• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, the game was amazing fun for my lengthy stay. I quit because the mat grind was WAY too much to take 30+. I've heard the improved loading times help, but they've heavily nerfed certain shroom appearance rates. I've been nervous about coming back to it solely based on that info alone.

Yeah, the game was amazing fun for my lengthy stay. I quit because the mat grind was WAY too much to take 30+. I've heard the improved loading times help, but they've heavily nerfed certain shroom appearance rates. I've been nervous about coming back to it solely based on that info alone.
OK thanks. Looking for a time sink game since I'm not playing anything outside of Tekken 7. Guess I'll stay with Elite Dangerous then. I watched SuperBunnyHops review and while I do love Suda51, I didn't like the look of this.

Melchiah

OK thanks. Looking for a time sink game since I'm not playing anything outside of Tekken 7. Guess I'll stay with Elite Dangerous then. I watched SuperBunnyHops review and while I do love Suda51, I didn't like the look of this.

I found the game enjoyable up until the 35th floor, where I unlocked the grade 5 fighters. There's much to play before the grinding starts. Although, I have no idea how much the salvage costs are beyond the 10th floor, since I went past that when there were no costs. After the costs returned I've stopped going upwards, and just upgraded my gear and levelled up new fighters. You can safeguard yourself from the costs by using Lifeshrooms (that you get from killing Pillbugs), and keeping few Death Metals in reserve for revival.

I find the combat enjoyable, particularly against grade 5 Haters. I'm not really fond of the idea, that the new floors add grade 6 fighters to the mix, since it means my defenses won't stop the raiders anymore.

News about the upcoming additions:
https://www.letitdiethegame.com/news.html#/1354/battle-to-the-top-begins!-6/28/2017
Battle to the Top Begins! 6/28/2017

Event Period: 6/28 Post Maintenance – TBD

Senpai! Here is the much awaited information about the Battle to the Top, first unveiled at E3 2017! Check them out!

1: New floors added to the Tower of Barbs!
2: The number of items you can take to these floors are limited. Choose wisely!
3: You can't return to the waiting room once you start climbing these floors.
4: All the enemies on these floors are Hunters and Haters.
5: Reach the Tryptamine Server and safely return to the waiting room...if you're able to survive, that is.
6: ★★★★★★ Fighters will be available!

Stay tuned for more info on the Battle to the Top!

NOTE:
*Please note that event duration and content may be subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances.

Alastor3

now im back in the game, im at lvl 11-13 and kick of getting my ass kicked, i got a lvl 50 collector but im waiting to get the next set of fighter to get a Striker lvl 3 i think. Is there something i should do next? tips ?

Cool new floors. Though I think my gear is very outdated at this point, I have a masamune S and +0 and the white DIY set for armor. Hopefully the gear and material drops makes it easier to upgrade some of the current gear so catchup is easier.

Melchiah

now im back in the game, im at lvl 11-13 and kick of getting my ass kicked, i got a lvl 50 collector but im waiting to get the next set of fighter to get a Striker lvl 3 i think. Is there something i should do next? tips ?

You can unlock grade 3 fighters at floor 16 and 17, all grade 4 classes at floor 25, and grade 5 at floor 35; http://letitdie.gamepedia.com/Fighters

EDIT: Here's a map of the floors: http://i.imgur.com/LJq51RX.jpg
So if you're at floor 11-13, you'll have to beat the 16th floor boss to unlock all the grade 3 classes. She's a bit of a pain in the ass, but I think you can unlock grade 3 Strikers before beating her.

Cool new floors. Though I think my gear is very outdated at this point, I have a masamune S and +0 and the white DIY set for armor. Hopefully the gear and material drops makes it easier to upgrade some of the current gear so catchup is easier.

I have +1 Death Burner Iron, Battle Machete, Cleaver Saber, Masamune Blade, DUKE-02 Sniper Rifle, +2 Pork Chopper, and +1 DIY Assault Gear. They've served me well so far, up until the 37th floor. Equipping my grade 5 Collector with Nosferatu, Poison Eater, Vitamin XXX, DIY Enthusiast, and Marathron Runner decals made gathering materials easier as well.

I guess I just love this game too much. I can't quit it.

Just got back in the game, played all the way to Floor 30, have yet to fight the boss. I guess I will grind some material, try out new weapons and maybe collect all the stamps and comics I missed.

Anyone know if there's a way to redo the stamps if you fucked up? I want to get Perfect on all of them.

I have +1 Death Burner Iron, Battle Machete, Cleaver Saber, Masamune Blade, DUKE-02 Sniper Rifle, +2 Pork Chopper, and +1 DIY Assault Gear. They've served me well so far, up until the 37th floor. Equipping my grade 5 Collector with Nosferatu, Poison Eater, Vitamin XXX, DIY Enthusiast, and Marathron Runner decals made gathering materials easier as well.

I already beat the game, but I did also have death burner, zombie chopper, and some other ones. I heard they fixed the durability bug, because death burner and zombie chopper would literally be garbage after like 4 swings. Before I would farm the GOTO for red metals and jackals using the masamune blade S because it had high enough single hit damage to just one shot things with the rage move.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How crappy would the experience be if I started new as a F2P today? Would I constantly get rekt by better players?

Unless they vastly changed the systems in play, the game doesn't really work like that. Everyone hits the same little walls when they get new grade fighters unlocked, but it's the worst at the higher end (when you unlock 5* and now 6* and you don't have yours leveled yet). I'm more curious how much "exclusive" stuff has come and gone. Or if they've made the grinding of mats less of a chore. I looooved this game, but that part really fucked me up.

Melchiah

I already beat the game, but I did also have death burner, zombie chopper, and some other ones. I heard they fixed the durability bug, because death burner and zombie chopper would literally be garbage after like 4 swings. Before I would farm the GOTO for red metals and jackals using the masamune blade S because it had high enough single hit damage to just one shot things with the rage move.

Ah, my bad. I have just unlocked the Masamune Blade, but it seems to be pretty effective, albeit a bit slow. A Hater killed me once with a single swipe using the rage move. =)

EDIT: The durability bug was apparently fixed before I started playing the game earlier this year, since the weapons last a lot longer than that for me. They also remain effective until the end, eventhough the damage decreases to some extent.

Unless they vastly changed the systems in play, the game doesn't really work like that. Everyone hits the same little walls when they get new grade fighters unlocked, but it's the worst at the higher end (when you unlock 5* and now 6* and you don't have yours leveled yet). I'm more curious how much "exclusive" stuff has come and gone. Or if they've made the grinding of mats less of a chore. I looooved this game, but that part really fucked me up.

You can prevent that by planning ahead, and gathering golden beasts, like Snails from Okusa 13F on tuesdays and saturdays, so you can level up a new fighter before venturing outside the base.

Speaking of which, I'm about to pick another grade 5 fighter, and I wonder which would be better, Skill Master or Lucky Star?

EDIT.2:
How crappy would the experience be if I started new as a F2P today? Would I constantly get rekt by better players?

You're only fighting AI controlled fighters of other players when you encounter Haters, or raid their bases. Your defenses will fail in the raids from time to time no matter what. When there's a war between regions higher level players can raid anyone. It's advised to keep your Kill Coins and SPLithium in the mail box until needed as it can't be robbed, and not put any fighters you don't want to lose on defense, since they can be captured. I learned that the hard way, when I lost one of my grade 5 fighters recently.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I decided to start climbing the tower again last night...Went in naked just trying to get an understanding of the mechanics. Still a super super fun game. Now I need to focus on crafting some 4*+ gear. Also, my storage chest is FULL of the "rare" shrooms now, ha. Feels good to have stockpiled those.

Melchiah

I decided to start climbing the tower again last night...Went in naked just trying to get an understanding of the mechanics. Still a super super fun game. Now I need to focus on crafting some 4*+ gear. Also, my storage chest is FULL of the "rare" shrooms now, ha. Feels good to have stockpiled those.

It seems like some veterans have returned to the game recently, since there has been more players with +1000 damage weapons in the expeditions during the past couple of days. I also encountered few harder-than-usual Haters yesterday.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It seems like some veterans have returned to the game recently, since there has been more players with +1000 damage weapons in the expeditions during the past couple of days. I also encountered few harder-than-usual Haters yesterday.

I'll have to keep that in mind as I attempt to start farming again...

Melchiah

jgUXD09.jpg

Finally reached the end yesterday, and beat the last boss on the first try. I thought I could never do it. Especially when it went differently from the YouTube videos I had seen;
I got no weapon to use against COEN, just armor which ended up being broken before the actual boss fight began. I also spent all the non-healing mushrooms during the first half of the fight against Taro
, broke all but two of my ~550 damage weapons, and ended up spending most of my saved Death Metals for revivals. I was actually amazed that I managed to beat him. The trophy for the boss is now the rarest one I have, and I'm not surprised that so few players had the determination to get there. Funnily enough, I also got trophies for "500 equipped weapons/armor broken" and "Die 100 times" during the fight.

It appears I unclocked grade 6 All-rounder in the process. I'll have to check it out in the evening, when my Fighter Freezer is finally upgraded for more space.

EDIT: Top of Finland. It's a good time to finally move on to something else, after spending most of this year's playing hours on beating the game, that was at times even more challenging for me than Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3.

3Npz7Xy.jpg

Drain You

First off sorry for the bump

Second, is there anyway to buy or listen to the entire soundtrack for the game? I heard a bunch of songs I really enjoyed while playing, but I haven't been able to find them. I know it was a crazy number of artists/bands that contributed to the soundtrack but I'd love to be able to go through it all and check it out. Some of the heavier songs especially.

big_z

First off sorry for the bump

Second, is there anyway to buy or listen to the entire soundtrack for the game? I heard a bunch of songs I really enjoyed while playing, but I haven't been able to find them. I know it was a crazy number of artists/bands that contributed to the soundtrack but I'd love to be able to go through it all and check it out. Some of the heavier songs especially.

Go into the arcade next to the girl that says you smell like poopies and theres a radio that lets you listen to every track.

Drain You

Go into the arcade next to the girl that says you smell like poopies and theres a radio that lets you listen to every track.

Didn't know this, and thats actually very helpful since I'm looking for a specific few tracks. Appreciate it!

I'm guessing no way to listen online though, besides the couple of random playlists people have aggregated on youtube?

big_z

Didn't know this, and thats actually very helpful since I'm looking for a specific few tracks. Appreciate it!

I'm guessing no way to listen online though, besides the couple of random playlists people have aggregated on youtube?

The radio lets you set your lobby music too. I think 000 or 001(cant remember) is random.

I haven't looked in a long time but I only came across youtube playlists. There is no soundtrack as far as I know. A few tracks might be different now too as I read some of the music got swapped out over time

Melchiah

Tokyo Death Metro has received some very welcome changes. Hopefully they'll stay in place.

https://www.letitdiethegame.com/news.html#/1869/tdm-battle-rush-begins!-9/28/2017
4) Updated rules in regards to abducting defending Fighters.
Period: 9/28/2017 (post maintenance) ~

– Abducted Fighters will now return to their players after a set period of time.
Until now, if an enemy's defending Fighter was abducted and not rescued by their owner, they would be reformatted and became the abductor's Fighter after 48 hours. Now, after 4 hours, the extraction will be complete and the abducted defending Fighter will return to their original owner.

– Abducted Fighters will no longer lose their belongings.
Until now, if an abducted Fighter was rescued or released via ransom, when they returned home they would come back naked and would have lost all items in their Death Bag and Skill Decals. Now, if a defending Fighter is abducted, they will no longer lose their belongings.
– After extraction of an abducted Fighter is complete, you will be rewarded with a Lost Bag.
Once an abducted Fighter has been held in captivity in your restroom for 4 hours and extraction has been completed, you will be rewarded a Lost Bag once they are sent back to their original owner.

Now is the time to start putting out your strongest Fighters to better defend your Waiting Room!

https://www.letitdiethegame.com/news.html#/1728/tdm’s-battle-rush-–-eve-9/7/2017!
1. Tokyo Death Metro Upgraded!
Event Period: 9/7/2017 (Post Maintenance) – TBD
– TDM Raids are now free. You do not need to pay Kill Coins anymore to participate in Raids.
– Your Fighters will not lose their decals and items in their Death Bags when they fail an attempted Raid.
– You have a chance to receive a Lost Bag when you successfully defend your base or raid someone else's. Items inside the bag are randomly chosen.
* Lost Bags may be given out for other events in future updates

+ Death Metal rewards for successful raids and defenses during the Battle Rush event.

Here's the road map of upcoming events:
RXFR4pC.jpg

There's good login bonuses still left for this week as well:
OUPm3Ud.png

Anyone on Gaf still playing this?

Just found out about new floors after becoming Champion of Barbs and putting it down in the spring

I need to farm White Steel!

Melchiah

Just found out about new floors after becoming Champion of Barbs and putting it down in the spring

I'm still playing it regularly, but I haven't gone to the new floors as I'd need tier-4 gear to survive there, and I don't really want to grind the materials for them.

TDM has been a lot more fun now, when you don't have to fear losing your raiders and defenders, and their gear.

An odd thing happened to me this week... I found the blueprint for the Lightning Wand, but its base damage is 325 instead of 98 mentioned here:
https://letitdie.gamepedia.com/Lightning_Rod
The cost and materials are the same. I wonder if it's been changed, or if it's a bug? Hopefully the former, since I love using it the way it is.

I quit it, but from the time that I played it I was surprisingly addicted. I was supposed to sleep after getting home from a night shift every day but I kept playing LiD whenever I got home.

It's a great game but I don't see myself going back to it. Maybe if it came out on Steam I guess.

Jumped back in over the weekend, pretty much started from zero (beat COEN for the first time, doing TDM for the first time). Cool game. Good depth, especially in the way that skills with use go up per weapon– more ARPGs could take a hint from that. The same with being able to swap between 3 different weapon slots on left and right. I only would like more combo/weapon swap possibilities from that, but maybe that comes later.

Top Bottom