• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The story of the wife-swapping Yankees pitchers as told by comedians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

thXz19d.jpg

Direct link to mp3: http://traffic.libsyn.com/thedollop/Yankee_Pitcher_Switch.mp3

It's 34 minutes long and 23MB in size.

If you have never heard about this story and you have a half hour to kill then this is worth a listen. It's hysterical and interesting.

In the early 70's, Yankees pitchers Fritz Peterson and Mike Kekich swapped wives for a little fun and then eventually they swapped lives entirely.

It's a crazy, weird, funny, and sad story told by comedians Dave Anthony and Gareth Reynolds.

It also includes a bonus "John Terry is a monster" shout out.

About the podcast:
The Dollop is a weekly podcast hosted by Dave Anthony and Gareth Reynolds. Each week one topic from American history is discussed at length.

http://thedollop.libsyn.com

Goodstyle

I will watch based on the answer to this question and this question alone:

Do they have sex with each other's wives?

Robot Pants

That picture is so stupid and needlessly confusing.
Put the order of names OVER the person. It's set up so perfectly for it.

You know what?
Just because of that picture,
Fuck this thread.

params7

Banned
Swapped wives and then the couples stuck with their new partners? Looks like the original marriage had issues, lol. Interesting nonetheless.

Bodacious

Banned
I miss just about everything from the 70's except the fabrics. But the wife-swapping thing wasn't an isolated phenomenon. I had a good friend who lived on the same street as me when I was a kid whose parents did this with their church's pastor and his wife. They'd find babysitting arrangements for their kids, then take off for a weekend, meet and trade off, then each 'couple' would check in to their own hotel. Of course none of that was known until after it all came out. One morning my mom woke me up, just freaking out - my friend's mom had killed herself by sitting in her (running) car in the garage. Took one of the dogs with her too.

Sorry, probably not in the spirit of the thread.

Also, pretty sure it was Mike Kekich, not Mike Keith.

Sanjuro

The 50s sounded great at Yankee Stadium as well.

SsCPoFc.jpg

Going to have to queue this podcast up for the week! Thanks, OP.

lol that Mantle form fill-out. Funniest shit I've seen in weeks.

OT, so wife swapping was really a thing in the 70s? I'd hate to see how that fucks kids up adjusting to that situation. Will listen to later.

Desean101

Banned
Man Mike this what you get when you fuck another mans wife, you get your life destroyed cause she is happier being with the other guy than you, also Your sons likes this.

Christ fritz stole the other dudes life and feels literally no guilt from it. What a piece of shit. Its a hilarious story though, i also, like the guy whos is being told the story thought the "found god" was the worst part.

Apparently Damon and Affleck are trying to make a movie about this as well according to the internets.
Yea the podcast mentioned it. If they have a heart they shouldnt, poor mike got fucked over and people finally forgot more or less, dont bring it back into the limelight 😕

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom