• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The most anticipated epic of 2006: Zelda, FFXII, or Okami?

Zweisy1

Im a huge fan of Hideki Kamiya so Im tempted to say Okami but...

Zelda > Okami >>>>>>>>> FFXII

That said, Im certain FFXII will be more interesting than your average FF game though.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Zelda = FFXI.

Both will be huge. Okami will be a great game (I hope) but it won't sell worth a damn, nor is it "anticipated" by anyone buying games outside of the hardcore. (the 1%).

Luckett_X

Banned
Okami >>>>>>> Zelda Ten >>>> Final Fantasy TWELVE

To all you people that don't find Okami 'interesting', or 'haven't seen much of it', then welcome to the internets where you can look up informations and watch gameplay in a second.

Okami perfectly executes a charming RPG overworld with a brilliantly animated wolf and gorgeous new graphical style, and then even mixes in some really well done 'brush puzzles' that puts the entire DS' use of the touch screen to shame. Draw a sun in the sky, the Okami world gets brighter. Draw a line from 2 posts to make a washing line for a woman that wants to dry her clothes. Mid combat with enemies, slash through them with sharp brush strokes.

I dont see how rescuing the princess and the triforce and fighting an evil empire while summoning the same old favourites is better than the most original game this generation.

Mobius_1

Banned
Final Fantasy XII >>>> Okami > Zelda

Final Fantasy XII is going to be the best FF ever cause Matsuno is behind it. Okami looks interesting. I have never been into Zelda so that takes the last place, tried playing OoT on a pc emulator but the game was so dull, I got lost in the first stage :(

I am still going to check out the new Zelda though

Mau ®

I think we should include Oblivion, it'll be epic for sure!

Anyway FFXII=Oblivion= Rogue Galaxy>>> Zelda>>> Okami

Okami doesn't seem all that epic and won't sell that much anyway. I still want it though...

qirex

I was excited for FFXII and then I played the demo. Then I saw the new Rogue Galaxy trailer and decided that looked like more fun.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
dark10x said:
THAT'S RIGHT DEVELOPERS, don't even f*cking BOTHER with NEW or ORIGINAL games. We don't NEED that shit up in here. We have Zelda. Z E L D A

Get that original crap out of here! See? xexex is a TRUE gamer. He knows what he likes and he wants more of it. Give 'em millions of sequels, but keep those original ideas far FAR away. Preach it!!!
I would pick Zelda over most original titles.

Zelda is one of the most apprieciated franschises in gaming because every game in the because every Zelda title delivers an excellent gaming experience and Nintendo manage to set the standards higher each time a new one is released.

Okami looks like it has some potential, but Im sure that most people would choose the sequel over this new original game.

Johnas

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
I dont know why but Im sorta nonplussed about Zelda at this point. I know it'll deliver, Ive never been a raving fanboy but Ive always really enjoyed the franchise, it looks as gigantic and gorgeous as ever...and yet after all these years a new Zelda is honestly starting to feel a bit hackneyed. Im sure that'll change once I dust off the ol' lunchbox next year though.

I feel the same way about Zelda at the moment, but I think it has more to do with the fact that we don't have a release date yet. If we even had a month or something to pin down, it would make it different. But for now it's just out there floating in the nebulous void.

OKAMI is something fresh and beautiful and invigorating and I cant wait to get my hands on it and you should too.

FFXII...not quite sure what to make of it yet. The new battle system and Matsuno direction definitely has my curiousity piqued but the jury is still out. I think its gonna be absolutely huge when it hits though.

Throw in Ace Combat Zero, KHII, Rogue Galaxy, Tourist Trophy in the PS2 will die when its good and ready category.

I was just about to name every single game you named in defense of this gen. I am in no hurry for next gen at the moment.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I agree with the poster that put it like this....

FFXII=Zelda>>>Okami

*Not that FFXII and Zelda are the same but there equaly on the same foot as far as hype and give me two different experiences.

