• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Part II - State of Play announced 05/27 (1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm UK)

Geki-D

Banned
Her tits are too problematic for Neil’s political agenda to be also modeled, that’s the point.
Wow, this is zealot levels of denial right here.

Yet again, who are these people?:
8621039f4093d7e46f771bf3b9c634fe.png

Jon Neu

Banned
He can do what he wants with his art, doesn't bother me none as long as it's a good game.

True, he can do the game he wants.

We are just pointing his obvious political agenda that he himself has alluded and acknowledged while some people scream that the existence of that agenda it’s a “silly conspiracy”.

For some reason, they negate the reality of it because they think that’s their best bet at damage controlling the situation.

-People complain about the agenda

-What agenda!!? You’re crazy!

-Meanwhile, Neil Cuckmann in his press conferences: “Well, I have this secret agenda based on my heroine Anita Sarkeesian...”

-No, he doesn’t, you fucking (insert descalifications here)!!!1!

-And repeat.

sendit

Different art style, but the last of us 2 is way ahead on a technical level - the faces, the animation, the lighting are much better imo.

GoT is fully open world, day/night cycles, and dynamic weather. From a technical standpoint, GoT is doing much more.

Last edited:

Kinda ridiculous that Colin has the second biggest gaming patreon and the biggest PlayStation podcast and they wont send him a copy of the game because of his politics...
This really needs to change. The guy did nothing wrong and is more decent than 99.9% of people in the industry.

I'll look forward to his review.

Politics is a nice way to describe views that are sexist, racist and homophobic. Perhaps it's that the people who created this game don't see his views in the same sanitized light you do. Opinions that pose material harm to millions of innocents, for the simple reason that they are distinct from the status quo, aren't merely political. They are signals of hate meant to normalize oppression. Colin is a hack "journalist" and a member of the alt-right. Good on Naughty Dog for not legitimizing him.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Politics is a nice way to describe views that are sexist, racist and homophobic. Perhaps it's that the people who created this game don't see his views in the same sanitized light you do. Opinions that pose material harm to millions of innocents, for the simple reason that they are distinct from the status quo, aren't merely political. They are signals of hate meant to normalize oppression. Colin is a hack "journalist" and a member of the alt-right. Good on Naughty Dog for not legitimizing him.
One of his best friends is Dave Rubin, who happens to be gay.... he was also very friendly with Lucy O'Brien who is gay and I've never seen him say one racist thing, ever.

The only thing he ever really did that was controversial was that joke 'ah, Peace and quiet #adaywithoutwomen' ...which is very tame, when you had Tim talking about which Disney Princess he wanted to violate....

This cancel culture is a cancer on society and it's done with zero proof, it's disgraceful and the people who do it are usually way way worse.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

Mate, that's utter bollocks. Perhaps you've forgotten what forum you're on because this sort of shallow comment has no place here. I don't usually get rubbed up the wrong way so easily but you've managed it with one post. It oooozes SJW ... sorry.

Last edited:
Politics is a nice way to describe views that are sexist, racist and homophobic.

Quote his views.
Show they are "sexist, racist and homophobic".

Perhaps it's that the people who created this game don't see his views in the same sanitized light you do. Opinions that pose material harm to millions of innocents,

Show that an opinion - as opposed to incitement to action - can be harmful.
Show his opinions are harmful to "millions of innocents".

for the simple reason that they are distinct from the status quo, aren't merely political. They are signals of hate meant to normalize oppression. Colin is a hack "journalist" and a member of the alt-right. Good on Naughty Dog for not legitimizing him.

Define oppression in objective terms.
Define alt-.right.

One of his best friends is Dave Rubin, who happens to be gay.... he was also very friendly with Lucy O'Brien who is gay and I've never seen him say one racist thing, ever.

The only thing he ever really did that was controversial was that joke 'ah, Peace and quiet #adaywithoutwomen' ...which is very tame, when you had Tim talking about which Disney Princess he wanted to violate....

This cancel culture is a cancer on society and it's done with zero proof, it's disgraceful and the people who do it are usually way way worse.

Being gay doesn't exempt you from suspicion of being a Nazi. Ask Ernst Rohm. Colin is a member of the alt-right. He is a racist, a sexist and a homophobe. Platforming him is not something Naughty Dog should do, if they wish to remain in the good graces of the millions who purchase their products. And, Dave Rubin has said plenty of racist things, unless your definition of "racism" is limited to calling a black man the N word or saying Hispanics are illegals. There is nuance to racism, and alt-right clowns like Rubin know this.

Mate, that's utter bollocks. Perhaps you've forgotten what forum you're on because this sort of shallow comment has no place here. I don't usually get rubbed up the wrong way so easily but you've managed it with one post. It oooozes SJW ... sorry.

I thought I was on a forum where all views are accepted, unlike Resetera, where far left orthodoxy is enforced. People have said this place is open to free discussion, so long as it isn't combative and discriminatory. Not sure what you could have possibly taken from my personal assessment of Colin to think I'm in violation of that.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Being gay doesn't exempt you from suspicion of being a Nazi. Ask Ernst Rohm. Colin is a member of the alt-right. He is a racist, a sexist and a homophobe. Platforming him is not something Naughty Dog should do, if they wish to remain in the good graces of the millions who purchase their products. And, Dave Rubin has said plenty of racist things, unless your definition of "racism" is limited to calling a black man the N word or saying Hispanics are illegals. There is nuance to racism, and alt-right clowns like Rubin know this.
This is laughable, do you expect anyone to take this seriously with no facts, no evidence, just empty accusations....
Anyway, this is a thread about TLOU2, we should steer this back to topic.

If you want to discuss politics, there is a section for that. You can tag me and I will discuss in good faith with you if you so desire.

Being gay doesn't exempt you from suspicion of being a Nazi.

You better start supporting your claims with direct quotes. Otherwise, I will start calling out the villainy and intellectual dishonesty in what seems dangerously close to a smear campaign.

Ask Ernst Rohm. Colin is a member of the alt-right. He is a racist, a sexist and a homophobe.

Again, quote him. Show his views are "racist, sexist and homophobic".

Platforming him is not something Naughty Dog should do, if they wish to remain in the good graces of the millions who purchase their products.

Who the fuck elected you as representative?
Ah, no one fuckling did!
You don't get to act as the spokesperson of million of gamers.
What a pathetic remark.

And, Dave Rubin has said plenty of racist things, unless your definition of "racism" is limited to calling a black man the N word or saying Hispanics are illegals. There is nuance to racism, and alt-right clowns like Rubin know this.

Quote Dave Rubin.

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I thought I was on a forum where all views are accepted, unlike Resetera, where far left orthodoxy is enforced. People have said this place is open to free discussion, so long as it isn't combative and discriminatory. Not sure what you could have possibly taken from my personal assessment of Colin to think I'm in violation of that.

I wouldn't expect you to be banned for that, nor would I want you to be banned for that. Freedom of speech doesn't negate negative reactions. Everything you said there was so over the top and inaccurate about Colin. He's not Alt-right, he's not homophobic and he's not sexist.

shubik

True, he can do the game he wants.

We are just pointing his obvious political agenda that he himself has alluded and acknowledged while some people scream that the existence of that agenda it’s a “silly conspiracy”.

For some reason, they negate the reality of it because they think that’s their best bet at damage controlling the situation.

-People complain about the agenda

-What agenda!!? You’re crazy!

-Meanwhile, Neil Cuckmann in his press conferences: “Well, I have this secret agenda based on my heroine Anita Sarkeesian...”

-No, he doesn’t, you fucking (insert descalifications here)!!!1!

-And repeat.

meanwhile, I´m still waiting on your explanation of how his agenda (as he pointed out he wants to create female characters that are not oversexualized by men and are worthy of being an idol for his kids) is actually ruining this particular game for you or previous games.

You stated already numerous times that you are not gonna buy the game. So what's the deal here? Are you having online meltdowns over every piece of fiction that you consider as agenda-driven and that you are actually not even gonna buy or consume? Why bother than?

Every piece of art/fiction (call it whatever you want it) has an agenda attached to it. Because they are made by humans. And humans have opinions on all kinds of stuff. Every character you ever saw/red is based on something. Do you disagree with the creator?. That happens. Does that automatically mean that you can´t enjoy the whole product? Let´s make an example. Have you seen a Mel Gibson movie? I hate the guy. He is an antisemitic piece of shit. But he makes good movies (at least he used to). Crazy huh?

One last thing: I find it utterly disturbing that there are grown-ass dudes out there who feel threatened or triggered by a game because one of the characters in the game has smaller titts than the original actress portraying her. I mean WHAT THE FUCK my dude :D Do you sometimes listen to yourself?

I´m done with you.

Quote his views.
Show they are "sexist, racist and homophobic".

Show that an opinion - as opposed to incitement to action - can be harmful.
Show his opinions are harmful to "millions of innocents".

Define oppression in objective terms.
Define alt-.right.

Pedantic requests for "proof" seems to be the new tactic in world where racists can no longer hide from accountability of their views. "Show me where he said something racist!!!!!" What do you want to me do? Link Rubin podcasts. I mean, the guy gives an audience to eugenists like Sam Harris without any push back.

Shmunter

Don’t be a sheep. Look behind the curtain, doesn’t take much effort.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Pedantic requests for "proof" seems to be the new tactic in world where racists can no longer hide from accountability of their views. "Show me where he said something racist!!!!!" What do you want to me do? Link Rubin podcasts. I mean, the guy gives an audience to eugenists like Sam Harris without any push back.

Oh, so now Sam Harris is a eugenicist. I'm sorry, man but you sound extreme to say the least.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
So much disrespect in gaming forums. It’s just sad. Might be my old age but i am constantly reminded why I stopped frequenting here.

Pedantic requests for "proof" seems to be the new tactic in world where racists can no longer hide from accountability of their views.

Exactly what I thought.

Nothing. You have nothing to support your claims, aside from hot air.
This vicious filthy campaign of lies of yours is not going to fly. Your dishonest tactics will be called out, don't you worry.

The lunatic left's arsenal is comprised of insults, smears and unsupported claims. When asked to define their terms, they shrug. When asked for supporting evidence, they tap dance.

This isn't kindergarten. You are going to have to back up your claims, otherwise you will quickly build up a reputation as the newest smear campaigner around here.

"Show me where he said something racist!!!!!" What do you want to me do? Link Rubin podcasts. I mean, the guy gives an audience to eugenists like Sam Harris without any push back.

You make the claim, you provide the evidence. It's very straightforward. It's epistemology 101.

Unsubstantiated claims can be disregarded without substantiation. If you feel you can just vomit claims away without one shred of evidence, then no one needs to pay your claims any more attention than what they'd pay to sputum on the pavement.

So far your conduct has been shameful and utterly pathetic.

Last edited:

Terenty

Wow, straight from the NPC factory. But there was a mistake in logistics it seems when they dispatched you. Resetera is another forum

sobaka770

Banned
Bah Colin Moriarty is not alt-right, just conservative-leaning. He shouldn't have posted that Women's Day tweet in the way he did. At best it was a cheap stupid joke, at worst it's incredibly sexist for no good reason.
Sony has every right to not want such association because they do make games that are now more gender-inclusive and don't need that stain associated with them (I mean the Tweet, not Colin in general).
Colin will do just fine with his base and Patreon, a lot of reviewers of all sides of the spectrum and youtubers don't get advanced copies.

That being said, he's not also a hack GAMING journalist, and he doesn't rage at SJW agenda nonsense in TLOU2 without any basis for it and actually playing the game from what I know so clearly he has any right to play and give his opinion on the game without excessive harassment.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Sony has every right to not want such association because they do make games that are now more gender-inclusive and don't need that stain associated with them (I mean the Tweet, not Colin in general).

Lets be real here. Colin basically got the old "run out of town on a rail" treatment by powerful vested interests within the gaming media. Sony's PR are in the business of garnering interest and selling copies, so they obviously are going to treat Colin like he's radioactive out of concern for blowback from his enemies.

Its not noble, in fact its kinda chickenshit, but it is the absolute right play from a marketing standpoint.

Same deal applies to the heavy-handed way Sony clamped down on people talking about the leaks. I can fully believe that some Youtubers got DMCA'd in error because Muso TNT (the company Sony hired to handle this) were over zealous. But again, its understandable, and in the end anyone reliant on YT needs to understand that DMCA complaints are part of the price of doing business on that service.

But of course, if you're a raging anti-SJW both these things glom on real nice to the existing narrative that Sony generally, and ND in particularly are part of the leftist axis of evil, and TLOU2 must be struck down in retaliation.

I'm sure there are a few people reading this frothing at the mouth and calling me a filthy apologist for pointing this out, but the bottom-line is that its all about business not politics. Sony aren't investing millions into TLOU2 so Neil Druckmann and co can stand on a soapbox, they are doing it because they expect to sell a fuckton of copies. The desire to protect that investment on its way to fruition goes without saying.

Gotta say that there's an awful irony here in that these anti-sjw types appear to have a blind spot for basic capitalism, it kinda marks them out as being specifically identitarian right-wing, as opposed to generally right-of-center.

Last edited:

shubik

Lets be real here. Colin basically got the old "run out of town on a rail" treatment by powerful vested interests within the gaming media. Sony's PR are in the business of garnering interest and selling copies, so they obviously are going to treat Colin like he's radioactive out of concern for blowback from his enemies.

Its not noble, in fact its kinda chickenshit, but it is the absolute right play from a marketing standpoint.

Same deal applies to the heavy-handed way Sony clamped down on people talking about the leaks. I can fully believe that some Youtubers got DMCA'd in error because Muso TNT (the company Sony hired to handle this) were over zealous. But again, its understandable, and in the end anyone reliant on YT needs to understand that DMCA complaints are part of the price of doing business on that service.

But of course, if you're a raging anti-SJW both these things glom on real nice to the existing narrative that Sony generally, and ND in particularly are part of the leftist axis of evil, and TLOU2 must be struck down in retaliation.

I'm sure there are a few people reading this frothing at the mouth and calling me a filthy apologist for pointing this out, but the bottom-line is that its all about business not politics. Sony aren't investing millions into TLOU2 so Neil Druckmann and co can stand on a soapbox, they are doing it because they expect to sell a fuckton of copies. The desire to protect that investment on its way to fruition goes without saying.

Gotta say that there's an awful irony here in that these anti-sjw types appear to have a blind spot for basic capitalism, it kinda marks them out as being specifically identitarian right-wing, as opposed to generally right-of-center.

Finally, someone who understands that in the end this is a business we are talking about. And ND as well as the TLOU brand are probably the biggest assets Sony has.

Of course, they will do everything they can to protect their property with the end goal to generate as many sold units as possible.

dDoc

Exactly. That's what I'm failing to understand. What about the game/the original game screams "SJW?" Keeping in mind that the game isn't out yet so no one knows for sure what themes, narratives, etc. are in the actual game. I think the discussion about the TLOU2 will be more productive once it's released and everyone experiences the game exactly how Naughty Dog intended.

This brings to mind that panel Neil appeared on that was presented by a lesbian. Nothing wrong in this per se, however this person isnt into games and the reason she was chosen is because of her sexual orientation.

Also that trans kid on the same panel. Seems he isnt that nice in real life going by what he posted on twitter.

Druckmann handing an AWARD to Sarkeesian. Seriously?

Why select these specific people if not forced inclusiveness? Only 3 things that came to mind immediately when some people started asking for proof of a ND/Druckmann agenda.

Im sure there's more like Ellie being conveniently lesbian.

Also I didnt read spoilers for TLOU2 as I will prolly still play the game but my mates who did are all shouting SJW.

Last edited:

Tomeru

Disney Star Wars, undoing Han's character development and turning him back to a smuggler and a dead beat dad, Luke Skywalker turned into a hermit so that Rey can shine brighter and be better than them.

Look at Westworld season 2 as another example of destroying established male characters to prop up female characters(skip to 10:50 if you're in a hurry):

Thats not proving anything here. Ellie was as important in tlou as Joel. She is not a new character. How can using her as the mc come at the expense of anything? If the last skywalker film was about a young princess Leia, you wouldnt be using this analogy.

In regards to the WW clip - thats just an opinion. No proof in there what so ever besides him saying words to emphesize why that show is bad. It was bad from the begining. 🤷‍♂️

shubik

This brings to mind that panel Neil appeared on hat was presented by a lesbian Nothing wrong in this per se, however this person isnt into games and he reason she was chosen is because of her sexual orientation.

Also that trans kid on the same panel. Seems he isnt that nice in real life going by what he posted on twitter.

Druckmann handing an AWARD to Sarkeesian. Seriously?

Only 3 things that came to mind immediately when some people started asking for proof of a ND/Druckmann agenda.

Im sure there's more like Ellie being conveniently lesbian.

Also I didnt read spoilers for TLOU2 as I will prolly still play the game but my mates who did are all shouting SJW.

I agree with you on that panel. But that being said, all three examples you just mentioned have absolutely nothing to do with the game itself. How many units have they sold? 20 Mio? How many people of that 20 mio have seen that pannel do you think? Don´t get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from and it is absolutely ok to ask questions but so far not one of ND games has shown clear signs of a political agenda (at least I´m failing to see one).

Regarding TLOU2 nobody so far knows. Let´s wait and see. Something tells me that a lot of people will look really silly in a couple of weeks when we all played the actual game instead of judging it´s content on some video leaks and already proven wrong written leaks.

sobaka770

Banned
Well I guess in that case the sensible thing is to just chill, play the game and come back afterwards. I didn't read the leaks, however their veracity is questionable and you can't replace a story told properly as Naughty Dog intended vs a written recap.

I mean Joel's daughter dies at the beginning of LoU yet the emotional impact is not the same if I just write it as is vs experiencing the sequence in game. Just like Ellie being capable, hardened and a lesbian was already established in LoU and DLC and it was done quite tastefully. I have much more faith in the developers (who are hundreds working on a game, not just Druckmann) with spotless track record than claims based on some leaks and a conference.

dDoc

Also the Twitter posts from that ND employee (surname starts with a C I think forgot detail) who posted that if you're not of their mentality then ND dont want them to buy their games. Aint that part of an agenda?

I think that's enough proof in this and previous posts that show that unfortunately ND DO have an agenda.

dDoc

all three examples you just mentioned have absolutely nothing to do with the game itself

Why insist on having a lesbian presenter who has no clue about games?

Why select a trans kid to represent an ingame character?

There are rumours that Sarkeesian did some consulting on TLOU2.

ND employees posting on Twitter their views.

Again I havent read spoilers for obvious reasons but my mates that did are all telling me "you just wait and see, you're gonna be disappointed." I undestand they gleaned this info by reading spoilers/viewing vids from the game leaked online and its not representative of the full game, however I think we have enough info to confirm that ND or its higher ups at least DO have an agenda.

Last edited:

shubik

Also the Twitter posts from that ND employee (surname starts with a C I think forgot detail) who posted that if you're not of their mentality then ND dont want them to buy their games. Aint that part of an agenda?

I think that's enough proof in this and previous posts that show that unfortunately ND DO have an agenda.
Once again an example (as much as I dislike what she said)that is not part of the actual game. The same thing goes for the hinted relationship between Nadine and Chloe. Yes, there are cards and postings and shit. But was it in the game though? And Again I have to ask, how many people do you think actualy saw that tweet of that chick?

dDoc

Once again an example (as much as I dislike what she said)that is not part of the actual game. The same thing goes for the hinted relationship between Nadine and Chloe. Yes, there are cards and postings and shit. But was it in the game though? And Again I have to ask, how many people do you think actualy saw that tweet of that chick?

The one Im referring to was a dude. Sorry forgot his name/surname. So there was more than one :)

shubik

Why insist on having a lesbian presenter who has no clue about games?

Why select a trans kid to represent an ingame character?

There are rumours that Sarkeesian did some consulting on TLOU2.

ND employees posting on Twitter their views.

Again I havent read spoilers for obvious reasons but my mates that did are all telling me "you just wait and see, you're gonna be disappointed." I undestand they gleaned this info by reading spoilers/viewing vids from the game leaked online and its not representative of the full game, however I think we have enough info to confirm that ND or its higher ups at least DO have an agenda.

As I haven´t touched the leaks I can´t tell and I have no problem admitting that I´m disliking something. If ND put all that crap in the game than I agree with you. But so far, nothing points to it (at least for me) and I remain positive that ND once again delivers something that I will love.

Stooky

In a collapsed world, everything females would have to survive is sex and hotness. In a world based on the survival of the strongest, females would be at the mercy of the far more stronger men. It has happened through history in societies much more civilized than the one in TLOU2.
If you make a game tell that story. Obviously that’s not the story NaughtyDog is try tell. It’s not true that in every broken society every single women turned prostitution. It sounds like you want a 70s soft core Bikini horror b movie.

J3nga

I hope not all them locations are this dark, grey and gritty. Sure it seems like locations portraying overall game's gritty tone, but I'd love to see some nice, shiny locations.

Kerotan

Hints from people with review copies and such seem to all been extremely positive thus far. Pretty akin to pre- God of War (2018) embargo lift. Not sure what he’s talking about.

We are even allegedly getting first impressions on Monday.
Music to my ears. I'm getting this day 1 on psn.

sobaka770

Banned
I will say this: the animations work that Naught Dog has done with the new tech is honestly mindblowing. The smoothness, transitions, the animations of the characters are extraordinarily realistic.

At the same time, interactions with certain game objects is something I hope the next PS5 game can improve upon. I found it slightly jarring that the animations prerecorded in motion matching are so real yet you still have weird things happening like knife that Ellkie folds doesn't really go into her jeans, molotov is vanishing somewhere on her body, the plank she picks up kind of jumps off the ground into her hand for split second. These small uncanny valley things are much more visible because everything else in motion is just SO GOOD.

Top Bottom