• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre |OT| ....the birthplace of Bela Lugosi

Game is a stutterfest on PC when a killer is nearby or hit you. Gonna try the xbox version tomorrow to see if its the same shit...
Watching stream of a guy playing on PC. Seems smooth framerate wise, but with some bugs.
idk what his rig is though. He did mentioned he played a bunch of the beta so he could've tweaked his settings.

dem

Watching stream of a guy playing on PC. Seems smooth framerate wise, but with some bugs.
idk what his rig is though. He did mentioned he played a bunch of the beta so he could've tweaked his settings.

From what I've seen.. Xbox looked like a stutterfest in videos

maybe that was the 4k mode?

Luipadre

Stutter happens regardless of your pc spec. I have a fairly good PC and the stutter is annoying when you get hit

Last edited:

Danknugz

just duped 3 dumbasses who collectively couldn't find me when i was the last one left with grandpa level 4 shits too easy

Played some more matches and won my first one, last victim standing achievement as well; I'm starting to get the hang of it and while I still feel it can get lopsided very quickly, it does feel good when you manage to dupe the family successfully.

Only playdles victim so far and I don't think I'll play anything else until I fully understand what I'm doing and escape consistently.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
So far, I've found it boring, annoying, and pointless. The maps are incomprehensible. I'll press on because I liked Friday the 13th quite a bit, but this is annoying the shit out of me and... isn't fun.

dem

Well… I almost escaped… once..

Escaping the basement takes forever. Can’t figure out where I’m going.

Last edited:

havoc00

Ive been playing mainly the family, got to be leatherface like 5 times, having fun so far. Def feels like a mix of f13 and dbd.

PrimeX

Actually Bela Lugosi was born in Lugoj, Transilvania, România. He took his stage name Lugosi from the town he was born in.
Just fun facts, nothing to do with the OT 😁

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Not really sure I understand how to play this game. Like yeah I understand the concepts but I’ve played a few matches and it all seems so chaotic and random.

Is there truly effective ways that people regularly work together in these types of games?

kunonabi

Not really sure I understand how to play this game. Like yeah I understand the concepts but I’ve played a few matches and it all seems so chaotic and random.

Is there truly effective ways that people regularly work together in these types of games?
So far teamwork seems like mostly a killer sided thing. Victims don't have much synergy and options to assist each other outside of some perks, especially if you aren't voice chatting.

Stratostar

Played a few matches tonight. Nice presentation, very faithful to the classic film which I rewatched last week in anticipation. No noticeable stutters or lag in PS5 performance mode. I have no idea what I'm doing or what any of the abilities do but it's not unfun. Does seem like a very grindy game though.

Luipadre

Finally fixed the stuttering. Going with high setting instead of ultra gets rid of the awful stuttering. Game is fun

Laieon

Played it for a couple hours this morning on Xbox and didn't run into any issues.

Initial thoughts:

Probably just because it's early, but I'm finding it so much easier to escape the family in this than it was to escape Jason in FT13th. Out of 5 or 6 matches, I escaped about half the time, and one of the times I didn't I was right by the exit before getting caught in a trap.

The kills aren't as fun as in FT13th. Jason, despite being just 1 guy, is seemingly a lot more creative than the cannibal family.

Last edited:

Danknugz

xbox and pc title have separate achievement lists and when i went o install on of after playing xbox one last night all the above bets o already got automatically unlocked on the pc side

Danknugz

Im always so lost in the basement. I can not figure it out lol
i keep gettin g lost in this one basement where there's an outer loop that just goes around and all i ever find is the fuse exit. i do t u set stand why anyone would bother with the fuses because you need 4, they're hidden around the map and you can only carry two items at once.

the valve exits are also super annoying because the place where you attach the valve head is always hidden way across the map from the pressure exit

Last edited:

Luipadre

I know its on game pass but still an awesome start

F36LCF3XoAAkqvO

Played some more and now I can pretty much escape consistently, for now the back entrance escape is the easiest in the slaughterhouse, because nobody is guarding it; you can almost just make beeline to it if you managed to get out of the basement without being chased, I'm sure this will start changing once family players realise this.
The other exits are a bit more difficult, but more tactically sound since they require going back into the basement, most family will keep searching topside for most of the time; if you are in a part with communication, you can really juke the family around by making sound somewhere else, having the others wait near the fuse exit, and then open that door so they can escape, when the door opens most family will make a beeline for it, so the one who opened the door is free to move to a different door topside.

I've also noticed how I keep getting the slaughterhouse day map, I've only played the house twice (night and day) and the gas station zero times; I wonder if this is on purpose, so you can actually learn maps (I'm pretty good at navigating the slaughterhouse now), or if it's just a bug..

