• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shun

Had 5 Gunpla/Plamo to go through over the weekend and only finished two.
  • HGFC Nobel Gundam
  • HGAD Gundam Harute
  • HGBF Fenice Rinascita
  • MG Hi-Nu Gundam
  • Bandai Evangelion Hachigoki

I finished HGFC Nobell Gundam and Evangelion 3.33 Hachigoki. EVA Unit is double the size of average HG Gunpla and it seems like it is little taller than MG model as well.

Nobell Gundam was my first attempt at using airbrush for paint and priming and using handbrush for details instead of stickers. I will probably go back to repaint and give my Nobell a cleaner finish as she deserves it.

Hachigoki was my second attempt and it turned out better with the paint and detail. I finished most of the detailing but I need to go back and repaint some eyes and stripes and do panel line.

Hachigoki is also very flexible and sturdy compared to Gunpla with all the polycap it uses. It has a good balance and it can do a lot of poses. Only downside is that it has fixed hands and fingers that will fall once in a while when holding weapon. Eva kits could benefit a lot from MG Gunpla movable fingers instead of fixed hands.

For Hachigoki I gave it a metallic finish by mixing black and silver for gunmetal, pink and metallic white for a pearl pink color.

It took a long time but I enjoy the result for the most part. I have quite a few more kits to go but I am burnt out at the moment...

IMG_0228.JPG
IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG
IMG_0232.JPG

IMG_0233.JPG

IMG_0234.JPG
IMG_0235.JPG

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Turn A Gundam Ep 39:

This OP isn't Turn A Turn!!! I'm sure I'll get used to it though. Why do I get the feeling Gym just wants to rape Kihel?

Ep 40:

Gym must like toying around with people. Harry isn't that bad of a character, I've been waiting for him to go evil like most Char clones do, but here is still being a good guy.

CENTURY COLOR!

Has the second ending started yet? I love it.

NEO0MJ

Turn A Gundam Ep 39:

This OP isn't Turn A Turn!!! I'm sure I'll get used to it though. Why do I get the feeling Gym just wants to rape Kihel?

Ep 40:

Gym must like toying around with people. Harry isn't that bad of a character, I've been waiting for him to go evil like most Char clones do, but here is still being a good guy.

Gym is the best. The VA's performance is godly.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Had 5 Gunpla/Plamo to go through over the weekend and only finished two.

It took a long time but I enjoy the result for the most part. I have quite a few more kits to go but I am burnt out at the moment...

Good job on the kits especially the Eva, it came out really nice.

I am at the same situation getting burned out, one of my kit was half finish, been so long I don't even remember it's name.

Two down; 3 to go. Strike is next. I don't know why, but I think Aile Strike is my favorite 'lead' gundam all of a sudden. I have the new high-grade and it's awesome.

tJYqkSr.jpg

Is that the MG Assault Shroud Duel? Looks pretty nice.

What I've found out, universally, about Gunpla: They always look better in person! I was like "ho-hum, I hope this looks good" when I was building it and like magic when I got finished (with the great-looking dry-rub decals) I was like "holy shit, this is INCREDIBLE." It's super heavy, solid as a rock, looks BEASTLY, and the colors are great. I still haven't flat-coated, but otherwise, I'm done with it. Going to get some lusterless laquer finish tomorrow. HIGHLY recommend it for SEED fans. Blitz, Aegis, and Strike will also be great.

Duel and Aegis were my favorite from the first batch of Seed suits.

I can't even rank the GATX series at this point. I love each variation.I was just going to get 1/144s and I realized that there isn't a decent 1/144 Duel, so I just went ahead and got the MG. Super glad I did.

Paltheos

What I've found out, universally, about Gunpla: They always look better in person! I was like "ho-hum, I hope this looks good" when I was building it and like magic when I got finished (with the great-looking dry-rub decals) I was like "holy shit, this is INCREDIBLE." It's super heavy, solid as a rock, looks BEASTLY, and the colors are great. I still haven't flat-coated, but otherwise, I'm done with it. Going to get some lusterless laquer finish tomorrow. HIGHLY recommend it for SEED fans. Blitz, Aegis, and Strike will also be great.

Aegis is good fun - Look forward to it. For that giant plasma cannon in the center and the elaborate transformation the build is pretty different from anything I've built thus far. I was a little nervous about the color on this one even while I was building it but when I was done I found I'm actually pretty ok with that shade of red. The big drawback to this kit, which you may have heard of, is that it cannot hold its beam rifle :( It looks so cool though, regular or transformed (mine will stay in MA mode for perpetuity) that I still recommend it.

I can't even rank the GATX series at this point. I love each variation.I was just going to get 1/144s and I realized that there isn't a decent 1/144 Duel, so I just went ahead and got the MG. Super glad I did.

Aegis
Duel
Strike
Buster
Blitz
;)

And Athrun consistently gets the coolest MS.

Aegis is good fun - Look forward to it. For that giant plasma cannon in the center and the elaborate transformation the build is pretty different from anything I've built thus far. I was a little nervous about the color on this one even while I was building it but when I was done I found I'm actually pretty ok with that shade of red. The big drawback to this kit, which you may have heard of, is that it cannot hold its beam rifle :( It looks so cool though, regular or transformed (mine will stay in MA mode for perpetuity) that I still recommend it.

Aegis
Duel
Strike
Buster
Blitz
;)

I've done the HG re-master Aegis and loved it. So I get the feeling MG Aegis won't disappoint! 1/144 Strike and Aegis posed together is one of my favorite pieces of my collection. So, I'm imagining four enemy GATX units on the ground and behind them on the action base Aegis Gundam in the air. Hnnngg that would be the new centerpiece of my collection. Sorry Ver Ka Nu.

Anyway, it's not a wash. My plans for my 1/144 Aegis and Strike are to reenact the final battle between the two, when Athrun basically shows how insane he is. lol

I'll tell you one kit this isn't true for, the MG Spiegel. Looks good in pictures but the lack of detail makes it one that really doesn't stand out on your shelf.

High Grade Arios was an example of this for me. It's big problem was that it used foil seals for the legs and the legs are the single worst thing I've seen in Gunpla.

Maybe, but he's so charming it's hard to hate.
The way he picked up Lily Borjano by her foot and squeezed it made me think, "what are you about to do?" He likes having an obvious position of power over people. His advances on Kihel were disgusting. It's like he wanted to pull a "Dio" on Harry's girl.
Aegis
Duel
Strike
Buster
Blitz
;)

He's the Char Aznable of the Seed world, but nicer and didn't feel right plotting to kill his childhood friend.

NEO0MJ

3X as fast as other forklifts/trolleys?

16803320309_2e978da3d0_o.jpg

The way he picked up Lily Borjano by her foot and squeezed it made me think, "what are you about to do?" He likes having an obvious position of power over people. His advances on Kihel were disgusting. It's like he wanted to pull a "Dio" on Harry's girl.

I never got "the creep" vibes from him but it has been some time since I watched Turn A. I thought Guin was the creepiest personally.

3X as fast as other forklifts/trolleys?

16803320309_2e978da3d0_o.jpg

I never got "the creep" vibes from him but it has been some time since I watched Turn A. I thought Guin was the creepiest personally.
He's pretty smug. He's not Glemy creepy, but he does have a douche vibe. I can't wait for that Guin reveal I was told about like last month him just constantly calling Loran Laura in front of people is just weird. I'm honestly still trying to figure out what race Guin is. He looks sort of mixed race, but he might just have a southern tan or Italian or something. They used a rather interesting color palette for the characters.

OT2: Maybe the next season will be better.
OT2: You have to watch to understand.
OT2: It's a-meijin!
OT2: A new type of OT.
OT2: As expected of the Artistic Gunpla Champion.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Well, after much procrastination and lots of other work, I think I'll finally get around to finishing the rest Zeta Gundam this weekend. Though, I've apparently been having a hard time finding decent copies of ZZ so it might take a while to get that going.

Also I've been listening to a lot of StarRingChild lately. Possibly grown to be one of my top Gundam songs for me.

Oh and OT2: Not even my first OT would hit me.

Wubby

I hope the OP for the new thread will have some useful information...

Stuff like:
-Best order to watch the UC series anime list
-Links on where to buy, how to build Gunpla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom