• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treme - the creators of The Wire look at life in New Orleans - S3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingocfs

"Antoine, you know how to work the VCR? Yeah ya do!"

Brilliant show, brilliant season.

YES, love that relationship. And agreed, this season was by far my favorite.

The finale felt like Simon thought it might have been the very end, I definitely could have left these characters where they were and felt satisfied. Except for maybe LaDonna. :-(

CrankyJay

Banned
YES, love that relationship. And agreed, this season was by far my favorite.

The finale felt like Simon thought it might have been the very end, I definitely could have left these characters where they were and felt satisfied. Except for maybe LaDonna. :-(

I guess...I didn't like how Jannette ended up either, but that's because I'm in love with her.

This thread is pathetically small.

I just marathoned the entire season today (what a great day) and this is still the best show on TV.

I just read the news about S4 :'( FUCKS SAKE. Better than to have nothing, but this show could run and run, it has way more longevity in it than The Wire did, as far as I'm concerned.

Urgh. So frustrating that this isn't getting the attention it deserves. This should be in every breath as Mad Men / Game of Thrones / Boardwalk Empire / Breaking Bad etc when discussing modern TV.

I was on a real high after this amazing season and now I'm just depressed...

Oh, was that documentary they were all watching on the laptop a real one? If so, what was it called? Looked like a good watch...

Interfectum

Just finished Treme season 3 recently. Such a fantastic show that deserves a bigger audience. If you liked The Wire you should enjoy this (though it's not near as good IMO).

Season 3 was easily my favorite season so far too. It's a shame S4 is getting cut short. :(

Clevinger

I definitely could have left these characters where they were and felt satisfied. Except for maybe LaDonna. :-(

I'm doing a rewatch right now, just finished the first two seasons again, and it's so tragic. She's this show's punching bag.

I think my favorite scene from the show is with her. The last part of the first season's finale, they're all walking to the church in the line. LaDonna is looking devastated. She's kind of giving this half-hearted dance, just moving her shoulders a bit. Then little by little she starts to get into it more and finally she just loses herself in it. And it cuts to Toni looking happy for her, smiling, and then she starts to cry because she knows she can't do the same for Crayton.

So.Good. So many tears.

Sharp

Just started watching this and it's fucking fantastic. I'm really surprised it doesn't have more buzz, honestly.

I'll make a stupid comparison and say this will be like The Magnificent Ambersons, something that had/has the potential to eclipse its predecessor, but we will never know for sure.

Not yet. They're done filming.

I wonder if they'll burn it off in December once Boardwalk/Eastbound/Hello Ladies end. Or perhaps they'll use it between True Detective and Game of Thrones in early spring.

It's going to get shitty ratings no matter what, so I wish HBO would just air it already. I can't wait to see it.

I wonder if they'll burn it off in December once Boardwalk/Eastbound/Hello Ladies end. Or perhaps they'll use it between True Detective and Game of Thrones in early spring.

It's going to get shitty ratings no matter what, so I wish HBO would just air it already. I can't wait to see it.
True Detective is only 10 episodes, so it's a good possibility that Treme might bridge the gap between that and GoT. I figure we'd see a teaser or something by now if they were planning on running it this calendar year.

The trailer was simple but still beautiful and moving.
3 years time skip? I love it when it happens.
Probably the best HBO show of the last years comes to an end, after this Boardwalk Empire is literally the only great show still standing on the channel.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The trailer was simple but still beautiful and moving.
3 years time skip? I love it when it happens.
Probably the best HBO show of the last years comes to an end, after this Boardwalk Empire is literally the only great show still standing on the channel.
Down in The Newsroom
With Will and MacKenzie
We're all going crazy
'Cause Sorkin cannot write!

I assume that means three years after Katrina, not three years after the last episode. It's a time jump, as always, but not as significant as it could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom