they'll finally be willing to call him out, though I doubt it.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
That this tweet of his is causing such a reaction in social media and regular media is part of how he got $2 billion worth of coverage for free. Don't get played.

Unlikely.

Trump? In MY vagina White House? It's more likely than you think!

Of course Donald Trump would eat the most white people looking taco bowl. That's a taco bowl full of ground beef, chedder cheese, and a single scoop of sour cream. So authentic lol

tinfoil hat bullshit lol

Don't be played so easily. Many politicians and business people put on fronts in public like they are hostile to one another, when in reality they are not.

There is an an undeniable history there. It doesn't just evaporate because they are running for president now.

User1608

Banned
Donald Trump is the one that wants to to deport them all, he is the one that wants to change the law for citizenship of those born in this country with parents from other country, so, Yeah her post is spot on.
Some people will create any excuse to hate on her or twist words, intent it seems. Not even a response to a shallow, insulting and apparent attempt to pander to Hispanics.

jstripes

Banned
NwqsK.jpg

"I love Italians. Italians are the best."

RDreamer

I don't even understand this conspiracy. Him 'playing the villain' still requires the republican base to actively vote for him. That's not playing the villain. That's playing a republican. There's no real conspiracy to him winning the nomination.

Sianos

Some people will create any excuse to hate on her or twist words, intent it seems. Not even a response to a shallow, insulting and apparent attempt to pander to Hispanics.

As soon as you give them the semantic smackdown they run away just like fools do when a Hispanic person they are harassing produces their paperwork - so they can return and harass them over the same thing the next day.

It's not intentional, because these exact same softballs are exactly what let to Trump winning the nomination - because it's what the base wants to hear, and its not like the Republican party can really call someone out on racism or sexism when they themselves are snakecharmers and dogwhistlers.

But the result is the same regardless of intent: liberals are getting the obvious "villain" they need to actually focus on getting things done instead of ravaging each other like they so often do throughout history after their first victory.

The Conservative base wants to hear that. That is what got him the nomination as the Republican candidate.

He and his campaign are smart enough to realize that the same sort of pandering in the GE will mean he gets swept. Could easily be part of the plan. It really is the perfect setup.

Would be a brilliant coup if they really were colluding with one another.

Say, for example, that Trump's business dealings would greatly benefit from the Clintons being in office. The plan would be to help Hillary get elected. If for some reason Trump wins inadvertantly in the GE, then the Clintons and their people can just ghost write Trump's presidency, which is still a mutually beneficial outcome for both Trump and the Clintons.

pigeon

Banned
The Conservative base wants to hear that. That is what got him the nomination as the Republican candidate.

He and his campaign are smart enough to realize that the same sort of pandering in the GE will mean he gets swept. Could easily be part of the plan. It really is the perfect setup.

Say, for example, that Trump's business dealings would greatly benefit from the Clintons being in office. The plan would be to help Hillary get elected. If for some reason Trump wins inadvertantly in the GE, then the Clintons and their people can just ghost write Trump's presidency, which is still a mutually beneficial outcome for both Trump and the Clintons.

Posts like this are a great example of why it is not sufficient to be reasonable if your priors are crazy, because you will just construct an insane chain of logic to justify your position.

HylianTom

Banned
I love how this, of all the things he has done/said, is getting so much pushback from reporters. Hopefully it's a sign that they'll finally be willing to call him out, though I doubt it.

I really think that Twitter is going to help in reinforcing that tendency. These media folks spend all day either working or on their phones, so if they see a constant stream of mockery and derision towards the GOP candidate, it's bound to filter into their coverage in various forms. Hillary has her moments of ughness, but Trump provides riffing material that's second-to-none.

Before the Internet, the GOP seemed to have the "brief message" war won in the form of bumperstickers. But now? Liberal snark in 140 characters or less has the overwhelming messaging advantage.

Posts like this are a great example of why it is not sufficient to be reasonable if your priors are crazy, because you will just construct an insane chain of logic to justify your position.

I didn't say it was definitely true; just, that it could very well be true given the history of their relationship (i.e., it is not out of the realm of possibility).

I don't know how many of you are from the NYC area or have grown up knowing how Trump operates, but his dealings in this election cycle are very uncharacteristic of him.

He is a NYC business man...an opportunistic wheeler and dealer who is infatuated with 2 things: money and fame.

I'm not sure being the president was ever on his radar as anything other than a means to another end.

He's also in the past been pretty socially liberal, but as most powerful business men usually are, he is fiscally conservative. His is like many of the financial elite in New York City.

