• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new Saints Row looks atrocious (gameplay video)

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
When you can’t say or do anything politically incorrect you end up with dialogue like this. They have to compensate for it with an over abundance of shits and fucks. It’s pretty common right now with the left-leaning millennial standup/podcaster crowd. A whole lotta empty talk with 2-3 politically safe curse words and maybe some mild sexual innuendo(usually homosexual) if they’re feeling really bold.

And sadly, if recent reports are to be believed, it sounds like GTA6 will be heading in the same direction.
What about this is "left wing"? It's more like 90's teenager cringe comedy, more like. I think there is distinct lack of talent and witt.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Tomorrow. Reviews should be out today though.

Some low level youtubers seem to be putting out the lower quality reviews at the moment ahead of the curve, not great from the ones I have seen.

However will look towards hopefully some people who's tastes align with mine to see if it's worth buying.

I am not expecting much however.

Ravi_elite

Banned
Some low level youtubers seem to be putting out the lower quality reviews at the moment ahead of the curve, not great from the ones I have seen.

However will look towards hopefully some people who's tastes align with mine to see if it's worth buying.

I am not expecting much however.
Lmao wait hold on..people are telling the honest truth and that disappoints you. And your expecting reviewers with more class to lie?

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Lmao wait hold on..people are telling the honest truth and that disappoints you. And your expecting reviewers with more class to lie?

I mean reviews are subjective, one of the benefits of youtube is you can find someone who's gaming tastes align with my own.

For example if some editor who hates JRPG's and loves Madden gave Xenoblade 3 a 6/10 is that the truth? It might be for him but that score and probably recommendation to avoid would not align with the types of games I enjoy playing.

At the moment I don't know the people who have released reviews, so I'm waiting for someone I know before I decide if it's worth dropping cash.

EDIT: just saw Skill Up's review... pass...

Last edited:
The minute GTA 4 came out every other open world city game paled in comparison. The gap only widened even more with 5. Are we re-writing history here? I'm a fan of Saints Row and even I know this.

Like I said, there was a time and you probably forgot because it had been so long, all the vs and comparisons articles, and the talk from staff from THQ and such.

When Saint Row 3 sold 6 million under 2 years from release, that was looked at as a game changer, that was the best performance any game of this type had ever performed against GTA. A series that with GTAIV, was seen as in decline with a mixed reception compared to the acclaimed San Andreas. Saints Row was considered the only real competitor to GTA and there was a lot of articles and discussion comparing the two and the sales of the franchise kept getting better and better until Saints Row the thirds surprise momentum,

That momentum didn't continue but no one saw that coming at the time.

Top Bottom