• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The most anticipated epic of 2006: Zelda, FFXII, or Okami?

Kuroyume

Banned
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence or PSO 2

Okami looks like arty garbage. FFXII's characters don't appeal to me in any way and I'm scared about the new battle system. I know what to expect with Zelda... the same game we got back in 98 with new graphics which is perfectly damn fine with me. Anyway, it all doesn't matter because it's PSO 2 for the win.

So... PSO 2>>> Zelda >> FFXII >>>>>>>>>> Okami

Reilly

Okami is fresh and new. Amazing visuals and innovative gameplay makes me happy. Zelda is the same old song everytime. Elf boy has to save Zelda and Hyrule from Ganon. Oh, and this time, he turns into a Wolf for some reason. Besides, I'm not buying a Game Cube. I'll just wait until they port it to PS2 to maximize sales.

I haven't seen enough of Zelda and FF12 to really make a fair judgement, but the FF12 demo made me very happy. Okami virtually doesn't exist in my neighborhood.

Depends on the health of the Gamecube.

It's asking alot for Zelda to resurrect the Gamecube market worldwide solely on it's back, but if any franchise can do it...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
xexex said:
Zelda! FFXII doesn't even have a chance. and, Oka who ? :lol
THAT'S RIGHT DEVELOPERS, don't even f*cking BOTHER with NEW or ORIGINAL games. We don't NEED that shit up in here. We have Zelda. Z E L D A

Get that original crap out of here! See? xexex is a TRUE gamer. He knows what he likes and he wants more of it. Give 'em millions of sequels, but keep those original ideas far FAR away. Preach it!!!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
dark10x said:
THAT'S RIGHT DEVELOPERS, don't even f*cking BOTHER with NEW or ORIGINAL games. We don't NEED that shit up in here. We have Zelda. Z E L D A

Get that original crap out of here! See? xexex is a TRUE gamer. He knows what he likes and he wants more of it. Give 'em millions of sequels, but keep those original ideas far FAR away. Preach it!!!

Now, now. I don't think you need to go that far. He probably just meant it'll be inferior to the other two.

Oblivion said:
Now, now. I don't think you need to go that far. He probably just meant it'll be inferior to the other two.

:lol

That's kind of tough, seriously. Zelda games have always delivered in terms of gameplay, I hope this isn't the first one I end up completely hating. And I will be buying FFXII and Okami either way. Uh.. my most anticipated would be Zelda because I want to post "It's not 100 hours long" and take pictures of my inventory and proof that I beat the game and got all the secrets. :)

Oh... and by the way - my most anticipated game of 2006 is indeed Kingdom Hearts 2.

P.S. ZELDA DIES

Xellotah

I look forward to FFXII , it might be the first FF I buy since VIII.

Zelda's a must have of course.

As for Okami ... Apart from a few screens shots, I can't say I know much about this game.

stone128

Zelda > FFXII > Okami

I'm getting more and more interested in the new Zelda, I hope it's going to be the epic we're expecting. I think it will :D

I dont know why but Im sorta nonplussed about Zelda at this point. I know it'll deliver, Ive never been a raving fanboy but Ive always really enjoyed the franchise, it looks as gigantic and gorgeous as ever...and yet after all these years a new Zelda is honestly starting to feel a bit hackneyed. Im sure that'll change once I dust off the ol' lunchbox next year though.

OKAMI is something fresh and beautiful and invigorating and I cant wait to get my hands on it and you should too.

FFXII...not quite sure what to make of it yet. The new battle system and Matsuno direction definitely has my curiousity piqued but the jury is still out. I think its gonna be absolutely huge when it hits though.

Throw in Ace Combat Zero, KHII, Rogue Galaxy, Tourist Trophy in the PS2 will die when its good and ready category.

Gee

Okami of course,
Zelda and Final Fantasy are nice, but it's more of the same thing (not saying that's a bad thing)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I'm more hyped about FFXII than Zelda at the moment, but then...maybe I should look forward to Zelda more, seeing as FFXII is DELAYED ETERNAL. :(

As for Okami...I don't know. I mean yeah, the game is a looker and quite fun to play based on the limited time I spent with it...but I'm not sure at all how it will hold up in the long run, and some aspects of the game seemed a bit weak. I'll be hesitant until I play the full game...but I won't deny it has a lot of potential.

Top Bottom