• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week’s celebrity cancellation: Letitia Wright (Shuri in Black Panther)

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Oh, the articles are six years old. That must mean that they are untrue. Despite the fact that it was all heavily reported.....

Fuck off. Your agenda is showing :messenger_grinning_squinting:

My agenda is to show people like you that you can’t just spit out stuff you see in the media as the truth, without having to make any effort to look beyond a headline or a social media post for the actual facts.

YOU are the problem here, chap.

GeorgPrime

Banned
le99KGv.jpg

So Letitia Wright shared this video:

And the cancellation has begun:

Some are also trying to cancel Don Cheadle for defending her.

Twitter is the modern era of Witch Hunting or?

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I've been vaccinated ... The childhood ones and flu and pneumonia vaccines... But just like my electronics purchases (or leasing)... I'll wait till all the bugs are stamped out first before I commit to a COVID vaccine. And yes... I'm wary of anything that got approved in less than a year.

Edit: I get that Ms. Wright is concerned. People taking that dude's views as her views are absolutely mental.

Last edited:

sol_bad

The Pandemrix vaccine in 2009 against H1N1 cause widespread narcolepsy and some cases of brain damage.

Sixty victims (Mostly children and hospital workers) were recently given £60 million in compansation from the UK government.

I think it was 0.005% of people that had the narcolepsy. Any American shouldn't care about those small numbers as they don't care about 3000 deaths a day from Covid.

Anyway, I watched the majority of the video and it's all about conspiracy government control crap, waste of time.
I don't hate you though Letitia, you can have your opinion.

Cravis

Why do people take Twitter tards seriously?

Going to Twitter to get an honest opinion is like going to the Special Olympics to get advice on how to unclog your toilet. Sure you’ll get a lot of responses but at the end of the day it’ll still be clogged and you’ll just be covered in shit.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
a look at the fucked up peanut gallery. i think Twitter has to be 50% Chinese bots and 50% trans narccissists.

"The block button is my religion" lol wow, you can't handle opinions GOOD FOR YOU

0m5fdtE.jpg

DIZC7ph.jpg

hebtIQP.jpg

Last edited:

INC

Whats pansexual?

Cant we go back to more simpler times, gay, straight, bisexual, transgender (actually having the operation and being that gender for real), and I guess transvestites.

I get all of those, they make sense, but I don't get pan, binary, is there more?

Drake

I've been vaccinated ... The childhood ones and flu and pneumonia vaccines... But just like my electronics purchases (or leasing)... I'll wait till all the bugs are stamped out first before I commit to a COVID vaccine. And yes... I'm wary of anything that got approved in less than a year.

Edit: I get that Ms. Wright is concerned. People taking that dude's views as her views are absolutely mental.

Apparently this is a controversial stance and if you are wary of taking a rushed vaccine you are now anit-vaxx.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
black people have cause to be worried especially. if you don't know the history of the Tuskegee study

In 1932, the Public Health Service, working with the Tuskegee Institute, began a study to record the natural history of syphilis in hopes of justifying treatment programs for blacks. It was called the “Tuskegee Study of Untreated Syphilis in the Negro Male.”

The study initially involved 600 black men – 399 with syphilis, 201 who did not have the disease. The study was conducted without the benefit of patients’ informed consent. Researchers told the men they were being treated for “bad blood,” a local term used to describe several ailments, including syphilis, anemia, and fatigue. In truth, they did not receive the proper treatment needed to cure their illness. In exchange for taking part in the study, the men received free medical exams, free meals, and burial insurance. Although originally projected to last 6 months, the study actually went on for 40 years.

but im sure none of the SJWs screaming at this concerned black woman have any interest in real history or how it impacts the POCs they supposedly care so much for. they just want to scream at people and feel superior about it.

Last edited:

poodaddy

black people have cause to be worried especially. if you don't know the history of the Tuskegee study

In 1932, the Public Health Service, working with the Tuskegee Institute, began a study to record the natural history of syphilis in hopes of justifying treatment programs for blacks. It was called the “Tuskegee Study of Untreated Syphilis in the Negro Male.”

The study initially involved 600 black men – 399 with syphilis, 201 who did not have the disease. The study was conducted without the benefit of patients’ informed consent. Researchers told the men they were being treated for “bad blood,” a local term used to describe several ailments, including syphilis, anemia, and fatigue. In truth, they did not receive the proper treatment needed to cure their illness. In exchange for taking part in the study, the men received free medical exams, free meals, and burial insurance. Although originally projected to last 6 months, the study actually went on for 40 years.

but im sure none of the SJWs screaming at this concerned black woman have any interest in real history or how it impacts the POCs they supposedly care so much for. they just want to scream at people and feel superior about it.
This needs to be said like 899 more times publicly. I don't know how anyone could hold suspicion of medical professionals and their research against black people, they have every right to that suspicion as history has shown a predisposition towards viewing black people as "acceptable losses" as a somewhat common viewpoint of medical experimentation. I'm not saying that medical experimentation is like that now, but there's certainly a precedent, and people acting a like a black person being wary of anyone who's telling them what they need to do with their bodies isn't, at least on some level, warranted and understandable need a history lesson.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
le99KGv.jpg

So Letitia Wright shared this video:

And the cancellation has begun:

Some are also trying to cancel Don Cheadle for defending her.

Now people should know why cable TV has been trending down for years. Why pay your cable company monthly fees for tv channels you don't even watch when you can read hilarious free tweets all day.

HarryKS

What's anti-vaxx about not wanting a 'vaccine' that's based on gene therapy rather than deactivated virus strands?

There'll be multiple versions of it. Moderna's and Pfizer's are entirely new tech.

Whats pansexual?
Pansexual means you are open to attraction and relationships with anyone regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.

For example, a lesbian might only be attracted or pursue relationships with people who identify and/or present as women, whereas a pansexual person might be attracted to someone who identifies as a woman but doesn't present that way. And anything across all spectrums.

INC

Pansexual means you are open to attraction and relationships with anyone regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.

For example, a lesbian might only be attracted or pursue relationships with people who identify and/or present as women, whereas a pansexual person might be attracted to someone who identifies as a woman but doesn't present that way. And anything across all spectrums.

So they like men and women, so bi-sexual when u boil it down (in my mind anyway)

So they like men and women, so bi-sexual when u boil it down (in my mind anyway)
Basically means "open to whatever." Doesn't matter your orientation or gender or if you identify as non-binary or how you dress or what parts you have or don't have.

INC

Basically means "open to whatever." Doesn't matter your orientation or gender or if you identify as non-binary or how you dress or what parts you have or don't have.

But its either male sexy parts, or lady sexy parts, so technically bi-sexual, really (not trying to be dick about it, just find it hard to wrap my head around, just my ignorance I guess)

But its either male sexy parts, or lady sexy parts, so technically bi-sexual, really (not trying to be dick about it, just find it hard to wrap my head around, just my ignorance I guess)
Depending on how you view sex and gender it might be kind of hard to explain or understand. But I don't think that most people would agree with the idea that attraction is based purely on what genitals someone has.

Assume you were a straight guy and you saw someone who was very attractive to you who looked, sounded, dressed, and acted like a woman. You are attracted to them. When you find out they have a penis you might not be attracted to them anymore, but you were at one point. A straight or even bi person might react and say "Nevermind!" but generally speaking a pansexual person would still be game for that.

(This is getting a bit off-topic and I'm not really an expert anyway so I'll leave it there!)

INC

Depending on how you view sex and gender it might be kind of hard to explain or understand. But I don't think that most people would agree with the idea that attraction is based purely on what genitals someone has.

Assume you were a straight guy and you saw someone who was very attractive to you who looked, sounded, dressed, and acted like a woman. You are attracted to them. When you find out they have a penis you might not be attracted to them anymore, but you were at one point. A straight or even bi person might react and say "Nevermind!" but generally speaking a pansexual person would still be game for that.

(This is getting a bit off-topic and I'm not really an expert anyway so I'll leave it there!)

Nah was a decent attempt, its a small amount of enlightenment, I just think its all just a little unnecessary, just be with who you want, and get on with it

If you still have twitter and you converse with these psychos on a daily basis eventually they’re going to eat you too. They live for this because they live for nothing outside of it.

MilkLizard

Wait, they’re actually censoring the man’s name now after using him as a scapegoat for everything in the last 4 years?
What happens if you don’t do this? You make a list? Your friends cancel you by association?

So people who muted the word Trump on the Twitter, like me, still get to read trash like this.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Having an opinion isn’t the issue it’s her celebrity platform and going against the grain instead of supporting the vaccine.

W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
There's been a ton of celebrities and politicians who have come out and said that they will not just get the vaccine, but will take the vaccine live on camera.

I'm wondering how many of them will end up having some sort of adverse reaction?

Normal drugs/vaccines take several years to be approved by the FDA and even then, some slip through with terrible side effects (thalidomide for instance). I don't think it's wrong or controversial to question the science behind the COVID vaccine, or to wait before getting it.

Personally, I'll do everything possible to avoid getting the vaccine.

There's been a ton of celebrities and politicians who have come out and said that they will not just get the vaccine, but will take the vaccine live on camera.

I'm wondering how many of them will end up having some sort of adverse reaction?

Normal drugs/vaccines take several years to be approved by the FDA and even then, some slip through with terrible side effects (thalidomide for instance). I don't think it's wrong or controversial to question the science behind the COVID vaccine, or to wait before getting it.

Personally, I'll do everything possible to avoid getting the vaccine.
Celebs and ex-presidents are getting saline in a comically large syringe that says "COVID-19 CURE" on the side in huge letters.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Makes me think of this gem from 2017

I remember folks trying to "cancel" them for that article. It was thought provoking to me and made me look at my behaviors ... But the way some people went after them was... How do you say ... Unhinged... Like a lot of these SJWs.

Top Bottom