• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Rock confirms (?) he's playing a DC Superhero (Shazam?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

I

BTW...who's a strong enough villain in DC that would be a fight for Supes, Shazam and Batman?

500px-Despero_003.jpg

Sabbac
Sabbac.jpg

Slayven

The genius is palpable.

Wow I know so little about DC heroes. Have no idear who these fellers are

Despero is an alien despot with super strenght and physic powers.

1175367-despero_takes_all.jpg

Sabbac is an evil shazam. While Shazam gets his powers from gods, Sabbac gets them from lords of hell

Satan, Aym, Belial, Beelzebub, Asmodeus, and Crateis

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
He doesnt say "superhero with the power of Superman".. he says "character." The first half of the answer is him and WB addressing his The Rock dna and fanboys potentially seeing him in only obvious roles.

Crazy guess. Hes going to be Darkseid.

Pop

He doesnt say "superhero with the power of Superman".. he says "character." The first half of the answer is him and WB addressing his The Rock dna and fanboys potentially seeing him in obvious roles.

Crazy guess. Hes going to be Darkseid.

At the end of the video, Dwayne said " just say the name". Sounds like Shazam to me.

I don't see him playing Adam because hes a baddie. DC is going to want Dwayne to be permanent in the DC universe. Also, he stated to expect more very soon on his role in the DC movies. So comic con is my guess.

Comic con going to be insane.

Kevin Smith reaffirming that the leaked dc movie schedule was real, I think there's good reason to believe rock is either Black Adam or Shazam, especially since the movie is scheduled for 2016, casting has to start soon.

Sounds horribly fucking boring. Just like MoS.

Shazam and Supes are very different characters, especially the most recent take. He's a bit more of a kid in his attitude and also brings magic to the table, which opens up a lot of interesting locations and characters for him to interact with (zatanna, constantine, dr. fate).

billy batson better not be an adult.

He'll probably be older like new 52, but not an adult yet. I think the writer for his new origin also penned the recent script. The actor that plays him will probably be in the 20's range like they usually do for teens.

Supehero vs Supervillain, presumably?

Or is Black Adam a good guy in some incarnations?

He's an anti hero that basically does what he wants. He leveled a country for hiding villains that killedhis country, but he isn't completely without compassion. He rarely teams up with other supervillains. Kind of a Neutral Evil type of character. Usually his interests are keeping his own country safe.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
At the end of the video, Dwayne said " just say the name". Sounds like Shazam to me.

I don't see him playing Adam because hes a baddie. DC is going to want Dwayne to be permanent in the DC universe. Also, he stated to expect more very soon on his role in the DC movies. So comic con is my guess.

Yea i just saw that "just say the word" lol

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Not super familiar with the DC line of comics but is Shazam that popular these days?

Not if DC has anything to say about it, he was at one point the most popular comicbook character there was outselling even superman.

Right now his name "captain marvel" has basically kept him sidelined for a long time and now he has a solo named Shazam. Either way he's a big part of the Justice League. All time he's a founding character of superhero comics though.

lupinko

Oh, man. LOL. It is so obvious. He would make an awesome Savage Dragon.

Yeah I don't know why Sony or other studios aren't knocking on Image's door. Some people may laugh at that story of Todd speaking out about it. But that shit is true, seriously Dragon and Erik Larsen need more respect.

Erik Larsen is awesome, got to meet him a few years back while he was eating a chicken club sandwich, also he is pretty much the dragon in real life, he just needs a green Mohawk, he's a big dude.

Slayven

Yeah I don't know why Sony or other studios aren't knocking on Image's door. Some people may laugh at that story of Todd speaking out about it. But that shit is true, seriously Dragon and Erik Larsen need more respect.

Erik Larsen is awesome, got to meet him a few years back while he was eating a chicken club sandwich, also he is pretty much the dragon in real life, he just needs a green Mohawk, he's a big dude.

Barbaric and Joey Finkleberry for life.

Tarr

Banned
I imagine this movie to have the last action hero vibe. With Billy be the kid, and Shazaam being Arnold but them being the same person.

jackdoe

What about Martian Manhunter? Pretty much an overpowered Superman from Mars (if you ignore his weakness to fire of course).

What about Martian Manhunter? Pretty much an overpowered Superman from Mars (if you ignore his weakness to fire of course).

I thought it was rumored he'd be in it already? I dont know if it had an avtor attached. Though they won't call him MM because its too comic booky or something.

I don't really care about Shazam, but at least DC is trying to expand their movie universe and getting a marketable guy to play the lead.

inky

What? They done goofed. It better be this guy.

Black_Adam_0003.jpg

Fucking fold-over boots are the worst thing to happen to super heroes. They are not "classic" guys, they are just a terrible remnant from people obsessed with pirates or something. Artists should get over them already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom