• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new Saints Row looks atrocious (gameplay video)

Moses85

Wow, its even worst than the original game, how did they do this?

Robin Williams Winner GIF

Looks like missed the video before it was taken down, but from what I've seen of this game, it looks pretty average. I've enjoyed the franchise, for the most part and unless this turns out to be an utter shit show, I'll probably pick it up on PC when it goes on sale.

Between Agents of Mayhem and this, probably would've been a better idea to make a proper follow up to Red Faction Guerrilla.

Aure

Banned
Looks like a late PS3 game, this series peaked with SR2 and it all went downhill from there..
This will certainly be the last nail in its coffin.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Should have killed it after SR3 or took a hiatus and worked on something new temporarily. The franchise is now mediocre, or worse. Shame as there could be great potential in the right hands.

Mr.ODST

I miss Saint Row 1 gang feature, was so so good including the multiplayer where you made your own gang to face other gangs online with your hideout etc then they removed it half way through the games lifespan

SJRB

Gold Member
Video got taken down, but there are plenty other videos around. SkillUp's preview video for example points out the many flaws this game appears to have.

Complete dumpster fire.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Saint’s Row looks like more Saint’s Row. The series was never top tier imo.

I’ll check it out when it’s on Steam for $20 or less.

Last edited:

JonSnowball

I feel as if somewhere along the way the awareness of the route of comedy in these sort of titles was completely lost. Did people at some point miss that the comedy was always from a point of being so over the top it's ridiculous in a "what kind of person would do something like that? beat on someone with a gigantic dildo?" sort of way. This looks like another Agents of Mayhem level failure coming up - bland and boring.

Dr.Morris79

That the game is trash isnt proof of anything.
I think it's more of the fact that what we're seeing seems to be a defining trait of most modern media. Tell tales signs, the use language, the colours, haircuts.. etc

It's all there. It could be great, granted. But i'll personally be holding off until reviews and general perception hit

Most of this new age media just doesnt appeal to me personally. We'll see though.

VN1X

Banned
Looks like missed the video before it was taken down, but from what I've seen of this game, it looks pretty average. I've enjoyed the franchise, for the most part and unless this turns out to be an utter shit show, I'll probably pick it up on PC when it goes on sale.

Between Agents of Mayhem and this, probably would've been a better idea to make a proper follow up to Red Faction Guerrilla.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is their last game (unless I'm missing some other title they have going for them atm).

Not sure who this is for.

I miss Saint Row 1 gang feature, was so so good including the multiplayer where you made your own gang to face other gangs online with your hideout etc then they removed it half way through the games lifespan

Blinded Out Ride was hilarious, I’m disappointed they never brought that mode back. The first game was a nice little appetiser waiting for GTA 4.

soulbait

For a group that constantly talks about missing AA games, they sure like to complain when a AA level game comes out.

I know Saints Row has tried to position itself as a AAA game, but due to its roots of being a GTA clone, I don't think it ever really got to AAA. The games are fun for what they are, especially the first 2. I am looking forward to this, even if it is not the prettiest game ever. As long as it is fun, why not?

winjer

Gold Member
I don't know, it looks and feels horrible.

Watched a few minutes but gave up. Combat looks to be very bad.
Voice acting and writing is terrible.
Graphics seem ok, but design is some generic inspired Fortnite crap.

Could be wrong, but this game seems like a flop ready t happen.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I don't know, it looks and feels horrible.

Why does the framerate looks as in Saints 2, it's fucking horrible. No wonder that even 3080 have an issues in this title. I can excuse a lot of things, framerate dipping to teens, i can't....

Kupfer

Dear God, the UI, the voice acting, the dialogue, the brain dead AI & gameplay. This is awful.

Are there generally people excited for this?
Have a look in this thread, I was shocked how people actually seem to be excited about this software (calling it a game would imply that it is associated with fun)

Last edited:

Interfectum

Wasnt this series always “GTA for kids”?

Are they suppose to go for the tastes of some old fucks that bought the game when they were younger.. or to all the kids of today.

Or are preteens too busy with FTP games nowadays?
Preteens are playing Roblox and Minecraft. Teenagers are playing GTA. No one is going to be playing Saints Row.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Wasnt this series always “GTA for kids”?

Are they suppose to go for the tastes of some old fucks that bought the game when they were younger.. or to all the kids of today.

Or are preteens too busy with FTP games nowadays?
I never played it but the original Saint's Row I believe was a pretty gritty straight up mature GTA rip-off and not 'kiddy'

Wow the voice acting is completely trash. God awfull characters and the city looks a generic orange wasteland.

1080p looking like 640p, mega frame drops and what is that waiter doing at 2:31 in the video, shooting happening right next to his head and just casually walking away lol. Nice AI.

Last edited:

Nigel

Should have killed it after SR3 or took a hiatus and worked on something new temporarily. The franchise is now mediocre, or worse. Shame as there could be great potential in the right hands.
They basically did all that and still fucked up, lmao.

Top Bottom