I wont have access to a GC, and as much as I love the FF games, I just haven't seen or heard anything that really grabs me about 12. I mean the games MAKERS didnt like what they had, thats why we're still waiting. I'm suprised at myself, but I'm really waitng for KH2. I just keep seeing all thesae great screens and it looks like they are really putting some time in to make it a good game.

lyre

Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon in NA. NOA will have to be retarded (which they are) not to release it them. But from the 3, Legend of Zelda.

slade

Okami is a day one purchase for me. I wish I could get excited about Zelda but if it's the same old Ganon yawnfest in terms of story then I'll probably wait till it's the magic price of 19.99. Ditto for FFXII.

1) Okami - YES. Amazing visuals. Great impressions, numerous game of the show awards, it's set to go. Now this is a 'non-hardcore' action game that should triumph, not that god of war shit.

FFXII = don't give a shit about. Gave up on that ass of a series long ago. DQ8 for the win.

Zelda = Have to wait and see. Sailing in Wind Waker got extremely boring, stopped playing.

Zweisy1

FFXII = don't give a shit about. Gave up on that ass of a series long ago. DQ8 for the win.

Amen to that.

Oh and PSU looks good but no idea how it plays.. PSO wasn't all that with is clumsy controls and combat.

Zweisy1 said:
Amen to that.

Oh and PSU looks good but no idea how it plays.. PSO wasn't all that with is clumsy controls and combat.

Combats much more varied this time, lots of customizing and combos. If that were a choice then i'd definetly choose it over any of these games, same goes for Rogue Galaxy which looks better than the choices given.

WindyMan

Everyone likes Zelda, so that's going to do the best.
FFXII will be good among the RPG crowd, and since it's Final Fantasy it's going to do well.
Okami is probably going to get lost in the next-gen shuffle, unfortunately.

I really hope Okami gets ported to or remade for Revolution. The two seem to have been made for each other.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Zweisy1 said:

The controls+combat is a big improvement over PSO actually. It plays a lot faster and smoother, has a Zelda-style lock-on for circling and backing away from an enemy, first-person view for aiming guns, longer more varied combos, more weapon classes, special attacks for each weapon, ability to hold and use 2 weapons at once ...

Honestly, the more they reveal about PSU the better and better it gets. Easily my most anticipated game.

Check out the battle video here:

http://synbios.net/games/PSU/videos/

Zweisy1

Combats much more varied this time, lots of customizing and combos.

That's good to hear.. addition of combos especially. PSO's combat got repetitive real quick.

Rogue Galaxy is promising and Level 5 has improved with every single release.. Cant wait to play it. Okami's still my most awaited PS2 game though.

The controls+combat is a big improvement over PSO actually. It plays a lot faster and smoother, has a Zelda-style lock-on for circling and backing away from an enemy, first-person view for aiming guns, longer more varied combos, more weapon classes, special attacks for each weapon, ability to hold and use 2 weapons at once ...

Sounds and looks really great actually. Im pretty much sold.

Jado

Banned
Why are half the people in this thread just picking out their personally preferred games, while shitting on Zelda and FF?

No amount of bitching over Zelda and FF sequels in the double digits will change them from being among the largest, most anticipated and hyped games of 2006. I'm petty sure that's what the topic was originally asking, not "which do you like the most!?" Okami may end up being a masterpiece and perhaps do quite well, but nowhere near to the extent of the other two mentioned titles.

Jado said:
Why are half the people in this thread just picking out their personally preferred games, while shitting on Zelda and FF?

No amount of bitching over Zelda and FF sequels in the double digits will change them from being among the largest, most anticipated and hyped games of 2006. I'm petty sure that's what the topic was originally asking, not "which do you like the most!?" Okami may end up being a masterpiece and perhaps do quite well, but nowhere near to the extent of the other two mentioned titles.

It seemed to be about which epic are you looking forward to most, not which one will be the most popular. Otherwise this could've just been what will sell the most.

Top Bottom