Sianos

Trump is too prideful and this absolute loss would shred what little remains of his dignity for the rest of his life. If (when) he lost, he'd be the laughing stock of every joke. I expect him to flail about blaming the Republican establishment for trying to save their down ticket races as the reason for his loss and invite the alt-right to ravage what remains of the dilapidated party.

Even if he misplaces the few marbles he has left and does go all-in and pretends that he's been colluding by announcing with bombast that he was really a double agent and the true hero of the progressive movement, it'd be pretty obviously untrue by virtue of him announcing that undermining the progressive movement.

I think Trump is salty that Obama beat him handily with regards to the birther nonsense and then roasted him over it, and is now trying to get his salty runback against Obama's third term.

pigeon

Banned
I didn't say it was definitely true; just, that it could very well be true given the history of their relationship (i.e., it is not out of the realm of possibility).

Sure. I would put it at about the same probability level as "Hillary Clinton is a Skrull."

I don't know how many of you are from the NYC area or have grown up knowing how Trump operates

(I'm an expert),

but his dealings in this election cycle are very uncharacteristic of him.

He is a NYC business man...an opportunistic wheeler and dealer who is infatuated with 2 things: money and fame.

I'm not sure being the president was ever on his radar as anything other than a means to another end.

I incline towards the theory that getting mocked at the White House Correspondent's Dinner infuriated him and he ran as a form of revenge.

Sure. I would put it at about the same probability level as "Hillary Clinton is a Skrull."

(I'm an expert),

I incline towards the theory that getting mocked at the White House Correspondent's Dinner infuriated him and he ran as a form of revenge.

Nice cliche use of memes. Very original. I'm sure you are patting yourself on the back at this very moment.

I know you don't want this to be true. And there very well may be an element of getting back at the Clintons due to a recent interpersonal dispute that we are unaware of. But their history remains. And all reasonable accounts would point to whatever Hillary gets enacted in terms of legislation actually helping Trump's business dealings at the end of the day.

This sort of setup could very well be a win-win for the both of them. And I'm sure they are aware of that.

Every time I think he can't sink any lower, he raises the bar.

He raises the bar for sinking lower.

I'm surprised he didn't do it with a fucking Mariachi band behind him.

I'm Mexican and I've never eaten whatever he's having. I'm guessing that shit is as Mexican as a Taco Bell DoritosLocoTaco (aka not Mexican at all).

Lemaitre

Banned
Nice cliche use of memes. Very original. I'm sure you are patting yourself on the back at this very moment.

I know you don't want this to be true. And there very well may be an element of getting back at the Clintons due to a recent interpersonal dispute that we are unaware of. But their history remains. And all reasonable accounts would point to whatever Hillary gets enacted in terms of legislation actually helping Trump's business dealings at the end of the day.

This sort of setup could very well be a win-win for the both of them. And I'm sure they are aware of that.

I'm inclined to agree with you friend. Even though the both of us, or others who might agree with our view, will be looked toward with incredulous gazes I ultimately do agree with you.

The fact that these two are our definitive choices in this election cycle speaks for itself. Unfortunately that's why I always refrain from politics most of the time, or keeping engaged. It has only been the extra craziness of this election cycle that has made me pay more attention to it all.

But regardless, no matter who wins, the state of politics and our current U.S. society needs a lot of work done on it. Donald Trump, win or lose, will profit from these events at the expense of issues that need real attention.

I'm inclined to agree with you friend. Even though the both of us, or others who might agree with our view, will be looked toward with incredulous gazes I ultimately do agree with you.

The fact that these two are our definitive choices in this election cycle speaks for itself. Unfortunately that's why I always refrain from politics most of the time, or keeping engaged. It has only been the extra craziness of this election cycle that has made me pay more attention to it all.

But regardless, no matter who wins, the state of politics and our current U.S. society needs a lot of work done on it. Donald Trump, win or lose, will profit from these events at the expense of issues that need real attention.

It's a hilariously sad state of affairs because Trump is literally playing out the evil business man heel character that he's played in the WWE in the past during the course of this election cycle (he's also close friends with Vince MchMahon). This is painfully obvious at this point. It makes me think that he's moonlighting for an acting career after this whole ordeal. He's already been heavily involved in reality tv, after all.

But, like you say, powerful people, no matter who they say they are affiliated or aligned with, will only act in the majority of instances if it benefits them financially and/or in terms of their influence on others. And their actions are hardly ever as they appear on the surface.

Humans really are pretty wicked creatures when endowed with excess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom