• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening (20th Anniversary)

Roto13

LinksAwakening-Intro.gif
LinksAwakeningDX-Intro.gif
LinksAwakening-Intro2.gif

LinksAwakening-Sword.gif
LinksAwakening-Monkey.gif
LinksAwakening.gif

LinksAwakening-Goombas.gif
LinksAwakening-Skeletons.gif
LinksAwakening-Cello2.gif

LinksAwakening-MadamMeowMeow.gif
LinksAwakening-MoblinKing.gif
LinksAwakening-BowWow.gif

LinksAwakening-GopongaFlower.gif
LinksAwakening-Darkness.gif
LinksAwakening-MovingPlatform.gif

LinksAwakening-Hinox.gif
LinksAwakening-Level2Map.gif
LinksAwakening-VacuumTrap.gif

LinksAwakening-PiranhaPlants.gif
LinksAwakening-Genie.gif
LinksAwakening-ConchHorn.gif

Chrome am cry.

Lifted from here.

jackal27

Banned
I just beat Link's Awakening for the first time!.... TT_TT

It was so good though. I loved the characters and the story so much. For once the dungeons were kind of my least favorite part though. Some were pretty great, but were rediculous (EAGLE TOWER WTF!?). The music was probably my favorite part though. Man... This game. So good. Definitely my favorite 2D Zelda. Boomerang FTW.

Anyway, now onto Ocracle of Seasons!

VARIA

I've personally always preferred the soft monochrome look of the original.

When the GBC version came out I felt that the colors were out of sorts with what my imagination had pictured all the years before.

Random Trivia: The American release of this version was censored from the Japanese version in the item the mermaid has lost (Necklace instead of her missing Bikini top) and boobs on the Hippo that the croc artist is drawing in Animal Town.

Add me to the list of people who prefers the black and white look, it just feels right to me...I played the DX version but I just love the original more.

Yep, I would definitely be interested in a Zelda game built around these side-scrolling sections. And yes, I played Adventure of Link, and it was good, but the ones in this game were fun and engaging despite the limited level design.
Might be because they were occasional though, so in a sense, these were surprising and fresh when they popped up. Maybe not so much in a full game... Would be interesting to bring back the concept of side-scrolling Zelda though.

I just went to the Legend of Zelda Symphony in Atlanta a couple of days ago (the day of the 20th anniversary), and they had an entire orchestrated Link's Awakening movement. It was AMAZING.

Coreda

Found an original promo sheet for Links Awakening DX in my Japanese copy of Ocarina of Time.

Haven't played LA before, but from all the positive posts here it sounds like it's well worth it.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I just got this from the eShop as my Gold gift. This game is GOOD, and as a whole, i dislike the Zelda series. I've only ever finished Zelda NES and I've tried at least three times to play LTTP, and every time I quit that game about half way through. None of the 3D Zelda captured my interest at all.

Needless to say I am loving loving this game so far. It's the first Zelda game that doesn't feel like a chore and I'm excited to get back to playing everyone I put it down. Maybe it's because I just love jumping! It's so fun!

I just got this from the eShop as my Gold gift. This game is GOOD, and as a whole, i dislike the Zelda series. I've only ever finished Zelda NES and I've tried at least three times to play LTTP, and every time I quit that game about half way through. None of the 3D Zelda captured my interest at all.

Needless to say I am loving loving this game so far. It's the first Zelda game that doesn't feel like a chore and I'm excited to get back to playing everyone I put it down. Maybe it's because I just love jumping! It's so fun!

Nice to see you're enjoying it! If you finish the game and are looking for more you should check out the Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages games on the 3DS VC. They're pretty similar in structure to Link's Awakening and play relatively the same so I think you'd enjoy them as well!

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour

After you finish Link's Awakening, you should give LTTP another chance. It's a sluggish game at times, but it's a worthy Zelda in it's own right.

Top Bottom