• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Spman2099

I feel dumb asking these questions when I have been playing for more than 70 hours now, but am I able to take an elevator to the beginning of a climb quest? Like, if I have to kill all enemies from floor X to floor Z can I take an elevator to floor X to start the mission?

Baalzebup

I feel dumb asking these questions when I have been playing for more than 70 hours now, but am I able to take an elevator to the beginning of a climb quest? Like, if I have to kill all enemies from floor X to floor Z can I take an elevator to floor X to start the mission?
Yes, you can.

Kid Ying

I was playing right when the game started it's maintenance, so It stopped working while i was climbing the tower. I thought the game would make my character come back to the lobby, but no, he died. :/

Sande

I was playing right when the game started it's maintenance, so It stopped working while i was climbing the tower. I thought the game would make my character come back to the lobby, but no, he died. :/
Didn't you get several warnings about the maintenance?
Edit: Oh, wait, you probably did. They should clearly spell out "GTFO or die" for sure.

I read that if you don't issue any commands, the game won't try to contact the server but I don't know if that works for maintenance.

Add me to the club of Dudes Who Finished. Final boss fight and especially end sequence was super cool. I wonder if the February update is going to add new floors after 40?

They fixed my connection error that other people also experienced when doing expeditions.

I finally got the jackal yoyo blueprint, now to farm those ultra rare materials.....

They seem to add some new songs to the waiting room. I hope next update has a walkman item or something to use in the tower. Yamaoka's music is atmospheric but there are so many songs that it is a waste to be waiting room only.

Nice man. Now work on one-shotting Jackals like I've been doing all night ;)

I wish I had the supplies to do one shots consistently. I can do it with repaired snipers (really far behind on sniper r&d) and bird shrooms, but I'm really low on funfungus since the snipers break so fast. Though my low cost method of killing them is just fish fungus and 1 scorp shroom with a katana. Not really fancy but they die before confuse ends on my attacker.

Endo Punk

Managed to get two 3 star tattoos, adventure one and stealth. This game is frigging amazing. Building my gear up, stocking on mushrooms to finally push through floor 13 boss.

sJjnvA3.png

Collect my body if old.

Hah, Mushroom Stew menu item has now been renamed "Buy premium decals".
While raiding, some players' name is coloured red for some reason. I have not noticed that before the patch.

hyp

heads up, Dev Raids are showing up at lower ranks now. i'm rank 50 and swimming in Dev Raids. maxed out my SPL at 288k lmao.

Started at 31F Obara a few hours ago and went for the five star boss skip route and ended up at the 39F Nakasaki elevator :p
Was intense sneaking around the enemies and running for the last escalators without any armour. Now onto farming for the last fight.

I just started this.

Amazing so far.

One question, i joined Ireland.

Doesn't seem very active, have I made a mistake?

You can change once I see.

DigSCCP

Dammnnn Im shacking lol
Went from 25th to 30th in a single shot !
There was an elevator at 27th but I was not able to reach it due to a gate.
I was with a 91 Stricker everything was going well so I kept pushing looking for an elevator...only found it on 30th lol
In the meanwhile I found a Black Milk Metal and finally made ky first Motor Psycho.
Im grinding my mastery at this weapon right now, its my first 3* weapons !
Any tips for 30th boss ?
My stats :
Stricker 4* Lvl 103
Mastery at maximum on Iron, Machete, Bat, Hammer, Buzzsaw, Sword, Nail Gun.
Grindind : Motor Psycho ( lvl 4 ), Cleaver ( lvl 10 and Spear ( lvl 13 ) this last two I dont own the blueprints yet but receive a few of then from expeditions.
I have around 5 slow time and invisible shrooms each plus 3DM.
Am I good to the fight?

Dammnnn Im shacking lol
Went from 25th to 30th in a single shot !
There was an elevator at 27th but I was not able to reach it due to a gate.
I was with a 91 Stricker everything was going well so I kept pushing looking for an elevator...only found it on 30th lol
In the meanwhile I found a Black Milk Metal and finally made ky first Motor Psycho.
Im grinding my mastery at this weapon right now, its my first 3* weapons !
Any tips for 30th boss ?
My stats :
Stricker 4* Lvl 103
Mastery at maximum on Iron, Machete, Bat, Hammer, Buzzsaw, Sword, Nail Gun.
Grindind : Motor Psycho ( lvl 4 ), Cleaver ( lvl 10 and Spear ( lvl 13 ) this last two I dont own the blueprints yet but receive a few of then from expeditions.
I have around 5 slow time and invisible shrooms each plus 3DM.
Am I good to the fight?
I think you should be fine, especially with the amount of shrooms you have.

Baalzebup

There is still some fuckery going on with the climb quests. I had several of them active, and decided to tackle two of them at the same time: The quests were Weapon Limit, #001, requiring one to go from Maka-Tsutsumi to Yamadai with no weapons while killing everything. and Skill Limit #002, requiring one to go from Maka-Tsutsumi to Kaga with 3 or less Decals while killing everything.

I used the route Maka-Tsutsumi - Seyane - Yamadai - Usogaya - Kaga, and killed everything on the way as required. I had 3 decals and didn't touch or carry a weapon for the whole duration of the run. So how the everliving fuck did I get the completion for the latter, but not the former?!?!? At no point since I boarded the elevator to Maka-Tsutsumi did I have a weapon in my inventory, let alone equipped.

Edit: So changing my route to Maka-Tsutsumi - Ukongaoka - Kamoto - Yamadai got the Weapon Limit #001 quest done :S

hyp

despite people saying this issue was fixed, i wasn't able to complete a climb quest that required only using fire weapons. either the quests are still bugged and hater kills are nulling completion, or this was by design. frustrating to say the least.

Really wish you could access the rolodex during loads screens.

Are GAF all in one state/country?

Don't want to pick California, that's where the lame peeps are.

Spman2099

despite people saying this issue was fixed, i wasn't able to complete a climb quest that required only using fire weapons. either the quests are still bugged and hater kills are nulling completion, or this was by design. frustrating to say the least.

Some quests are still bugged. The fishing quest wouldn't work for me either.

Has anyone been able to complete challenge 150 also called skill limit 3, it's travel from Kamoto to Kinutamin killing everything with no skill decals. Done it several times and got nowt from it.

Sande

All this time I've been reading everyone talk about guardshrooms and mistaking them for toughshrooms.

Now that I reached F31, it all dawned on me. Holy shit, I thought toughshrooms were broken enough.

Syysch

Fucking hell the rapier is overpowered

To use or fight against? It's pretty beefy when you first start encountering it, but its damage falls off end-game, outside of its hilariously excessive combo anyway. Screamers will only jab once or twice, haters will go for the full combo, but there's a delay between hit 2 and 3 that you can punish during if you're not stunned.

To use or fight against? It's pretty beefy when you first start encountering it, but its damage falls off end-game, outside of its hilariously excessive combo anyway. Screamers will only jab once or twice, haters will go for the full combo, but there's a delay between hit 2 and 3 that you can punish during if you're not stunned.
Yeah when haters have it, seen a few people spam rapier haters for base defense

DigSCCP

I was just wondering my self what should I do.
The idea of avoid a boss fight with a 4 tier hater looks cool. So right now Im waiting to reach 35th with the route that comes on Friday. ( tnx for the tips throwawayname )
But then I realized that if I got tier 5 hater all haters will become level 5 and probably with fucking crazy gear what will make my way to 40th harder.
So I ask LetitDie GAF what should I do?
Avoid a boss fight with a low tier hater and then face haters all the way up with super gear?
Or just try to deal with the boss with my 4 tier hater and keep it until I reach some floor closer to 40th?
Or even better is it posible to reach 39th and activate an elevator wiithout facing a boss and then unlock tier 5 haters to the final battle?

Sande

The idea of avoid a boss fight with a 4 tier hater looks cool. So right now Im waiting to reach 35th with the route that comes on Friday. ( tnx for the tips throwawayname )
But then I realized that if I got tier 5 hater all haters will become level 5 and probably with fucking crazy gear what will make my way to 40th harder.
Avoid a boss fight with a low tier hater and then face haters all the way up with super gear?
Or just try to deal with the boss with my 4 tier hater and keep it until I reach some floor closer to 40th?
Or even better is it posible to reach 39th and activate an elevator wiithout facing a boss and then unlock tier 5 haters to the final battle?
I'm definitely getting tier 5 as soon as I can. Got a bunch of golden snails saved up for it. The gain in health and damage should be worth the tougher haters. I hope.

Btw. what was the skip route again? Togose > Katsuma > Uchinobu > Koshi-yama > Itsu-Tsukumo > Kurome > Komada > Hiranuma > Hiromatsu? If so, that sounds almost tougher than facing the bosses at Nitanda and Itanodai.

hbkdx12

Honestly, if you don't have golden snails to quickly boost your new grade 5 fighter, i'd say the work around isn't all that worth it for the reasons you laid out.

When i unlocked my grade 5 fighters, i too waited for and used the work around and pushed all the way to floor 39 to unlock the elevator. If IIRC, every other map rotation requires you to go through at least two bosses before finding the next elevator. The bosses themselves weren't terrible (with the right shrooms of course) but my main concern when considering this path was the idea of resource managment. I was concerned that my weapons and health consumables wouldn't last through all the bosses in one run. Maybe someone else can speak to that though.

hbkdx12

Don't you get grade 5 haters too when you're grade 4 anyways? I know I did.

Regularly invaders are capped at whatever your highest grade fighter is. I believe the only way you can be invaded by a higher grade is if your country in in the middle of a battle/war in which case i believe you can be invaded by any grade level fighter from the opposing country.

DigSCCP

Thanks a lot for the tips everybody !
I tried to defeat U10...got destroyed lol
Even tho it seems a battle that if I went more prepared I could deal with it.
Now I just need a Pure Aluminum to finally upgrade my Iron to the fire one that gives 5xx of damage, I think this plus right shrooms could be enough. Sadly PSN is down so I dont know if Im going to be able to do this today.
Anyway to try the route with no bosses tomorrow I have to kill U10 at 32th ?
And just one final question : I can reach 39th in one shoot with this alternative route or I have to go to 37th activate the elevator over there and keep pushing until I reach 39th?
Will take 5DM with me on this route ( tnx bugged quests you were unlocked at perfect time ) so I think this strategie could work.
Right now all I want is the "easiest" way to : unlock tier 5 haters + activate at least another elevator no matter if its on 37th or 39th.
If its not asking too much could anyone tell me what floors I have to aim so I don't waste time and more importantly resources in this atempt.

Spman2099

Any suggestions on where I should send my people on expeditions? Gold Snail farming isn't in season, and I am not getting any Gold Rats from Kaga. Is there another location worth pursuing?

DigSCCP

I DID IT SENPAIS, I DID IT !
Thanks everyone for the tips, especially throwawayname that send me a PM with the complete route to reach 39th!
I spent : 6 DM, 4 Slowshrooms, 4 Guardshrooms and 4 Invisible shrooms, 2 complete armor sets, 1 Express Pass, weapons and consumables !
Now time to grind tier 5 and some gear to the final battle !

DigSCCP

^Sweet. I'll try that tonight.

Not the best time for a fight though. Fuck you Norway!! :D

Lol
Brazil is fighting California right now, I found tier 5 haters on almost every floor until I reach 39th.
One hit kill in some cases.
Im glad I did some quests yesterday to get some extras DMs.

hyp

finally got to the top of the tower just in time for Nioh. however, the urge to grind out all the other goodies in the game is gonna keep me busy for a long time. the ending was epic, and it's definitely one of my favorite grind games of all time. look forward to the new content!

I think California needs to be nerfed. At the very least anyone who has a IP outside of the USA should be automatically kicked out of Cali.

I think California needs to be nerfed. At the very least anyone who has a IP outside of the USA should be automatically kicked out of Cali.

They really need to remake the way teams work in this game. Most teams have never been in a fight at all. Size shouldn't be a big advantage.

Maybe they could just randomly put teams against each other once a week.

HeelPower

I guess its F2P so I cant complain ,but I just started the game and the constant barrage of text and super fiddly controls are getting on my nerves.

I DID IT SENPAIS, I DID IT !
Thanks everyone for the tips, especially throwawayname that send me a PM with the complete route to reach 39th!
I spent : 6 DM, 4 Slowshrooms, 4 Guardshrooms and 4 Invisible shrooms, 2 complete armor sets, 1 Express Pass, weapons and consumables !
Now time to grind tier 5 and some gear to the final battle !

Your welcome!

I think I burned out on this game and I'm on floor 39 right before the boss with ~80 hours.. wanted to finish the tower before the february update arrives.
Sometimes I think I should be playing a different game that respects my time, all that grinding and constant loadscreens...

hbkdx12

Your welcome!

I think I burned out on this game and I'm on floor 39 right before the boss with ~80 hours.. wanted to finish the tower before the february update arrives.
Sometimes I think I should be playing a different game that respects my time, all that grinding and constant loadscreens...

If its any consoliation,
If you eat a bunch of guardshrooms in the waiting room and go to floor 40 naked with 2 or 3 slow shrooms, you can beat the boss in like 2 mins.

hyp

If its any consoliation,
If you eat a bunch of guardshrooms in the waiting room and go to floor 40 naked with 2 or 3 slow shrooms, you can beat the boss in like 2 mins.

serious. once you get guardshrooms it's game over. the hardest part of this game are floors 21-30.

Skrams

Fell of the wagon a while ago because 23F goto was a giant sponge without a fucking lot of shroom effects. I'll come back when I have time since I still love the game, but there's too many current games that I want to put time into first. I'll probably come back around after the summer drought starts around May or so.

I did just spend $6 on the 30 Death Metal Package and the limited time dollar 10 Death Metal package. Also only now realized there was a free PS+ pack with free items. 45 metals total which was just enough to max my storage. Feels good. Good reason in game and good reason to support the devs.

I'll probably just stuff a bunch of Slowshrooms, Stingshrooms, and whatever in my mouth for goto.

Oh, and I still usually do daily logins for expeditions and login bonuses/box.

Top Bottom