• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thor 3: Ragnarok Review Thread

?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bladelaw

Fun Fact, I'm birthday buddies with Tessa Thompson!

I can't wait to see this. I only get to go the movies ~2 times a year and I save it for big loud fun movies.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but is there a UK equivalent to Fandango/Flixster etc? I'm going to be in London next week and want to catch Thor but I can't find a good theater repository (movietickets.co.uk isn't great). Hoping for a Friday night showing in the area around the British Museum. Alternatively, can someone recommend a great theater over there? No 3D. Do you guys have Dolby Cinema or 2D IMAX? Totally at a loss here!

I liked Winter Soldier (apart from dumb CGI finale)

Still don't get why people say this...most of the cg action (helicarriers destroying each other) happened in the background of the main conflicts -Steve vs Bucky and Widow/Fury confronting Pearce. The helicarriers crashing into the Potomac was the aftermath.

It's still one of the best, most emotional climaxes in the MCU.

"I'm with you...till the end of the line."

Movie is perfect from start to finish.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
It even has a good soundtrack! A Marvel movie! With a good Soundtrack!
Plenty of Marvel movies have great soundtracks, so I take it you are confusing with them being used terribly in the movies themselves and not the actual quality of it.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Meh. All this talk about how hilariously funny, joke fueled, straight up comedy it is dampens my excitement a great deal

When that movie does well I'm walking in the thread like this
tumblr_orb7iezWku1rtels1o3_540.gif

Haha my man, I'll be alongside you.

As for Thor, well that's based godamn Taika Waititi for you, what we do in the shadows was a fantastic comedy, so when he took the reins of Thor I knew he'd made a great comedy/action/superhero film. So glad it delivered.

Neoxon

Fun Fact, I'm birthday buddies with Tessa Thompson!

I can't wait to see this. I only get to go the movies ~2 times a year and I save it for big loud fun movies.
Funny you should mention that, my birthday is on the same day as Zoe Saldana's (and yes, I have Gamora in one of my MvCI teams).

Metalmarc

100% on the Tomato, for People who care for that sort of thing, I don't (I like some of the movies that are rated low on there)

Alienfan

I'm glad to hear it leans completely in the direction of comedy rather than drama, I don't think trying balancing the two tones worked at all for Guardians 2.

Litan

Critic Consensus: Exciting, funny, and above all fun, Thor: Ragnarok is a colorful cosmic adventure that sets a new standard for its franchise -- and the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

7Th

Heh, the rotten review had actually been there all along. It's Variety's, it used to be listed as fresh.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
It's really hard to make a good 100% serious superhero film because most superhero plots are inherently ridiculous.

Indeed, but striking a balance is definitely feasible. Plus, i dont like how the MCU treated Thor, like, at all

CloudWolf

People are disappointed this is a straight up comedy? You should be happy, Taika is a master of comedy.

Also, it's pretty much the only reason I'm interested in this. Thor is by far the least interesting main character in the MCU, but Taika's style of comedy is just the greatest.

zsynqx

People are disappointed this is a straight up comedy? You should be happy, Taika is a master of comedy.

Also, it's pretty much the only reason I'm interested in this. Thor is by far the least interesting main character in the MCU, but Taika's style of comedy is just the greatest.
Exactly how I feel. I'm only excited for this because Taika's involved.

Toa TAK

Banned

Pretty sure they were selling it as a buddy-cop movie from the get-go. So this is delivering on that. Which makes sense:

'Cause it's a comedy.

I'll definitely watch this in cinema, but I'm a bit disappointed that the humour seems to be so prevelant considering it's a movie about Ragnarok. I think The Winter Soldier hit the nail on the head when it came to balancing humour and seriousness (Spider-Man was pretty good at it too. Really good actually).

Waititi had his own interpretation of Ragnarok while making this film:

A lot of people want to see Ragnarok and know what it means; but, to me, Ragnarok means stripping down the establishment and then building it up in a new way. ‘Ragnarok’ is what we’re doing to the character and to the franchise and to the story.

http://collider.com/thor-ragnarok-taika-waititi-interview/#planet-hulk

Top Bottom