• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TIFU: WHAT THE FUCK Digital Foundry?

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Arrested Development Drama GIF

TrueLegend

How many tech reviews show the start or first few minutes of the game?

Go back and watch their videos youll notice most of their reviews show atleast the first 15 minutes of a game.

Why is this suddenly a problem?
Why are you repeating the excuse I made for them like your point of argument....Yes showing first 15 minutes of game is fine(which is my hypothetical assumption for best scenario case)...but even showing first five minutes are not fine depending upon context. If you are dealing with a game that is a sequal to a game that ended with an anticipatory note you should know better than to try to break away the tension.

@jaysius You need clinical help. I am serious. First READ....YOU REALLY REALLY should read...because its litearlly an Internet forum. I have literally written I am too tired to rage so I made this thread.....You seem like a guy who is new to internet , we are not raising our fist in real life here. And If you had played God of War games you will know what Rage of Sparta means. Now the reason I said you need clinical help is because where the fuck I am talking about physical harm to him...thats a fucked up interpretation of my post.

He's probably numb, tired...and reading on a mobile phone.

I think that showing a new move or some other things are not considered spoilers, but from what i understand it was like a scene with characters so more story related.

Again i didn't watched the video so i'm not overly mad, i'm mostly doing devil advocate for people who got spoiled.

A piece of shit on gaf already spoiled me probably the biggest thing that you can spoil and somehow it is still not banned...

Talking about you Majima Everywhere System Majima Everywhere System
Lets bury the hatchet. That was completely made up, I haven't watched much more than a trailer, and am going in blind. So while I value going in fresh, I think we should all question living in fear of spoilers.

It was just using Shadow of Colusses as a template for impactful endings, and applying it to the context of God of War 2018 in an absurd way. It would have been more fair to say "the axe is your father", but I felt us Playstation fans would have picked up on
the axe dies

Why are you repeating the excuse I made for them like your point of argument....Yes showing first 15 minutes of game is fine(which is my hypothetical assumption for best scenario case)...but even showing first five minutes are not fine depending upon context. If you are dealing with a game that is a sequal to a game that ended with an anticipatory note you should know better than to try to break away the tension.

Doesn't even matter if it's a sequel. Imagine showing sarah's death from TLOU. No that shit doesn't fly.

GymWolf

Lets bury the hatchet. That was completely made up, I haven't watched much more than a trailer, and am going in blind. So while I value going in fresh, I think we should all question living in fear of spoilers.

It was just using Shadow of Colusses as a template for impactful endings, and applying it to the context of God of War 2018 in an absurd way. It would have been more fair to say "the axe is your father", but I felt us Playstation fans would have picked up on
the axe dies
Fiuu dude, you fucking scared me.

Sorry for the insult but you can understand from where it came from.

Peace.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I’m not going to be able to play the game for another month. So I’m not looking at videos or reviews. But then the Doritos Pope started to retweet and tweet open spoilers.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Even worse when you are not a native english talker like me.

I just discovered that dick is both a name, an insult AND a body part.
I call the people being dicks, Richards. I work in QA, and most of the time, I deal with Richards. I think I picked this up, back when I was working at Blockbuster.

Last edited:

Three

Imagine being this scared of spoilers and willingly going to YouTube and typing in God Of War Ragnarok
He is subscribed to DF. He watches their tech reviews. He just didn't expect spoilers in it and there really wasn't any reason for it to have spoilers. Especially a damn cutscene conversation if what I'm reading is correct.

Killer8

So you're invested enough in the story of a game that you'd want to harm someone for accidentally spoiling something in it...

... yet you're willfully exposing yourself to videos about the game on Youtube, and then getting mad when you inevitably stumble on spoilers?

lmao

Last edited:
The fuck. Absolutely messed up stuff brothers. Today I watched the DF tech review of GOW:R and Rage of Sparta is playing in my mind, I feel like executing some brutality on John from DF. I had to watch the video three times to see the Spoiler Warning. For people making video on technical aspect of video these dumbfucks know nothing about visual cue or coloring. You show spoiler warning in big red letter you dumbfuck with fucking audio cue. And on top of it he had no fucking need of showing those scenes, he absolutely didn't point out any technicality especially in those heavy spoiler scene. They were just playing out. I was a bit in numb state coming after work and the fuck did I just witness. Every cunt youtuber is showing spoiler for views and I know that there are spoiler protecting filters but than there are channels like Skillup which straight up start rolling spoiler in unrelated video to make a point. What is up with these fuckers. Fuck these fuckers. Yes I made this thread to vent out as I am too tired to rage.
You and your immature profanity. Are you some stupid kid or what. You will see the game anyway when you play it 3 second here and there isn't going to ruin 15 hours of story. You people have big issues and you love to expand them even more. You will survive, go drink some water from the supermarket because the one you are drinking it affects your head.

Because that will help me decide if I should wait for a patch or news about day one patch or something similar. Because I am heavily invested in the game I want to play it in its best state.
You are just an idiot. Invested in game? What will happen if you buy the game let's say at 11 of November.

Yes lecturing me about profanity by calling out names. I may need to drink water, you need to drown in it because you stink.
Will you provide the shampoo so i can take out my stinkyness? Dude you are crying for some spoilers and it's like your life got ruined or something, then you claim you NEED the game because you are invested in it.
I think if you buy the game at launch or 5 days later you will still be able to breath and survive this calamity. And if you saw 1 min of spoilers you will also survive because that one minute is not the whole game. And in the end a game is not a movie it's something interactive that You PLAY. Story is there to move the medium.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
The fuck. Absolutely messed up stuff brothers. Today I watched the DF tech review of GOW:R and Rage of Sparta is playing in my mind, I feel like executing some brutality on John from DF. I had to watch the video three times to see the Spoiler Warning. For people making video on technical aspect of video these dumbfucks know nothing about visual cue or coloring. You show spoiler warning in big red letter you dumbfuck with fucking audio cue. And on top of it he had no fucking need of showing those scenes, he absolutely didn't point out any technicality especially in those heavy spoiler scene. They were just playing out. I was a bit in numb state coming after work and the fuck did I just witness. Every cunt youtuber is showing spoiler for views and I know that there are spoiler protecting filters but than there are channels like Skillup which straight up start rolling spoiler in unrelated video to make a point. What is up with these fuckers. Fuck these fuckers. Yes I made this thread to vent out as I am too tired to rage.
Doesn't want to be spoiled going into a game...Proceeds to watch technical YouTube video about it...

Around my parts we call that dumb as fuck, if you wanna go in blind and are easily upset over videogames maybe try not watching videos about said fucking game...

Top Bottom