• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Pt II |OT| Oh Ellie...I think they should be terrified of you

Game just unlocked for me, and fair warning to OG ps4 owners:

Holy cow, this game makes my ps4 on jet mode. I can barely play it with just tv speakers, definitely going to use the headphones.

And look, this is something I've never really complained until recently - but it's obvious later ps4 games take a huge toll on the OG ps4.

Rayderism

Well, I still have to work tomorrow, so I can at least play for about an hour or so tonight when it unlocks at midnight. My job announced a plant shut-down for next week (the timing couldn't be better), so I know what I'll be doing. :messenger_beaming:

cormack12

Gold Member

Holy cow, this game makes my ps4 on jet mode. I can barely play it with just tv speakers, definitely going to use the headphones.

And look, this is something I've never really complained until recently - but it's obvious later ps4 games take a huge toll on the OG ps4.

Damn, this is why I'm holding off to see of this is the norm. If i have to use headphones i wanna experience this with all dat 3d reality shine.

Damn, this is why I'm holding off to see of this is the norm. If i have to use headphones i wanna experience this with all dat 3d reality shine.

Yeah the sound is intense. I have to put my ps4 farther away from my station just so I don't hear it.

Other than that, the opening is slow.

Game is gorgeous, but I'm still waiting for things to pick up - story wise.

Tsukumo

Not the pro? The og?

GymWolf

oh cmon nobody has the game yet? usually in forums there is always the guy who has the game before release date...

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Is there a mode with less crafting? More weapon durability? How am I suppose to immerse myself in a game where I can break a fire axe by killing 4 people

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Is there a mode with less crafting? More weapon durability? How am I suppose to immerse myself in a game where I can break a fire axe by killing 4 people
Because Axe literally can one shot your enemy, it breaks so you won't be overpowered. This game if played on hardest difficulty is all about fighting with little resources you have left.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I don't like stealth... but I liked first game. It was not "Very" stealth

From what I heard you can turn up and down individual difficulty settings, so if you wanna be Rambo Ellie maybe turn resources such that you won’t be scrounging for ammo. I’m planning on default normal the first play.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
From what I heard you can turn up and down individual difficulty settings, so if you wanna be Rambo Ellie maybe turn resources such that you won’t be scrounging for ammo. I’m planning on default normal the first play.
I heard they are going patch the Grounded mode, if they patch it day one I'm planning to play the game in Grounded mode from get go. This type of games are 100 time more fun playing on hardest difficulty.

Moogle11

Banned
I don't like stealth... but I liked first game. It was not "Very" stealth

Might just be a matter of keeping going. With the stuff they've shown with the dogs etc. that make stealth harder, I'd have to imagine stealth becomes a bit less of a focus and weapons more plentiful further in.

I wouldn't expect crafting to calm down though, there was a lot of crafting of upgrades to melee weapons, molotovs etc. in the first one as well.

I usually play these types of games as trying stealth and then going into kill people mode if I get detected. Hoping that will work for me this time as well. That said, I don't have qualms about dropping difficulty if I'm not having fun. I didn't have to in the first game though as normal was fine and hoping for the same here.

I've been on a blackout, so I haven't seen anything on this. From the reviews, does it seem like you spend more time killing varied mutants, or will I just be shooting people again for most of the adventure?

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I heard they are going patch the Grounded mode, if they patch it day one I'm planning to play the game in Grounded mode from get go. This type of games are 100 time more fun playing on hardest difficulty.

Godspeed fam, sounds like torture to me hah

You've come this far don't spoil it for yourself now 😛😊

I mean, if it's mostly humans, I'd rather just know that part ahead of time so I can prepare for the disappointment. I actually hated those parts of the first one. Not because I don't want to kill people, but they were stale compared to the mutants and them having new abilities/types.

Maybe I'll just wait and catch it on a sale in a few months.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
I mean, if it's mostly humans, I'd rather just know that part ahead of time so I can prepare for the disappointment. I actually hated those parts of the first one. Not because I don't want to kill people, but they were stale compared to the mutants and them having new abilities/types.

Maybe I'll just wait and catch it on a sale in a few months.

I love both parts.

I don't know for sure but I think there will certainly be a good mix of both.. and a fair few at the same time 😁

ExpandKong

Banned

Haven’t you heard? Neil Druckmann doesn’t make fun games anymore.

Bartski

Gold Member
Ta33XGt.png

There is something surreal about this. Such a long time coming...

Skipped all final trailers, previews, reviews and the State of Play to go in as blind as possible.

I have never gone such great lengths to dodge spoilers on the internet as with this after the shitstorm began.
Somehow I managed not to see any leaked video or screenshots, but I can't unread some stuff that I have read early on before the clips were out.

Major plot points, listed, don't know if true. If so - nothing there to justify the outrage IMO or make me any less hyped about the game.
Maybe there is more to it. I'm about to find out.

Have a good weekend guys

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I'm prepared, I'm mature and smart enough to not get mad about a work of fiction.

Nobody is questioning your maturity or your intelligence or your sanity. But will you promise to come back and tell us what you really think about the work of fiction when you’ve played it?

Jbomb19

Ta33XGt.png

Skipped all final trailers, previews, reviews and the State of Play to go in as blind as possible.

I have never gone such great lengths to dodge spoilers on the internet as with this after the shitstorm began.
Somehow I managed not to see any leaked video or screenshots, but I can't unread some stuff that I have read early on before the clips were out.

Major plot points, listed, don't know if true. If so - nothing there to justify the outrage IMO or make me any less hyped about the game.

Have a good weekend guys

I'm so excited for you and everyone else to play this game! And I can't wait to discuss it after I'm done playing it. Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

Hostile_18

Banned
Ta33XGt.png

Have a good weekend guys

You really are the last of us!

Enjoy 😁

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Ta33XGt.png

Have a good weekend guys

Will you let us know if there's a patch to download, please.

Gamerguy84

6 hours USA EST.

I have 2 PROS that are clean but since we know its demanding it would be a perfect time to open your PS4 and clean it if it struggles sometimes.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I'm downloaded & ready for whatever craziness Druckman has come up with.

Going to boot the game up at midnight & install any day one patch that may be needed. Then I'll be ready for a wild woke weekend in the post apocalypse (y)

Seriously though, after all this time & all the drama, I can't wait to finally experience it for myself & make up my own damn mind.

hunthunt

Banned
Nobody is questioning your maturity or your intelligence or your sanity. But will you promise to come back and tell us what you really think about the work of fiction when you’ve played it?

sure buddy why not, its just a game. I'm gonna love to discuss about it in a couple of weeks when all is done.

Top Bottom