• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Part II - State of Play announced 05/27 (1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm UK)

(ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD, PLEASE)

UPDATE: Live stream available right here: One hour to go from time of posting this:

-------------------------------------------------------------

The stream will air on Wednesday, May 27th, at 1:00 PM Pacific Time

SoP_TLOUP2_Social_16x9_US-2.jpg

Hi all – we’re putting the finishing touches on a new episode of State of Play that will air this Wednesday, May 27 at 1:00pm Pacific Time / 4:00pm Eastern Time on Twitch and YouTube.

Naughty Dog Vice President and The Last of Us Part II Director Neil Druckmann will give you a special preview of The Last of Us Part II, coming to PS4 June 19. Neil will walk you through details of the gameplay experience and story.

The current cut is clocking in a little more than 20 minutes, ending with an extended sequence showing off about eight minutes of never-before-seen gameplay.

And no, there won’t be any PS5 news or updates in this episode, just a deep dive into the world of The Last of Us Part II.

8 minutes of never before seen gameplay. No PS5 related news.

Doesn't MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima come back this day too? COINCIDENCE????

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Agreed with others on the forums in regards to going in with little known as possible. The Last of Us (Remastered) was an incredible experience for me when i first played it on the PS4 Pro. Didn't know anything about the game other than it was "good". Just an brilliant journey start to finish.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I don’t get it. I don’t see an audience for this. I mean the people who saw the leaks saw more than enough. The people who didn’t are trying to avoid all the games media to not be spoiled. Who wants to watch this?

hemo memo

Gold Member
I'm guessing this mostly about gameplay rather than story, there are people who wants to see hows combat works on this game.

They already showed that tho. The release date is very close. People can wait but I guess not because this exists.

Javthusiast

Banned
Saw the leaks. Do I like the content shown there? Not really... Well actually it's hard to judge when not seeing it in the context of the full game that is long instead of seeing snippets of some cutscenes.

Will I buy the game day one? Fuck yes, for the gameplay alone it's worth it for me, especially with all the new improvements and better ai and graphics etc.

Will I watch the state of play? Fuck yeah, seeing couple of minutes of gameplay won't spoil an over 20 hour long game.

Aion002

I don’t get it. I don’t see an audience for this. I mean the people who saw the leaks saw more than enough. The people who didn’t are trying to avoid all the games media to not be spoiled. Who wants to watch this?
I want.

I don't think that only the sp is enough for me to buy it. However, if the gameplay captivates me, I might.

I need to see the mechanics, the replayability, if the overall game structure is enough to make me interested.

Javthusiast

Banned

I don't get this way of thinking. 20 minutes of gameplay of a over 20 hrs game, especially if the gameplay is truly just sneaking around a bit and shooting, is not spoiling anything.

Last edited:

replicant-

I would be careful of the Stream chat if you don’t know the spoilers.

Will be interesting to see if the disable the thumbs up and down again.

mejin

We do know what to expect since we had one of Ghost of Tsushima. Focused on gameplay.

Reactions: Isa

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
From a gaming perspective, two things worry me. I'm a stealth player and a couple of things have been said that suggest it may not be the experience I like. The dogs bother me in that they follow scent so going out of line of sight is no longer an option; at least not a long term strategy. Secondly, although they've added climbing and crawling, they've also adjusted the AI to begin looking in those places you could be hiding. I fear that we'll be forced into constantly moving or eventually into direct combat. I like to hide and watch, planning my approach, and then execute on my plan. The thrill is to have gotten it perfect. If that possibility is stymied by the dogs or better AI then I'm not going to enjoy TLOU2.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
You are on a game enthusiasts forum. You are already convinced.

It's like Final Fantasy 7: Remake. We already know how the story is going to play out, but some of us still want to experience the game.

But there's still we don't know about TLOU Part II because the final parts of the game (including the ending) hasn't been leaked.

I don't get this way of thinking. 20 minutes of gameplay of a over 20 hrs game, especially if the gameplay is truly just sneaking around a bit and shooting, is not spoiling anything.
Some people like me are cautious b/c Naughty Dog has spoiled good things before. They spoiled the vehicle chase sequence in UC4 at E3 that year. That was easily the best sequence in the game and yet they ruined it by showing it so long before the game was out. Some of us don't want that to happen again.

Eliciel

at this point it is really just going to be playing the game. I don't need to look at a 25 minutes explanation about what the game is going to be. The game is releasing soon enough...I think I can contain myself for 3 weeks..

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Kagero

The general public still know anything about this game. All they know is that it's coming, and that they will buy it. Hard core gamers that go to these sites only account for a small number.

Fbh

They'll have a white man doing the presentation??....yikes, not watching that.

Seriously though I'll probably watch it. Loved the first one and having not read the spoilers I'm still looking forward to the this.

Top Bottom