• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cancelled Judge Dredd Beat em Up arcade prototype; it should have released!

VGEsoterica

Judge Dredd has always been an awesome property and universe...even when Sylvester Stallone was running around doing his own Dredd thing.

And sure we've gotten some Judge Dredd video games but sadly they've ranged in quality from "meh' to ..."kinda ok I guess if I squint hard and maybe have some drinks"

But Judge Dredd from Midway? Was probably the one game that had the most potential of all the Dredd games...and it's the one game that was cancelled and never saw release. Which sucks because the artwork, world building and overall vibes of the game were spot on weird...just like Judge Dredd itself.

Sadly Midway lost confidence in the game and I'd say it feels maybe 65% done at this point. But Goro exists it the Judge Dredd universe as a pet you can see being walked on a leash...so Mortal Kombat / Judge Dredd shared universe confirmed? lolol

But GAF....what game cancellations hit you the hardest?

VGEsoterica

wtITJqg.png

couldn't mention pet Goro and not deliver on it

Wait hold up, this is a Judge Dredd game, and it was unreleased? As soon as I saw it it looked familiar - someone actually made a custom MUGEN stage background using the first level, the one with the walking Goro, and it is one of the random stages that rotates on Salty Bet on Twitch. I think one of the other levels was made into a stage too.

That is a pretty damn deep cut to use as a fighting game stage.

VGEsoterica

Wait hold up, this is a Judge Dredd game, and it was unreleased? As soon as I saw it it looked familiar - someone actually made a custom MUGEN stage background using the first level, the one with the walking Goro, and it is one of the random stages that rotates on Salty Bet on Twitch. I think one of the other levels was made into a stage too.

That is a pretty damn deep cut to use as a fighting game stage.
Yes and yes :)

Looks pretty bad both in mechanics and graphics. Though a shooter/brawler that actually looks like the comics my by a dev team that understands brawlers like SoR 4 or the new TMNT game would be awesome.

Last edited:

VGEsoterica

Looks pretty bad both in mechanics and graphics. Though a shooter/brawler that actually looks like the comics my by a dev team that understands brawlers like SoR 4 or the TMNT game would be awesome.
It had promise and I’m bummed it didn’t see completion

Top Bottom