• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS5 accounts for 47% of all home consoles sold this year. This time last year, PS5 accounted for 31% of the market.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
High-selling product means better third-party support and better and bigger first-party games.

Of course customers, who spent hundreds of dollars buying into an ecosystem, should care about this stuff.

Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
High-selling product means better third-party support and better and bigger first-party games.

Of course customers, who spent hundreds of dollars buying into an ecosystem, should care about this stuff.
And people find numbers and stats interesting, just like they track them in sports.

Sports stats are meaningless to anyone but the players, scouts, teams themselves, but people sure love tracking them and debating them.

Can't complain about the games that's for sure.

But I respect those that buy other systems. As long as it isn't an ouya of course.

I'm not going to act like a retarded console warrior and say I don't understand why someone would buy an Xbox. Its obviously a platform that offers some nice hardware and while not my taste some pretty good software as well. I'm fine with not owning one but I understand why someone would. Different strokes for different folks no and i completely understand why someone would buy one.

Last edited:
Xbox haven't quite got the offering right in the UK. You have the S for, what, £250? Well next to the PS5 at £400, people will just assume it is the old one.

Then you have the X for £480 or so, which is way more than a PS5.

I am not sure if it is casual gamers (or parents) driving these figures, but that cannot help.

Maybe they could just call the Xbox Series X, "the Xbox" and drop the price to £400, then call the S comething like "Xbox basic", and at least people know what they are getting.

Even Nintendo are doing better here, as it is easy to see the difference between the lite, normal and OLED.

Top Bottom