• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "undecided" column.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dilbert

A couple of quick questions about politics for the Americans on the board...and I should preface this by saying that I'm not really looking for speeches from those who HAVE made up their minds. I get the impression that the number of people who are TRULY undecided in this election is fairly small, and I'm trying to gather some data to confirm or deny that suspicion.

1) Have you already made up your mind about who you will vote for in the upcoming election? (By "made up your mind," I mean that you have made your choice, and virtually nothing will convince you to change that choice between now and the election. Obviously if it comes out that one of them is a rapist or space alien or something, that would make a difference...but assume that all the information which gets revealed is "normal" political fodder.) If so, when did you know that you would vote this way?

If you are undecided, answer the following as well:

2) Do you have an inclination towards a particular candidate, and if so, who?

3) What are the top three issues which will help you make your decision?

Thanks....

Dilbert

To start:

1) I decided to vote for whoever the Democratic nominee was going to be shortly after 9/11, although I was angry at Bush ever since his election in 2000 under highly shady circumstances.

SKluck

Banned
I'm primarily focused on how each candidate will finish up the war. Not to say I want us to get out, but what is the best way to go about it at this point? Bush will complete the mission, establish the county(ies), and then leave. Kerry seems like he will yank 90% of the troops in his first year.

I think Kerry is a bit of a major douche. Bush is dim, but I don't hate him for that. Bush does things his way, Kerry seems more like a tool.

Hopefully McCain will run in 2008.

White Man

1. Kerry, for the exact same reasons you stated. I think he's pretty lukewarm, even at his best. I'm still registered in one of the Big Important Swing States and I know I'd feel guilty as sin if I I were responsible for Bush being in office another 4 years.

1. Kerry. I've been a member of the Democratic party since I was 18, but that wouldn't stop me from actually listening to what a Republican (such as McCain) has to say. My problem is with the entire Bush administration, I feel they should all lose their jobs due to the mess they've created.

Matlock

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
Kerry, cause we need a change. Any change is good, as long as its different from crap.

...and there's the main reasoning I have, although I wanted to have someone else say it instead. Kind of makes you sound wishy washy, even though it's true.

But, like a great man said...

owen03.jpg

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE

IJoel

I don't particularly care much for Kerry (though I don't doubt his ability to lead), however I'm voting for the lesser of the two evils, and certainly my vote's going to Kerry. That said, just the fact that the President himself is pushing for putting discrimination in the constitution is reason enough for me to vote for someone else.

Other factors, like the way Bush has handled the economy, the war in Iraq, and the way he's screwing the middle class are also big factors that help reaffirm my position.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
2) Do you have an inclination towards a particular candidate, and if so, who?

3) What are the top three issues which will help you make your decision?

2) I suppose I'm leaning towards Bush, but in all honesty I don't want to.That doesn't mean I'm a shoe-in for Bush, however, since I'm not a fan of either of the candidates. I'm a Republican, but due to the state of global terrorism, being a Republican doesn't justify a vote for the Republican nominee this year. I think my vote has to go towards whoever will make the world a safer place in the long run. I want the next 4 years to be much safer than the last four.

3) War on Terror and the War in Iraq. As the most powerful country in the world, America is the only country that can truly start the end of global terrorism, and whichever candidate is going to take global terrorism more seriously will probably be my choice. That said, I'm also very concerned about national security. It seems that Bush has this area handled pretty well as of late, but I still doubt his ability to lead. So far Iraq hasn't been a very clean war (but then again what war is?) and I'm not sure he has it all figured out yet.

I'll tell you one thing, the debates will certainly sway my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom