• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Pt II |OT| Oh Ellie...I think they should be terrified of you

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
That is true but at the end of the day move on, If you ask me most great artists create something divisive once in their career. This might the gaming equivalent to Bob Dylan going electric.
It’s internet, if they don’t like something they have to scream about it in every social media.

PanzerAzel

I never felt like Druckman hates me. He even extended to an olive to the Quartering so he doesn't even hate his enemies.
I don’t take his gesture to the Quartering as entirely borne of selflessness. He has self-interest in that move because he knows it will garner him favor in being seen as the bigger man, and it’s working. He’s no dummy.

The way Druckmann promotes some of his message betrays a contempt and little regard for those who consume his work.

Guilty_AI

The game is such trainwreck that the whole thing is just entertaining.
You know, as much as i also think this is a trainwreck, you really shouldn't come here just to force that onto others.
The people here already made up their mind to play it regardless of whats coming, just let it be. We can laugh all we want about the game and Druckmann on the spoilers thread.

Shady_PL

Banned
You know, as much as i also think this is a trainwreck, you really shouldn't come here just to force that onto others.
The people here already made up their mind to play it regardless of whats coming, just let it be. We can laugh all we want about the game and Druckmann on the spoilers thread.
I just don't want them to be shocked by it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’m psyched to play this. Are you more entertained than you were with Death Stranding’s opening? Better than God of War and someone comes knocking?

Moogle11

Banned
Dang, mine didn't preload, probably because I had a system update pending. Oh well, it should be ready by Midnight, or at least the part shown that's needed to start, and I doubt I'l play late tonight as I'm pretty tired.

JimiNutz

Banned
A couple of hours in.... Damn :messenger_frowning_

Good old Kaz can always be counted upon.

This is funny but also true on both levels. My Pro is doing its usual best impression of a plane engine but the sound design in the game is also a huge step up. The Clickers sound genuinely scary, don't play this game too high kids lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

PanzerAzel

A couple of hours in.... Damn :messenger_frowning_

This is funny but also true on both levels. My Pro is doing its usual best impression of a plane engine but the sound design in the game is also a huge step up. The Clickers sound genuinely scary, don't play this game too high kids lol
How are the gun reports? As powerful as the first?

JimiNutz

Banned
How are the gun reports? As powerful as the first?

To be honest, I've barely shot anything so far lol

What I've heard from the guns sounded decent but didn't stand out to me as much as the sounds coming from the infected. I'm so early in and have shot so few rounds that it's hard for me to really tell though.

Guilty_AI

I wish people would just move on and stop using this as a weapon in the culture war. Either you like it or you don't but try to rain on the parades of those who are looking forward to it.
I can't blame them, theres just too much comedy gold in this game, and some of it is totally related to cultural war stuff

Reactions: 888
2hrs in too. Feels a lot like more of the same. I hope it gets more surprising. The story is promising.
Graphics are far from the best this gen.
Yeah I agree. There are good set pieces, but there something "soft" about the graphics. I don't know how to explain it. Definitely not the best looking game this year.

REE Machine

Banned
Oh no theres alot of film grain you can't turn off 🙈.

Not the end of the world but still very noticable.
hopefully bring it over via patch, any game I get i go straight to the menue to turn off any processing effects such as motion blur, from grain etc. They ruin the visuals

Last edited:

Jbomb19

The game is such trainwreck that the whole thing is just entertaining.

xefmzkf.jpg

skneogaf

I really wish I hadn't watched the trailers as I have definitely been spoilt by them.

Hopefully the end has some stuff that I haven't already seen or put two and two together to guess what happens.

Also

They nailed it on the year it was released as this is the most 2020 thing I've ever seen.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I just don't want them to be shocked by it.
I don't know why people like you are so desperate to spoil things for others. You guys are so obsessed with this that you feel the need to tell people that the game sucks. Let people judge for themselves, they don't need a person who hasn't played the game to tell them what to enjoy. lol

And no, watching leaked videos is not enough.

Last edited:

dotnotbot

Nice to see the worst troll in this thread has 'PL' in the nickname . Makes me really proud of my shitty country.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Shit like is why the possibly valid criticism of the game might be snoozed off

be better

Anyone saying things like to her is clearly immature, disturbed, or just plain wrong.

I also get the impression she may have a bone to pick with this game at this point.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Yoooo. Buying that PS4 Pro for this was WELL worth it. 1 minute in im already mind blown graphically. My first ever game in 4K lmao. (i know its not real 4K, be quiet)

Top Bottom