• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE ULTIMATE POLL!! What do you think of the name "XBox Series X"?

What do you think of the name Xbox Series X?

• The Good

• The Bad

• The Ugly

• Indifference

Results are only viewable after voting.

TacosNSalsa

Everyone: Where's the poll?

OP:
IZXECur.gif

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
poor guy :(
I'm gonna call it the XSEX but not cuz I think the name is dumb. It's cuz I wanna make fun of any Xbox. The name's fine.
XSEX, the perfect companion for Xbone.

Birdo

Banned
On it's own it seems odd. But I think there are going to be other Series boxes (Like the streaming or lower power one).

The name of a system holds absolutely no weight in my enjoyment of said games on it. Name that thang PoopDickMcgee XTREME and as long as I get enjoyable memories from it then its all good.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Indifferent, i don't play with a console name but with his games.

But to be fair, it's pretty stupid, but after x360 and xbox one nobody was hoping for a good name i think...

Last edited:

Paperboy

They put so much money and effort in to developing a gaming console and then they ruin it all by giving it a confusing name like Xbox Series X, Wii U or Xbox One.

HE1NZ

Banned
Doesn't it come as 3 different devices? And Series X is just the moniker for all of them?

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Well if it turns out to be xbox one / s / x /their new console and PC

It would prolly be the best name they can give it.
Microsofts power is in numbers.

The more people own an X based game. The more they can sell it. And modern software titles can be scaled so easily it seems these days.
Doom 2016 & witcher 3 on a 6 watt console from nintendo. We need to start thinking outside of boxes i guess.

All in for the name 👌

magnumpy

maybe they will give multiple different "consoles" different names... like Series X will be one, and then there's some other name for their cloud streaming device, and another for a cut down 1080p(?) version for their discount home console version, etc...

nikolino840

Indefference becouse i don't care so much about the name
Is an Xbox thats enough for me to buy

As i said.. the name series Is to consolidate the fact that Is not the last console but the First series of the new Xbox consoles in the future

They have even delete the "One" in the name

PocoJoe

Banned
Earlier today i sent pic of xboxsex to my friend whom is hardcore gamer with text "lol this is new xbox series x" and talked about how it looks.

"What the heck is that thing anyway?" -him

So if oldschool gamer hobbyist cant instantly see that it is next gen xbox, how casuals do?

Kind of failed name.

Anybody would understand "new ps5"

The name is dumb as hell and it looks like fuck all. But if it beasts then neither of those things matter. If it's good, I'll get one but it'll have to give me enough of a differentiation between it and a gaming PC for me to bite. I have gamepass and it's made my xbone obsolete.

Leonidas

In the end it's just a name. It's Xbox X to me.

Do people go around calling the Xbox Elite 2 Controller by it's full name of Microsoft Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2?

Grinchy

Banned
Earlier today i sent pic of xboxsex to my friend whom is hardcore gamer with text "lol this is new xbox series x" and talked about how it looks.

"What the heck is that thing anyway?" -him

So if oldschool gamer hobbyist cant instantly see that it is next gen xbox, how casuals do?

Kind of failed name.

Anybody would understand "new ps5"

Hell, you don't even have to say new. If you say PS5, everyone with even a shred of a clue about gaming knows it's a brand new, next-gen console.

SNG32

The name is absolute trash. I would have been happy with Xbox two or Xbox 5. It's going to be interesting seeing the name at the bottom of multiplatform game announcements.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i think it's good. it sounds like a luxury product. it sounds like when you get a car, the models have X, or XL, or S.

however it is a little confusing. it sounds like a suped up version of the X Box

then again given that it will have backwards compatibility, maybe that is fine.

Top Bottom