• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TIFU: WHAT THE FUCK Digital Foundry?

TrueLegend

The fuck. Absolutely messed up stuff brothers. Today I watched the DF tech review of GOW:R and Rage of Sparta is playing in my mind, I feel like executing some brutality on John from DF. I had to watch the video three times to see the Spoiler Warning. For people making video on technical aspect of video these dumbfucks know nothing about visual cue or coloring. You show spoiler warning in big red letter you dumbfuck with fucking audio cue. And on top of it he had no fucking need of showing those scenes, he absolutely didn't point out any technicality especially in those heavy spoiler scene. They were just playing out. I was a bit in numb state coming after work and the fuck did I just witness. Every cunt youtuber is showing spoiler for views and I know that there are spoiler protecting filters but than there are channels like Skillup which straight up start rolling spoiler in unrelated video to make a point. What is up with these fuckers. Fuck these fuckers. Yes I made this thread to vent out as I am too tired to rage.

Last edited:

YCoCg

This is the first thing on screen after the DF logo and it is displayed for three seconds:
gow_df_spoilerikf0i.png

TrueLegend

meh. Was it really a spoiler?
How can you not expect that
That one motherfucking scene was a huge ass thing.....like I didnt need to hear all that conversation at all. And wtf did he analyze in that scene. Everyone knows thor is in the game but those scenes were full on fucked up for a tech review.

Last edited:

TrueLegend

So you dont like Digital Foundry but watch Digital Foundry.

If masochism is your kink i wont front, but making a thread about you masochism is kinda weird.
I like digital foundry, the one thing I liked about them most was that they never spoiled games like this before as far as I have seen.

Hugare

I wasnt watching in TV, PC Monitor or Tablet, I was watching in mobile.
What do you mean by that?

I watched it from my phone and the message is still there. For 4 seconds.

If you are so sensitive about spoilers (despite the freaking warning), dont watch those videos

Yeah, they didnt need to show those scenes. I thought the same whil watching.

But I dont give a damn about spoilers

Last edited:

GymWolf

OP make a compelling and well thought argument but Dicktator response on reeee about the spoilers is nothing less than brilliant:

Lol this vid spoils nothing of importance

Do you want to Show a black Screen for 20 minutes and then Just the Game Menü?

So i guess, checkmate for Bagtallia.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
OP make a compelling and well thought argument but his response on reeee about the spoilers is nothing less than brilliant:

Reeks of being done on purpose.

They even had spoilers in the written article.

BbMajor7th

I was numb, tired....It was blue on black and small. I have literally perfect eyesight and my smartphone has an oled screen. I give them C on that. C for being a cunt.
I get it and I was surprised at some of the stuff they revealed in there, but at the same time, they put the warning in there and they can't account for all scenarios. Video reviews are always dicey spoiler wise as people have very different definitions about what a spoiler is.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I get it and I was surprised at some of the stuff they revealed in there, but at the same time, they put the warning in there and they can't account for all scenarios. Video reviews are always dicey spoiler wise as people have very different definitions about what a spoiler is.
This wasn't a game review. It was a tech breakdown.

They don't score these games, lol.
You don't need spoilers for a tech review. Even reviewers did not contain spoilers when reviewing the game.

Puscifer

The fuck. Absolutely messed up stuff brothers. Today I watched the DF tech review of GOW:R and Rage of Sparta is playing in my mind, I feel like executing some brutality on John from DF. I had to watch the video three times to see the Spoiler Warning. For people making video on technical aspect of video these dumbfucks know nothing about visual cue or coloring. You show spoiler warning in beg red letter you dumbfuck with fucking audio cue. And on top of it he had no fucking need of showing those scenes, he absolutely didn't point out any technicality especially in those heavy spoiler scene. They were just playing out. I was a bit in numb state coming after work and the fuck did I just witness. Every cunt youtuber is showing spoiler for views and I know that there are spoiler protecting filters but than there are channels like Skillup which straight up start rolling spoiler in unrelated video to make a point. What is up with these fuckers. Fuck these fuckers. Yes I made this thread to vent out as I am too tired to rage.
FWIW, skillup didn't reveal any spoilers in his review AT ALL. It was so general and unsurprising that it felt like he could be praising anything.

jaysius

Banned
This is too much dude, you need a breather.

The suggestion of physical harm to someone for “spoiling” your new favourite thing is quite scary, and should be a red flag for self reflection.

You’ll be ok, I guess you didn’t follow the “media blackout” guide closely enough.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I mean, "spoilers" can be pretty subjective. If the video warned of spoilers, and you missed it, it's on you. I mean, especially since there's a card with text that works across all platforms and is present for seconds.

I watched the SkillUp review as he said there would be no spoilers, and from what I could tell, a lot of the footage that was shown was shown previously. Nothing really new. However I also wasn't hardcore focusing on what was being shown for obvious reasons. I certainly don't feel "spoiled", but I'm sure there are people out there that feel differently.

If you're that kind of person, don't watch any videos, clips, etc. It's the only way, whatsoever. It's been that way for years. Just black it all out.

Hugare

This wasn't a game review. It was a tech breakdown.

They don't score these games, lol.
The most demanding/technically impressive sections of the game may be during some spoilery territory

I remember during the TLOU 2 review John had to mute and blur the image to show FPS drops that occur later in the game. He wasnt allowed to show them due to NDA restrictions.

ungalo

The "spoiler free" thing has gone too far with this game. The reviews are basically "can't say shit about the game but it's awesome". For the other 99% of games they don't care about showing some bosses or environments, it's a little disrespectful.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The most demanding/technically impressive sections of the game may be during some spoilery territory

I remember during the TLOU 2 review John had to mute and blur the image to show FPS drops that occur later in the game. He wasnt allowed to show them due to NDA restrictions.
Should have done the same here, now the trolls will run wild. But their shit eating grins know this.

Or, drop a non spoiler initially, and a follow up a week or two after the game launches.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
OP make a compelling and well thought argument but Dicktator response on reeee about the spoilers is nothing less than brilliant:

He is insufferable. Was trying to downplay the 7900XTX yesterday by saying Epic is forcing devs to use RT in all UE5 games. Completely forgetting that the original PS5 demo was not using any RT, and the Matrix demo could also run on Software Lumens. Something he himself tested.

Also said the PS5 is running the game at sub 1080p even though his own counts were 1440p-1620p with very rare drops to sub 1080p. But hey, cant let an oppurtunity to trash consoles slip by, right?

TrueLegend

This is too much dude, you need a breather.

The suggestion of physical harm to someone for “spoiling” your new favourite thing is quite scary, and should be a red flag for self reflection.

You’ll be ok, I guess you didn’t follow the “media blackout” guide closely enough.
J jaysius You need clinical help. I am serious. First READ....YOU REALLY REALLY should read...because its litearlly an Internet forum. I have literally written I am too tired to rage so I made this thread.....You seem like a guy who is new to internet , we are not raising our fist in real life here. And If you had played God of War games you will know what Rage of Sparta means. Now the reason I said you need clinical help is because where the fuck I am talking about physical harm to him...thats a fucked up interpretation of my post.

GymWolf

He is insufferable. Was trying to downplay the 7900XTX yesterday by saying Epic is forcing devs to use RT in all UE5 games. Completely forgetting that the original PS5 demo was not using any RT, and the Matrix demo could also run on Software Lumens. Something he himself tested.

Also said the PS5 is running the game at sub 1080p even though his own counts were 1440p-1620p with very rare drops to sub 1080p. But hey, cant let an oppurtunity to trash consoles slip by, right?
About the lumen stuff, any chance of nvidia card performing much better because in the end lumen is a form of rtx and nvidia card are just more capable rtx wise??

It is one of the few things that slow me down from picking up a 7900xtx.

jaysius

Banned
The "spoiler free" thing has gone too far with this game. The reviews are basically "can't say shit about the game but it's awesome". For the other 99% of games they don't care about showing some bosses or environments, it's a little disrespectful.
Yup, the real truth is this is just another game, so many reviews spoil moments of games.

