• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The pandemic in the US is over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here in Florida things have been close to normal for a while now. My plans for the near future are attending the Food & Wine festival next Friday in Miami Beach. Then my cousin is getting married in July. Last but not least I want to get tickets to the Myriam Hernandez concert in October. I love that Chilean milf, plus her songs are awesome.

CloudNull

Banned
Ive been maskless and eating in restaurants since last october maybe september. Hell i was in vegas labor day weekend. Never got covid, yet i do take my zinc and vitamin d pills with calcium everyday. So maybe my magic pills saved me.
I have always been maskless outdoors but respected the local government mandates for indoor mask wearing. I live in the most liberal state and always got death glares for walking outside, with my dog, with no one else near me for 100 feet. Finally this shit can stop and my work will change their in office policies.

CloudNull

Banned
Ready for the US to become India 2 in about four weeks time.
Dick Wolf Doctor GIF by Wolf Entertainment

MastaKiiLA

Over? Uh...

However, life has improved for those who are vaccinated. They can get back to doing things they used to do, at least until the herd of unvaccinated people allow for mutations that beat the vaccines. Fingers crossed that never happens. That said, I'll keep wearing a mask when out. It's become the new normal for me.

lefty1117

Gold Member
Looking forward to going to some sporting events and movie theaters. As for the masks, well to me it was always a matter of getting an effective vaccine out to a large group of people, and now that it's done and the metrics are also showing it's effective against the new strains, to me that's what is needed for a lot of people to start feeling at ease about it. I won't lie that I do feel better that the actual experts are putting out this statement rather than some politician making a claim. Going forward, if you haven't been vaccinated and you choose not to, and don't wear a mask, that's OK because the risk is now fully on you. Your decisions won't have a potential impact on me, which was not the case before the vaccine.

Of course, we could get run over by a car the next time we step out of the house. Things happen.

I haven't had a cold in over 3 years.

I'm not getting your fucking experimental RNA vaccine. I wear a mask if the company requires it. If not, I dont. If I haven't contracted it by now then it's safe to assume I'm immune.

only the strong survive. Fuck the weak. I will step over your convulsing body.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Just a friendly PSA to encourage everyone to get a vaccine. You see, the last thing I want is for anyone to think I’m anti-vax because I am not.

I am happy to know that everyone around me that is most exposed to the worst of the COVID symptoms have all been vaccinated. Because, see, I’m not anti-vax and I would hate for anyone here to think that I was. I might end up catching a ban or something.

Furthermore, I want to encourage everyone who has not been vaccinated to consider being vaccinated and until you are, to please be honest with others that you aren’t.

For example, I was denied entrance into a business today for the first time in weeks because I didn’t have a mask on. And since I refuse to wear one, I could’ve lied and said I was vaccinated (I’m not) and told the owner that I didn’t need one.

But I refuse to lie. So, I told him politely, “Ray’s across town sells the same stuff and they don’t require a mask. I’ll just do all my business there from now on. Have a good day.”

Oh, in case you missed it: I fully support people being vaccinated and see nothing wrong with the COVID vaccinations.

Last edited:

TheContact

Misleading title. There’s still too many people who won’t get the vaccine. We aren’t at herd immunity; the pandemic isn’t over. Please don’t get complacent but at the same time I do hope my state lifts mask mandates for vaccinated individuals

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Saying just for fully vaccinated people is pretty dumb because it will cause for some Karen moments for sure with crazies people demanding proof.

min reality there is no way enforce it. It is being used as way to push more people to get vaccinated.

Misleading title. There’s still too many people who won’t get the vaccine. We aren’t at herd immunity; the pandemic isn’t over. Please don’t get complacent but at the same time I do hope my state lifts mask mandates for vaccinated individuals
Lifting it for vaccinated people effectively lifts it for everyone. There isn’t going to be anyone verifying cards at the door.

Celcius

°Temp. member
On one hand I'll be so glad for things to go back to normal, whenever that happens.
On the other hand, I'll miss being able to say no to social gatherings due to the pandemic.
I enjoy working from home, but I do kinda miss the office as well. Oh well.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
They have to wear them to protect against the vaccinated.

Oh yeah, I saw some of the vaccine shedding lunacy. Doesn't even make sense considering these vaccines don't contain live virus. Seems like the truly deranged people think that vaccinated people are now basically zombies and just being in their presence can cause the condition to spread to the unvaccinated. It's pure crazytown.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Clearly he means that the restrictions will be over. Said restrictions were, for all intents and purposes, "the pandemic" for most people.

Last edited by a moderator:

epicnemesis

Good, now people who have the vaccine can go maskless, people who don’t have the vaccine can lie about it and go maskless, and the people who are still worried that people are lying about being vaccinated can still wear a mask.

We have backdoored our way to common sense protocol. Those who are still worried can take necessary precautions and those who want to yolo are free to yolo.

TheContact

I guess. But the vaccines are so effective it’s almost a moot point. Anyone who is truly still concerned after getting 2 doses (especially Pfizer or Moderna) needs to relax a bit.

yea vaccines are effective. Someone not getting vaccinated and going unmasked has nothing to do with how effective vaccinations are. If it’s so effective, get it.