Anyway my favourite victim is Ana, since she's very tanky and if you dump all her points in stealth, she can move around the map super quick; definitely don't forget to put your points in stealth/proficiency, those seem to be the best overall two stats for escaping, I feel the other stats are best for people in parties that can communicate to actually stun family members.

for sure, needs more maps. another thing i noticed is the random item placement, which seems like a poor man's substitute for just more maps.
There's 3 maps though, I think with a day/night variant of each, but for some reason (as mentioned above), the others don't show up as often, for me at least.

kunonabi

Lol, had a match with the worst teammates. Thankfully the family was even worse. We got the fuse in super fast but my teammates all decided to hang around the fuse box taking turns trying to figure out the puzzle for like 5 minutes. Eventually they all bailed due to frustration or getting chased off so I did the puzzle once the coast was clear and we all managed to get out. The family ran past us like three times before they caught on that we were right there.

Laieon

I've also noticed how I keep getting the slaughterhouse day map, I've only played the house twice (night and day) and the gas station zero times; I wonder if this is on purpose, so you can actually learn maps (I'm pretty good at navigating the slaughterhouse now), or if it's just a bug..

I've also noticed that I keep getting slaughterhouse and someone on Reddit is saying they're rarely seeing the Family House map, so I wonder if there is something going on on the back end with map selection right now.

It’s just so satisfying knocking family members on their ass with the big former wrestling dude. Still haven’t perfected the back stab yet but plenty of time for that. The Cook chases one of the girls and I just run right for him and BOOM! 💪🏻😎
It’s definitely tougher when the 3 Family Killers are in a party with Mics.
Anyone find the best leveled up perk to use for Survivors?

kunonabi

It’s just so satisfying knocking family members on their ass with the big former wrestling dude. Still haven’t perfected the back stab yet but plenty of time for that. The Cook chases one of the girls and I just run right for him and BOOM! 💪🏻😎
It’s definitely tougher when the 3 Family Killers are in a party with Mics.
Anyone find the best leveled up perk to use for Survivors?
I'm really liking one stealth perk that let's you ignore grandpa's sonar 5 times at level 3.

EDIT: Nevermind it doesn't work on max level grandpa so it's mostly useless.

Last edited:

Salz01

The game is growing on me. It feels like a game were you just have memorize all the paths, items. I fucking hate getting chased by Sissy though. She seems btoken. She can chase forever and follow you between anything.

The family ran past us like three times before they caught on that we were right there.
It's genuinely hard to see victims sometimes though, I had one that was standing right in from of me in shadows, but I didn't see him at all until I moved out of the light and in the shade myself; also Ana has that outfit with the green top, that plus her tan skin allows her to blend pretty great in the shrubs.

Danknugz

Played some more and now I can pretty much escape consistently, for now the back entrance escape is the easiest in the slaughterhouse, because nobody is guarding it; you can almost just make beeline to it if you managed to get out of the basement without being chased, I'm sure this will start changing once family players realise this.
The other exits are a bit more difficult, but more tactically sound since they require going back into the basement, most family will keep searching topside for most of the time; if you are in a part with communication, you can really juke the family around by making sound somewhere else, having the others wait near the fuse exit, and then open that door so they can escape, when the door opens most family will make a beeline for it, so the one who opened the door is free to move to a different door topside.

Anyway my favourite victim is Ana, since she's very tanky and if you dump all her points in stealth, she can move around the map super quick; definitely don't forget to put your points in stealth/proficiency, those seem to be the best overall two stats for escaping, I feel the other stats are best for people in parties that can communicate to actually stun family members.

There's 3 maps though, I think with a day/night variant of each, but for some reason (as mentioned above), the others don't show up as often, for me at least.
there should be at least twice as many maps as that to be considered a full game i would think

Salz01

Sissy is pretty powerful for the family, if you see her on the team, better bring some bone scraps to attack grandpa, otherwise he'll get to level 5 really quickly.
Did not know you can attack grandpa. I assume it lowers the threat level? Sissy is op. Once she sees you you can’t really escape her. Also want to know their roadmap. Like how,they will support the game going forward.

Yeah sissy feels a bit too strong, not even for her chasing prowess (breaking line of sight ruins her pretty quick), but because her ability allows her to see you through walls if you aren't sneaking, and because of how quick she can level up grandpa; when sissy's on the team it really becomes a race to escape as fast as possible or attack grandpa whenever you can.

Here's an example of how effective hiding in shadows can be:

He checked the hiding place right next to me and still didn't spot me.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Here's an example of how effective hiding in shadows can be:

He checked the hiding place right next to me and still didn't spot me.

Yeah, it's amazing how often people can walk right past you or look straight at you and not notice. It's so well done and completely shuts down the argument that killers have to be in first person to give victims a chance.

i keep gettin g lost in this one basement where there's an outer loop that just goes around and all i ever find is the fuse exit. i do t u set stand why anyone would bother with the fuses because you need 4, they're hidden around the map and you can only carry two items at once.

the valve exits are also super annoying because the place where you attach the valve head is always hidden way across the map from the pressure exit
You only need one fuse. At least in all the maps I've played do far.
Loving it so far. They've nailed the presentation and atmosphere, soundtrack is amazing.

Luipadre

Yeah, it's amazing how often people can walk right past you or look straight at you and not notice. It's so well done and completely shuts down the argument that killers have to be in first person to give victims a chance.

yeah the game is so dark and the fov is so narrow that its really hard to spot players if they are hiding. I love how people saying "BLIND" if the killer runs past a victim but its really hard to see

Top Bottom