• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Pt II |OT| Oh Ellie...I think they should be terrified of you

Super hyped! More so than for any other game this generation...

The original game was a massive bright spot in an otherwise hellish year for me. It helped me and my younger brother (who was turning 18 that year) who I had drifted apart from since around 2006 reconnect and bond which was amazing.

The game had a huge impact on me at the time, and I played through it several times in the months (and years) that followed its release. No game since has come close for me in terms of the characters/story and my level of emotional investment.

I just finished TLoU:R for the first time in more than two years this morning (it’s already Thursday morning in Western Australia where I am) and can’t believe I’ll be playing Part II a mere 14 hours from now!

If I love it even half as much as the original I’ll be happy.

Excellent OT! I’ve been wondering when this will post!

I will be living here with y’all for the next week or so!! Woohoo! Taking a week off just to play and get absorbed after so many weeks with no days off is exciting as hell!

It's been a long wait.
UnknownElegantHoneybee-size_restricted.gif

Matsuchezz

iu

Wife gave me permission for a midnight release, which fellas, when a woman is 8 mos. pregnant is no small feat. It's gonna be sweet, got my buddy come over and my baby sister coming too. Gonna finisht the last 2 hours of TloU that we didn't finish last week and then jump straight into the sequel at midnight. I'm so stoked.

That sounds awesome, I too told the wife I am not going to be available all this weekend, Life is paused for me..
It's been a long wait.
UnknownElegantHoneybee-size_restricted.gif

I was watching that clip today I did not believe her crying.

I am going to pick mine to my games store first thing friday morning is a couple of blocks away from home. I can't believe we get the GoTG this friday.

Last edited:

rapid32.5

Digital Deluxe pre-ordered, my 2nd pre-order of this Gen. Pretty impressive feat if u ask me. First was Control.

Skyr

My copy is already waiting for me at home and I still have a whole day of work in front of me 😩

carlosrox

Banned
If I download this on my PS4 can I go and download and play it on another PS4?

I got a last minute reservation at EB Games but they couldn't guarantee me a copy since it was so late.

I'm torn between physical and digital, there are pros and cons to both.

Hostile_18

Banned
The best way to play games is to take things slow, immerse yourself, look at everything, get some headphones, and play it loud in a dark room.

This game will take me many hours. I took a long time with the first one and this is supposed to be even longer!

Theres so many details to pick up on in Naughty Dog games, I'm in no rush to beat it. The thought of it been the longest title yet really excites me.

Gamernyc78

Banned
I'm fucking ready!!! Pre-ordered since last week, loaded and ready to gooooo!! Friday I don't own this game, it owns me.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Gamernyc78

Banned
The best way to play games is to take things slow, immerse yourself, look at everything, get some headphones, and play it loud in a dark room.

This game will take me many hours. I took a long time with the first one and this is supposed to be even longer!

The audio and atmosphere with clickers was so good and intense in part one. I always remember the turning on the generator part down below and also some dark rooms with clickers in them. So fucking tense, headphones a must.

JimiNutz

Banned
The audio and atmosphere with clickers was so good and intense in part one. I always remember the turning on the generator part down below and also some dark rooms with clickers in them. So fucking tense, headphones a must.

I played through Remastered again recently and remember this part well.
There were clickers, stalkers and a bloater down there and I had barely any ammo. Tense shit.

shubik

I´m on the fence of pre-ordering digitally and starting the pre load... It´s so stupid because I usually want the good games to be physical but the thought of being able to play ad midnight kind of makes me want to do it :D

I low key hope to get a copy later at Saturn a couple of mins. before they close down for the day. I´m sure they will start to put the decoration up and prepare everything for the launch of tomorrow.

So... do I wait? Do I buy and install and don´t sleep the whole night like an idiot?!?!

Ahhh I love home office

Last edited:

Falcs

Banned
I've read and watched all the leaks.
This game is not for me.

But I'm looking forward to seeing reactions.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I've read and watched all the leaks.
This game is not for me.

But I'm looking forward to seeing reactions.
what about the game play? The story may not be for you, but what about controlling the character, crafting items & weapons, and climbing over objects? The story can be secondary.

TTOOLL

what about the game play? The story may not be for you, but what about controlling the character, crafting items & weapons, and climbing over objects? The story can be secondary.

That's why I'll play it when it's dirty cheap or given on PS+.

Last edited:

DZ_b_EZ

Unfortunately, It looks like I won't get the game until Tuesday, fuck my life.

But Thankfully I'll have the day off. With all the stresses and fear I've been dealing with, I NEED this game right now. FFVII Remake helped with the "Virus is killing us" situation, but now I need help escaping from the "cops and racists are killing us for minor annoyances" situation.

*sigh*.....

Solarstrike

Pre-ordered the Ellie Edition in February from Best Buy (USA store). My order was confirmed. Then a few months later Sony says the game is delayed indefinatly. Then Best Buy changed the release date to December 21, 2020. Now my order says December 31, 2020 for release date and has not changed. This is fking bullshit. Tried to call their customer support for the past week, the prompt says on average to wait on hold 1hr 30mins. Absolutely ridiculous. Then tried their online chat help, no one answers the screen chat. Anyone else here having the same problem? Great OT by the way!

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Unfortunately, It looks like I won't get the game until Tuesday, fuck my life.

But Thankfully I'll have the day off. With all the stresses and fear I've been dealing with, I NEED this game right now. FFVII Remake helped with the "Virus is killing us" situation, but now I need help escaping from the "cops and racists are killing us for minor annoyances" situation.

*sigh*.....

Wow, man, what a bummer

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Just bought the game in time for pre order extras 7 hours before release - now only 1 and a half hours left before midnight (Asia) - and im so stoked.

Funny enough, I watched through the spoilers but decided to just let the game take its course before making a decision.

The gameplay looks like an evolution of the first, and that's really all I'm hoping for.

Won't get too hyped up in the story until I finish it.

If anyone is yearning for screenshots, I can try sharing some once I get my hands on it in 1 hour or so time.

But I can't help but feel most of you rather experience it yourself :messenger_grinning:

Aggelos

To be fair, TLOU games ARE an accurate simulation of a world that's gone 10-20 years with no police force.

That's a very good point. It hits the nail directly on the head, by simulating how our world would be, should there be no law enforcement whatsoever for a decade or so.
Aside from the mutated monsters of course (that remain part of science fiction up to this date)

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
have not been this pumped for a new game in a while. gotta finish the last chapter of ff7:r tonight so that I'm not juggling the two at once

I’m trying to bang out the last of FF7 too and I’m starting to get frustrated with how padded out it is! I’ll have about two hours between the kid going to bed and TLOU2 unlocking to wrap it up in chapter 17

Top Bottom