CloudNull

Banned
yea vaccines are effective. Someone not getting vaccinated and going unmasked has nothing to do with how effective vaccinations are. If it’s so effective, get it.

Let the man do what he wants. If he gets it cool, if not just as cool. With kids now getting vaccines there will be more than enough people in the country who are vaccinated. People who don’t want to get it won’t effect anyone else.

Pagusas

Elden Member
We're at the point now where if you want the vaccine, most americans can easily get it. So yes its time for life to come back, and those who choose not to get vacciniated are taking their lives into their own hands, which is perfectly fine as I do believe most who choose that life style will accept the consequences.

epicnemesis

But if you are vaccinated why do you care? Unless your caring is driven by empathy for the person who is still worried about COVID AND doesn’t want to get the vaccine.

I would argue that society doesn’t owe anything to that third category. It is an unfair position.

At this point everyone who wants it can get it, there is no need for some social constraint, there are those who are protected and those who are willing to take the calculated risk.

There is of course a 4th category; children who can’t get vaccinated. But if we alter society for the 1/5 million chance of something it’s time to just pack it all in. No cars, no planes, no beach, no trampolines, no skiing, vaccine cards for the flu (which has a higher death rate for kids), it’s time to 0 out all risk.

JayK47

I'm confused. I am still seeing decent case numbers each day and deaths are still in the double digits most days. This time last year the numbers were lower, but there was no vaccine. So is it the vaccine that magically means I can go into a store without a damn mask? Just seems so sudden. My state is removing the mask mandate tomorrow for most instances. I guess I was not expecting it to happen so soon. I guess I will accept the good news and hope it sticks.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
There’s still non Covid cases like flu, they’ve done a nice job with the vaccines just wish they handled the beginning of the pandemic better I remember lots of altercations, unhappiness, lockdowns etc. China is among the leaders of Covid cases, has vaccines and CONTINUES to wear masks 😷

PanzerAzel

Good. Fucking. Riddance.

I‘ve abided the rules stringently thus far. I’ll still carry my mask around in my pocket with my vaccination card on me and will mask up if it‘s really important to another person or business who requests it, but from here on out I’m breathing fresh air as the default until instructed otherwise.

Covid, come at me, ya bitch. I’m not wearing masks forever. Enough is enough. Great news.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

On one hand I'll be so glad for things to go back to normal, whenever that happens.
On the other hand, I'll miss being able to say no to social gatherings due to the pandemic.
I enjoy working from home, but I do kinda miss the office as well. Oh well.
My biggest fear right now is my work is going to just rush us all back in. I want to stay home!

Last edited:

HoodWinked

This is dumb messaging so i expect no less from the current administration. I don't understand why they would word it to stop wearing masks rather than to say they're not required or mandated for vaccinated individuals.

this just causes mixed messaging with the unvaccinated likely also to stop using masks now. Also they should include details like vaccines take 2 weeks to reach full efficacy.

Last edited:

Hulk_Smash

Banned
this doesn’t make sense to me as i assume the whole point of this is to push people to get vaccinated

how will this declaration stop unvaccinated people from not wearing masks? they need some sort of vaccination passport system in place if it’s to succeed
How do you think that would work? I mean I would just NOT do that either.

The only way that would work is if you started putting unvaccinated people in prisons or at the very least deny them entrance into any businesses. Well, I guess it works in some cultures. Like Germanic ones in the 1930s.

Oh wait I better hurry up and restate that I support the vaccines or I might catch a ban. I do appreciate the hard work that goes into producing and distributing these vaccines. I’m proud to say my wife, my dad, my in-laws all have theirs.

I have like a ton of friends that work in pharmacies and hospitals and they’ve been working tirelessly to get these vaccines out and I do appreciate all their hard work.

I watch the vaccine numbers go up and up in my state every day and it puts a smile on my face.Thank you Pfizer, Moderna, and even you J&J for being there with those vaxs!

Last edited:

CloudNull

Banned
How do you think that would work? I mean I would just NOT do that either.

The only way that would work is if you started putting unvaccinated people in prisons or at the very least deny them entrance into any businesses. Well, I guess it works in some cultures. Like Germanic ones in the 1930s.

Oh wait I better hurry up and restate that I support the vaccines or I might catch a ban. I do appreciate the hard work that goes into producing and distributing these vaccines. I’m proud to say my wife, my dad, my in-laws all have theirs.

I have like a ton friends that work in pharmacies and hospitals and they’ve been working tirelessly to get these vaccines out and I do appreciate all their hard work.

I watch the vaccine numbers go up and up in my state every day and it puts a smile on my face.Thank you Pfizer, Moderna, and even you J&J for being there with those vaxs!
I hate the praise the vaccines get like they are holier than everything.

I have a lot of family and friends who are against getting vaccines for their own personal beliefs. Intelligent people that will not get them on principle. I respect them just as much as I did before. People should have the choice to live their life how they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom