• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The most anticipated epic of 2006: Zelda, FFXII, or Okami?

ghibli99

Between these 3...

1. Okami -- Stylistically, this is art in motion. I can't get enough of the trailers. Even with all the distractions, noise, and crappy monitor at E3, this game made a big impression on me back in May. I agree that it'll probably sell about 10 copies, but this is what I want to see from Clover... new stuff. I don't want to see sequel after sequel of Viewtiful Joe, which I didn't think needed a sequel in the first place.

2. The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess -- I'm on a Zelda kick right now, and am playing through OOT as I speak. What a game, and I know TTP is going to deliver a rock-solid adventure.

3. Final Fantasy XII -- I posted up my impressions of the demo, and of these 3, I'm the least enthused about this one. I'll still play it, but so far, the combat isn't doing it for me. Can't wait to experience the story and the rest of the music, though!

Reilly

okami200509160735380473hh.jpg

okami032kc.jpg

okami051lw.jpg

okami116sm.jpg

:D

warthog

1) Okami. I don't know all that much about it, but what I've seen makes me very curious about the game. I love the art.

2) Zelda. I bought a cube for TWW, sold it again and this 1 might just make me buy 1 again. I seriously doubt it though, only that game won't pull me over again.

3) FF. Just not my kind of game.

Zelda and Okami are among my most anticipated, along with Odama and a score of DS games. FFXII I'm regarding with curiosity at the moment... I tried the demo disc in a GameCrazy and it was interesting, but I'm not 100% sold on it yet.

Piepz

I have played JPN version of Okami. AWFUL framerate drop, just awful. The game is nice, but not as epic as zelda is.

So, Zelda.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Piepz said:
I have played JPN version of Okami. AWFUL framerate drop, just awful. The game is nice, but not as epic as zelda is.
Oh you mean you played the TGS beta that was leaked onto the internet, way to go dude

kenta said:
Oh you mean you played the TGS beta that was leaked onto the internet, way to go dude

Someone mentioned recently that Capcom was sending out a demo for Okami. I think a few people have it and aren't too happy with it.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
kenta said:

Capcom had huge piles of Okami demo discs at TGS and were handing them out to anyone who wanted one.

I have a feeling it will end up a beautiful but flawed game. The combat was the main problem with the demo, it felt too automatic - you home in on everything, so it ends up being a case of just pressing a button until everything is dead. The painting aspect is interesting, and is used really well in places with some nice ideas. Although drawing with a dual-shock is a bit clunky, and spoils the whole painting concept slightly. Also it felt a bit disjointed using it when you are fighting because everything freezes while you draw.

Gorgeous style, but I'm just not totally sure if it's going to all hang together as a game.

Various Okami images have been my only wallpapers for the past 18 months... I'm really hoping that it's gonna do well. Saying that Zelda just pips it to the post for my most anticipated game of 2006. Then a little bit behind comes FFXII, KHII and oblivion. I'd put MGS4 & RE5 in that list too if they weren't coming out in '07. ;)

kenta

Has no PEINS
SolidSnakex said:
Someone mentioned recently that Capcom was sending out a demo for Okami. I think a few people have it and aren't too happy with it.
Well if framerate is the only issue, I'm more than willing to live with it. Case in point: Shadow of the Colossus.

silenttwn

Wyzdom said:
3- FF12 (if it wasn't for the battle system this one would have been first!)

Having recently played the demo, I can not fathom hatred for this awesome battle system. You'd rather have it the way it was? FFXII:KOTOR for the frickin' win man! Matsuno pwnz.

Top Bottom