• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread |OT|

Seeing as I'm now off work on 80% pay for the forseeable future, I'm going to put this newfound free time to good use and try to listen to every album on this list. I've already heard a good portion of them so I know I'm going to have a good time.

obin_gam

This weeks New Metal Tracks on Spotify had two great options!

Never heard these guys before, love the vocals:

And here are some sort of Glam Rock vocals with Djenty guitarrs...

was sceptical the first few seconds but this song grows as hell on you !

Last edited:
Fair enough. For me that first haunted album slayed and I always measured each one after to it and they never came close imo.
It's very good, but I prefer Made Me Do It, One Kill Wonder and rEVOLVEr. The Dead Eye wasn't great, to the point where I didn't even bother with Versus or Unseen. I did like Exit Wounds, though. Haven't tried Strength in Numbers.

They were my favourite band at one point.

Last edited:

Meowzers

My bro that died in 2008 got me into metal like Pantera and Coal Chamber is an absolute legend.

I mostly listen to hip-hop and got him into it, but we respected each other's choices. Now I listen to hip-hop even more, but will listen to Body Count at times, which is considered to be a combination. I love my bro so will listen to his choices.

Metal Rules

Kj2.gif

GWAR

SmoothDisloyalBandicoot-max-1mb.gif

Megadeth

giphy.gif

Lamb of God

tJ1vFU.gif

Rob Zombie

IatQEq.gif

They rule!!!!

Scotty W

If you like Death, a collection of Cynic demos was released a few years ago, from their death metal days. If you compare Spiritual Healing to Human, and then listen to this, it is easy to see the influence they had. Here are 3 songs.

obin_gam

At The Movies (King Diamond, Soilwork, Therion, Pretty Maids, Hammerfall etc.) has made the greatest ever: Tina Turners We Dont Need Another Hero from Mad Max 3

Last edited:

Duellist

This makes me want to go 12 rounds with drago. Fucking killer and a nice tribute to survivor singer who passed a bit ago. Man I love speeds vocals.

Top Bottom