• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Moore: "5 Reasons Why Trump Will Win"

Status
Not open for further replies.

deli2000

As a person living in a post-brexit Britain. Don't make the same mistake we did. If you are against Donald Trump and his rhetoric, get out there and vote against him instead of dismissing it with a handwave and moving on.

Tagyhag

This is blatantly false. It seems like people base their reasoning on why Trump will win, or the whole "Don't doubt him!!" thing on pure "feels" and not any actual supportive evidence.

You're right, but if it helps make people go out to vote, then I'm all for them not looking at polls.

There's a quote misattributed to Churchill that I've been thinking about a lot lately

"Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing, once they've exhausted all the other options."

There are soooo many ignorant and spiteful people who feel disempowered and know no other way to deal with that other than trolling and burning everything down. That unfocused anger with no outlet is way more powerful than anyone who doesn't have it can (or should) imagine.

I don't know enough about the electoral math/demographics, but are Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin as easy to swing as Moore seems to imply?

The country is fucked if he wins. I hope everyone that votes for him realizes this. How can you look in the mirror knowing that you voted this ass clown into power?

The very same type of people vote for my country to leave the EU. Just when you think everyone was smart enough to know that the worst can't happen, well, it will.

There's a quote misattributed to Churchill that I've been thinking about a lot lately

"Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing, once they've exhausted all the other options."

There are soooo many ignorant and spiteful people who feel disempowered and know no other way to deal with that other than trolling and burning everything down. That unfocused anger with no outlet is way more powerful than anyone who doesn't have it can (or should) imagine.

I don't know enough about the electoral math/demographics, but are Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin as easy to swing as Moore seems to imply?

Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan: no. (Especially Pennsylvania, which is going to keep voting Dem as long as Philly keeps outvoting the rest of the state - which is gonna keep happening for the foreseeable future.)

Ohio: probably.

Maledict

I wish people would stop saying 'no-one thought he could win the nomination, anything could happen omg!!!'.

People thought he wouldn't win the nomination *despite* all the polling data and evidence. People think he won't win the election *because* of all the polling data and evidence.

ArjanN

The constant sentiment of "Its fine, there's no way Hillary can lose!" is what really scares me. Overconfidence is how we get upsets.

Eh, I get that he doesn't want people to be complacent, but Trump really doesn't have a realistic shot at winning.

And I'm guessing the vast majority of the people who vote for Trump are the people who just want to vote Republican regardless of who the candidate is.

Cyan

Banned
I think we're reaching saturation point on this stuff. Please consider whether the latest Trump thing on social media is actually news or contains any new information before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom