• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Pt II |OT| Oh Ellie...I think they should be terrified of you

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Just over 5 hours and 30 minutes left.

I'll be back after playing at least a few hours of this game.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Just over 5 hours and 30 minutes left.

I'll be back after playing at least a few hours of this game.

Is it worth the risk? Some people got it earlier so I'm not going to come back to talk about until I've finished a substantial amount of the game.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Is it worth the risk? Some people got it earlier so I'm not going to come back to talk about until I've finished a substantial amount of the game.
I agree with you. The negativityOf this place is hardly the place to foster the enjoyment of a game, especially a highly anticipated one.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I agree with you. The negativityOf this place is hardly the place to foster the enjoyment of a game, especially a highly anticipated one.

Yep, that as well. I'm going into this and letting the story take me where ever it wants me to go. The last thing I want is any other negative distractions. This is going to be an experience.

Reactions: Isa

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wish me luck everyone.

OK FUCK.

I need to get this out.

This game (after having only played 30 minutes of it) is so engrossing. I love how the characters interact, how they animate, how they show emotion.

It's like i'm watching a really good TV series or movie. The graphics are great however i would have liked Naughty Dog to take more advantage of the Pro's horsepower. Though the game has really amazing details.

I can't wait to get home to play more.

saintjules

Have to wait until 12PM ET tomorrow because Gamestop opens later under regulations. Should be a good, long journey for sure.

Last edited:

Biff

What's the latest word on multiplayer / Factions? Will it be coming as DLC specific to TLOU2, or will it be a standalone game?

Trying to decide if I should physical or digital this. If Factions is standalone, then I can trade in the physical once done single player. But if Factions is DLC, then I need the base version anyway so I can just digital download this at midnight to start playing right away!

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
The trophy list is really small. Possibly the smallest I've seen in a AAA game. Lots of golds and silvers. Interesting!

Keihart

Has someone play it here already? i don't know if i start tonight or tomorrow because i don't really want to spend to much time in a slow introduction if i play it tonight

Woggleman

I personally know somebody who is about ten hours in and loves this game. People I hear about who have actually played it seem to like it very much and if they don't they at least have an intelligent argument against it like Skillup. I most likely will not agree with him but I respect him. If people don't like it then play something else. It is not healthy to be that obsessed with something you hate.

THEAP99

Banned
What's the latest word on multiplayer / Factions? Will it be coming as DLC specific to TLOU2, or will it be a standalone game?

Trying to decide if I should physical or digital this. If Factions is standalone, then I can trade in the physical once done single player. But if Factions is DLC, then I need the base version anyway so I can just digital download this at midnight to start playing right away!
Earlier this week a dude with an early copy who’s a trophy hunter heard that the multiplayer game is gonna be stand alone free to play, & have its own trophy list.

saintjules

I personally know somebody who is about ten hours in and loves this game. People I hear about who have actually played it seem to like it very much and if they don't they at least have an intelligent argument against it like Skillup. I most likely will not agree with him but I respect him. If people don't like it then play something else. It is not healthy to be that obsessed with something you hate.

Yeah, I respect Skillup's review, but I know once I play it I may end up finding things I'll disagree with him on.

For instance there's going to be people who focus alot on story to see if it makes sense overall and if it ties things together. Then there's others that don't mind if the story is average so long as the gameplay and combat feel excellent. It's going to be a mixed bag for some, but the there will be people who will seriously enjoy this game which will outweigh the minority that don't.

Last edited:

Woggleman

If this game is such a trainwreck then why spend so much time obsessing over it? I didn't like Death Stranding but I just moved on and worried about other things.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If this game is such a trainwreck then why spend so much time obsessing over it? I didn't like Death Stranding but I just moved on and worried about other things.
The thing is people have their own idea how the story should go, so when devs doesn’t follow what they expect then they considered it “trainwreck”.

Droxcy

iu

Wife gave me permission for a midnight release, which fellas, when a woman is 8 mos. pregnant is no small feat. It's gonna be sweet, got my buddy coming over and my baby sister coming too. Gonna finish the last 2 hours of TloU that we didn't finish last week and then jump straight into the sequel at midnight. I'm so stoked.

Have fun!

Biff

Earlier this week a dude with an early copy who’s a trophy hunter heard that the multiplayer game is gonna be stand alone free to play, & have its own trophy list.
Oh nice! Was this published somewhere? Or a post on GAF??

Woggleman

The thing is people have their own idea how the story should go, so when devs doesn’t follow what they expect then they considered it “trainwreck”.
That is true but at the end of the day move on, If you ask me most great artists create something divisive once in their career. This might the gaming equivalent to Bob Dylan going electric.

Top Bottom