It’s 2022 if you can’t stay away from media long enough not to “spoil” a prod for yourself that’s a YOU problem not THEM.

The fuck. Absolutely messed up stuff brothers. Today I watched the DF tech review of GOW:R and Rage of Sparta is playing in my mind, I feel like executing some brutality on John from DF. I had to watch the video three times to see the Spoiler Warning. For people making video on technical aspect of video these dumbfucks know nothing about visual cue or coloring. You show spoiler warning in beg red letter you dumbfuck with fucking audio cue. And on top of it he had no fucking need of showing those scenes, he absolutely didn't point out any technicality especially in those heavy spoiler scene. They were just playing out. I was a bit in numb state coming after work and the fuck did I just witness. Every cunt youtuber is showing spoiler for views and I know that there are spoiler protecting filters but than there are channels like Skillup which straight up start rolling spoiler in unrelated video to make a point. What is up with these fuckers. Fuck these fuckers. Yes I made this thread to vent out as I am too tired to rage.
You desparately need anger management counselling if you're getting so worked up about a game. Jesus wept.

MiguelItUp

Puscifer Puscifer MiguelItUp MiguelItUp
Where did I say he SkillUP spoiled it in his review....I said he spoils shit in unrelated videos.
I basically watch all of his videos, so I disagree, but that's neither here nor there. I didn't say you did, it was an example of me saying that I didn't feel spoiled throughout an entire video review, but I'm sure there are folks out there that will feel otherwise.

If you're someone like that, skip anything related to a game you're looking forward to. It's not like content creators are purposely and randomly sliding spoilers into their content just to be dicks.

Last edited:

Kikorin

Some spoilers here and there for a 20/30hrs game are not a big deal IMHO, try to drink a lot or smoke something good and hope your brain will delete them all.

TrueLegend

Why are you looking for videos of GOW if you are this triggered by spoilers? It's asking for trouble.
I am subscribed to DF, this stuff comes in feed. They didnt spoil any story point of Forbidden West. They talked about technical messup...I wanted to know how the game runs. What's wrong with that...I am not complaining about creatures and environments he is showing because those were in original trailer but even showing people is fine....but fucking full on conversation is just tough thing to defend for even people playing devil's advocate here. They fucked up...and I fucked up too. The thread title say TIFU and yet you are reminding me of the same thing then how the fuck I am wrong about doing the same with DF going by your view.

Lasha

I am subscribed to DF, this stuff comes in feed. They didnt spoil any story point of Forbidden West. They talked about technical messup...I wanted to know how the game runs. What's wrong with that...I am not complaining about creatures and environments he is showing because those were in original trailer but even showing people is fine....but fucking full on conversation is just tough thing to defend for even people playing devil's advocate here. They fucked up...and I fucked up too. The thread title say TIFU and yet you are reminding me of the same thing then how the fuck I am wrong about doing the same with DF going by your view.

Why do you care how it runs? Youre going to buy the game regardless since you seem to be heavily invested in the franchise. Just disconnect for a bit next time.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
About the lumen stuff, any chance of nvidia card performing much better because in the end lumen is a form of rtx and nvidia card are just more capable rtx wise??

It is one of the few things that slow me down from picking up a 7900xtx.
Lumens RT doesnt benefit Nvidia GPUs like other RT implementations do. no idea why.

jaysius

Banned
What the hell is the point of posting spoilers in a technical analysis? That's the dumbest thing ever.
For a true technical analysis you need to be unfettered by story points.

A technical breakdown needs to access the game as a technical thing, not as something with a story in the way.

Three

For a true technical analysis you need to be unfettered by story points.

A technical breakdown needs to access the game as a technical thing, not as something with a story in the way.
Sure if you use some footage to show some technical detail. Like say a framerate drop, some effect, or something but just showing spoilers for no reason? Why?

Top Bottom