• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An object "the size of a small car" has been shot down over Alaska. Confirmed by Pentagon.

nush

Gold Member
Object was shaped like an octagon. Wtf?
R-C.38ee2c1b8afc1e2949fbb56b7a300f80

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
After the Baloon incident they have upated the radars to detect slower moving objects, which is why theyare popping these balloons right and off.

Also:

Yep. That's what I'm talking about. NORAD changed it's search parameters and suddenly discovered this shit was everywhere.

Makes you wonder just how long this has been going on and how often the military has caught them.

dave_d

Yep. That's what I'm talking about. NORAD changed it's search parameters and suddenly discovered this shit was everywhere.

Makes you wonder just how long this has been going on and how often the military has caught them.
I'm wondering how you'd even shoot down this shit with an F22 that probably wants to cruise at 400-500mph or uses missiles that go something like 1500-3000mph. You'd be better off using a cesna or piper cub with some guns on it.

Jsisto

Seems insane to me that we would not have known these things were in our airspace until recently. Frankly, I don’t believe it. I want to know if we have similar objects in other nations airspace. I’d suspect we do, and id suspect it’s been something that was understood but not talked about between nations. By all accounts, these are harmless devices. I imagine it’s only becoming an issue now because of the increased tensions with China, and we’re shooting them down as a form of leverage. I’m sure we’ll be getting some of our shit fucked up too, but I doubt the media will report on it. “UFOs shot down!” Is a much easier sell to the public than “long known chinese balloons shot down in pressure game with china.”

Tams

Gold Member
These pilots are really getting some practice in.
Maybe it's just a scheme by them to finally get some kills?

Those F-22s have had a big fat zero from big fat zero chances to shoot down anything but shooting practice drones (which they rarely do and don't count as a kill).

Jsisto

“Octagonal object”. Lmao. Media doing what they do best, doing their damndest to generate panic. It’s a balloon. There’s pictures of it. It’s a balloon. It has strings. If aliens were going to travel across the galaxy and visit us, I would hope they’d have better tech than balloons.

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
It's probably also a bit of a PR disaster too ... so they ticked or unticked a couple of parameters, and discovered that there's a shit tonne of surveillance from hostile (and not so hostile?) assets operating under their very noses.

Fools idol

Banned
have you guys ever heard of Lind Moulton Howe? in particular her findings about the underground pyramid in Alaska?

I immediately called bullshit.... until I watched this video.

it's noteworthy because the proximity of this location is very close to where this thing was shot down

Davesky

If it’s China, probably trying to throw the US off with distractions before launching a surprise invasion of Taiwan. I don’t believe the secret technology available or the unidentified objects that’s been clearly documented and witnessed in recent years, maybe not owned by China, wouldn’t be able to easily evade any US missile.

The world is currently in a hybrid world war, probably have been since at least 2015. I think this and next year is going to be most dangerous with upcoming US presidential elections. The political division is really going to play right into the hands of China and Russia, and they already know this. I’m personally right wing (if I had to decide) but believe the democrats should be allowed to stay in power if this aggression becomes much more severer in the upcoming months.

..or maybe it’s just the democrats that want this all along and want to enslave all of us and turn us into clowns living in cloud fucking cuckoo land. I really don’t know what to think anymore, either way whatever happens is going to be quite the show. Maybe we can send Sam Smith in his inflatable latex suit to fly over China and warn of the consequences of keeping him there if they do anything further.

Last edited:

Davesky

Apparently unidentified objects now over Chinese airspace aswell. The idea that the weather balloons were being used to track them before we caught on aswell may now actually be true.

Wasn’t similar phenomena observed around world military airspace at the end of World War 2? I know about the Foo Fighters claim but that was during aerial battles, can’t remember much else as I only started taking the UFO phenomenon seriously within the last year.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
have you guys ever heard of Lind Moulton Howe? in particular her findings about the underground pyramid in Alaska?

I immediately called bullshit.... until I watched this video.

it's noteworthy because the proximity of this location is very close to where this thing was shot down

I dunno she sounds like a nutjob. I was open-minded until I saw the opening with her sat there with a white cat on her lap haha.

supernova8

Banned
It could be that China has developed something more advanced than what the US has but the US has too much pride to admit it so they're just calling it a UFO, hoping that China will also keep its mouth shut or something.

supernova8

Banned
no source listed

Update: i found the first source https://finance.yahoo.com/news/1-ru...-FUr4Oz59V7iOFVqa3qnzQhcFdcjKMUCyLhg8oaT_u7SG
seems to just be an off the cuff way of saying 'its not identified yet so i cant say anything

no source listed except 'per reuters'

the above update seems to be referring to the same article ie a whole lotta nothing
Got this from CNN live updates:

The US military does not have new information on the country of origin or the physical or mechanical properties of the three objects downed over North America in the past three days, Gen. Glen VanHerck, the commander of the US Northern Command and North American Aerospace Defense Command, told reporters Sunday.

“I'm not going to categorize them as balloons. We're calling them objects for a reason,”

“I'm not able to categorize how they stay aloft. It could be a gaseous type of balloon inside a structure or it could be some type of a propulsion system. But clearly, they're -- they're able to stay aloft,” he added.
VanHerck stressed that officials do not know the country of origin of the objects downed in recent days, distinguishing it from the suspected Chinese surveillance balloon that the US military shot down off the coast of South Carolina last week.

“I would be hesitant and urge you not to attribute it to any specific country. We don't know,” VanHerck said.
----

No idea what it is (I'm not saying it's a UFO, plus seems weird that UFOs would exclusively be over the US and not worldwide), but it sounds like they're at least sure it's not a balloon in the conventional sense.

Also, contrary to my previous comment, I'm actually thinking it doesn't make sense to not attribute this to China if it is Chinese. The US already shot down a Chinese spy balloon and was happy to call them out on it so I don't see the argument for the US suddenly getting all coy about it.

Last edited:

Has the pentagon confirmed they were Chinese spy balloons? I know there was a press conference tonight. Not sure if it was live steamed or recorded anywhere.

A similar thing happened with the Air Force. They upgraded their radar technology in the early 2000’s I believe and all of a sudden pilots started seeing fleets of UFO’s.

Edit: read comments above me. UFO’s not ruled out by the government.

Last edited:

Lasha

Stealth in space isn't really a thing. An alien civilization that could send stuff light-years to reach earth without giving off any suspicious thermal radiation would have an understanding of physics so beyond ours that earth militaries wouldn't be able to see probes flying around within the atmosphere where stealth is more easily achieved. It's probably not Aliens.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Has the pentagon confirmed they were Chinese spy balloons? I know there was a press conference tonight. Not sure if it was live steamed or recorded anywhere.

A similar thing happened with the Air Force. They upgraded their radar technology in the early 2000’s I believe and all of a sudden pilots started seeing fleets of UFO’s.

Edit: read comments above me. UFO’s not ruled out by the government.
They won't confirm they are Chinese balloons. Tensions are already high enough as it is. They are shooting them down as a show of force and capability. You also won't see China claim them because they won't want to admit that A) They are implementing the widespread use of spy balloons in foreign territories and B) they won't want to admit that these balloons are so poorly made and crude that they are so easily spotted and destroyed by a rival power. We literally shot down a Chinese spy balloon just the other day on live TV basically.

Let me put it this way. Which is more likely?

1) That these are just more spy balloons and/or drones that have been found and destroyed now that NORAD knows what to look for and that the US and China both don't want to make anything official though in order to avoid raising tensions even higher.

OR

2) Space aliens have decided right here right now to suddenly send craft/probes en masse to spy on the human race. Oh and these aliens possess the power of interstellar travel, but are also somehow in the possession of technology so crude that it can be easily spotted by humanity who can barely get a crew of 3 to the Moon and that can be shot down by an aircraft that was made in 1978 with a weapons system that was originally designed in 1953.

Do you need the government to come out publicly and tell you "Hey guys its not aliens."?

Really?

Last edited:
Top Bottom