• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider anime series (sequel to the reboot trilogy) and Monsterverse (Skull Island) anime series coming to Netflix

Jethalal

Banned

Anyone hyped?

EDIT: Tweet seems to have been deleted, got a screenshot though

nEakbMw.jpg

Leaked by mistake :pie_thinking:

EDIT2: Apparently, Monsterverse anime too, thanks to cormack12 cormack12 for the info

https://www.thewrap.com/legendary-sets-skull-island-tomb-raider-anime-shows-at-netflix/

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Tomb Raider anime is a bit weird. Good snip though! I wonder what sort of casting Netlifx will do?

lara-croft.jpg

Being reported eslewhere as well as Kong: https://www.thewrap.com/legendary-sets-skull-island-tomb-raider-anime-shows-at-netflix/

The “Tomb Raider” series will bring Lara Croft to the small screen, picking up after the events of the most recent video game trilogy. The project is unrelated to the ongoing film franchise starring Alicia Vikander, which recently tapped “Lovecraft Country’s” Misha Green to write and direct a new sequel.

Jethalal

Banned
Tomb Raider anime is a bit weird. Good snip though! I wonder what sort of casting Netlifx will do?

lara-croft.jpg

Being reported eslewhere as well as Kong: https://www.thewrap.com/legendary-sets-skull-island-tomb-raider-anime-shows-at-netflix/

The “Tomb Raider” series will bring Lara Croft to the small screen, picking up after the events of the most recent video game trilogy. The project is unrelated to the ongoing film franchise starring Alicia Vikander, which recently tapped “Lovecraft Country’s” Misha Green to write and direct a new sequel.
Didn't like the Godzilla anime films (weren't by legendary though), hope these are good.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Hmm Netflix anime goes in two completely different directions.

You have Castlevania/Hi-Score Girl, and then you have 95% of the rest of them lol.

Wasnt castlevania eventually terrible by season 3? 1 was ok but i never made it farther. Heard 3 was bad tho

SinDelta

I think setting the Tomb Raider anime after the trilogy is a mistake. The story and characters were god awful with most of the plotlines that were introduced in the reboot getting outright sidelined (Sam) ignored or dropped by Rise.

Should have been a clean break.

Skull Island anime on the other hand has my interest.

Last edited:
Hi-Score Girl isn't produced by Netflix, it's based on the manga of the same name and adapted/produced by J.C.Staff and SMDE, Netflix just licenced it outside of Japan.
Ahh. Between the Netflix icon and the animation style I just had always assumed. I knew it was a manga but never looked into the studio.

Codes 208

They picked the wrong titular kaiju to make an anime around.

(unless it’s more of that 3d shit)

Last edited:
They picked the wrong titular kaiju to make an anime around.

(unless it’s more of that 3d shit)
If you're wanting Godzilla, an actual anime "Godzilla Singular Point", is coming out later this year. I think it's a 2d/3d mix though. =P

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Tomb Raider is set to be brought to life by Powerhouse Animation, the studio responsible for Castlevania, Masters of the Universe: Revelation, and Blood of Zeus to name a few. According to the press release by Square Enix, Hayley Atwell will be joined by actors Allen Maldonado and Earl Baylon as Zip and Jonah Maiava. Baylon's Maiava originally appeared in the rebooted game series which gave Lara a brand new origin story and took place over the course of a trilogy in Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider respectively.

As for how this series will relate to the events of the games, it will apparently take place after the events of the "Survivor Trilogy," which re-imagined the Tomb Raider for a brand new generation. While Netflix and Legendary Television has been tight lipped as to when fans can expect the new animated adventures of Lara Croft to arrive on the streaming service, it's clear that Netflix is all-in when it comes to adapting some of the biggest game properties to its platform.

Top Bottom