• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind expansion announced

If i wasn't playing Dragons Dogma Online, i'd probably jump back into this game. But I cant find myself having a lot of fun with ESO. Something about it is just........meh about it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I want to be able to name my bear (and my Daedra for that matter).

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Sounds impressive. I've barely scratched the surface of the main game (lvl 25 and still working through the Stonefalls with a few minor diversions) and 4 expansions I got with my edition, so I think I'll hold off to see how reception is and/or a price drop/sale.

So far, my only complaint with TSO is the overpriced stuff in the crown store. Oh, and some of the voice acting, but what can you expect?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
po4RorT.png

UMjZVA9.png

kevin1025

Banned
So I have Tamriel Unlimited on PS4, but not the Gold Edition with the expansions. I wasn't super paying attention, did they mention a full bundle where it's the Gold edition plus Morrowind, or only Tamriel Unlimited with Morrowind?

Kadin

In the past, all additional content added was included with the subscription fee. This specifically is an exception or is this how it's going to be in the future as well? I sub to the game and I'll buy this, just wondering if their past design to all of this is now changing.

LiQuid!

So I have Tamriel Unlimited on PS4, but not the Gold Edition with the expansions. I wasn't super paying attention, did they mention a full bundle where it's the Gold edition plus Morrowind, or only Tamriel Unlimited with Morrowind?

Sounds like the 4 Gold Edition DLCs will remain a separate thing.

SRTtoZ

In the past, all additional content added was included with the subscription fee. This specifically is an exception or is this how it's going to be in the future as well? I sub to the game and I'll buy this, just wondering if their past design to all of this is now changing.

Yea I don't know, I'm guessing the sub will always include the smaller 'DLC' stuff, but we will have to buy the big expansions.

Somnia

The sub includes the DLC, this is a larger scale expansion. They'll still have smaller scale DLC's like in the past.

I get the impression that this is such a significant addition to the game that they are pretty unwilling to give it away for just a sub fee.

Plus is the new class added by the expac? So would you just no longer have access to that character when your sub runs out?

Kadin

I get the impression that this is such a significant addition to the game that they are pretty unwilling to give it away for just a sub fee.

Plus is the new class added by the expac? So would you just no longer have access to that character when your sub runs out?
I'm hoping that if you purchase this and your sub runs out, you'll still get full access to everything it came with. I imagine that to be the case, including the additional class.

Somnia

I'm hoping that if you purchase this and your sub runs out, you'll still get full access to everything it came with. I imagine that to be the case, including the additional class.

You will, this is a separate thing than normal DLC. This is a full blown expansion to the game and it just adds to it if you buy it.

They already hinted at DLC for this expansion though.

That is almost certainly the case. You have to buy this to have access to the new stuff, and you'll retain that access (just as you do with the base game, or the DLC) when you are not subbed.

The only thing you lose while not subbed are the bonuses and the crafting bag.

LiQuid!

Morrowind housing sounds awesome. I've been saving money for the last month to buy a house in Daggerfall but now I'm thinking I might save a couple more months and get a mansion on Vvardenfell...

Kadin

That is almost certainly the case. You have to buy this to have access to the new stuff, and you'll retain that access (just as you do with the base game, or the DLC) when you are not subbed.

The only thing you lose while not subbed are the bonuses and the crafting bag.
And the crafting bag alone, to me, is worth the sub. lol

Morrowind housing sounds awesome. I've been saving money for the last month to buy a house in Daggerfall but now I'm thinking I might save a couple more months and get a mansion on Vvardenfell...
Yep that's what I'm doing. I'll probably get a free home for now.

TissueBox

PVP sounds interesting...never really got to trying it when I played myself, wonder if this will be a fresh angle.

Also cautiously excited for what they do with Vivec but either way it's just cool to explore Vvaardenfell again, hoping for the best.

I wonder if I get the $80 pack as a new player, if I would also need to purchase the DLC for the base game separately (aka, is it the Gold Edition or just the base game)?

Lucifon

Holy moly hype. I can't wait to get stuck into this, and June is such a perfect time to release when the game schedule is generally quiet.

Pretty much confirms Scorpio support if they're going this hard on supporting the game still. Have played on PC then PS4 but the most finally on XB1 as we have a set group, so Scorpio support will be huge for me.

I really want that CE for the book but I dread to know the price...

LiQuid!

I wonder if I get the $80 pack as a new player, if I would also need to purchase the DLC for the base game separately (aka, is it the Gold Edition or just the base game)?

I'm a little confused about different editions as well. Are the past DLC items considered "expansions"?

I said above, I'm fairly certain the Gold Edition DLCs are separate things. You still get them included in the subscription, but they are not a part of the "Tamriel Unlimited" base pack, and they don't appear to be apart of the Morrowind expansion. This expansion seems to be the first new content released that isn't under the umbrella term of "DLC" so it's a separate, new tier of thing.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I really wish I could get into ESO, but I can't. I've tried at least a half dozen times with different characters and I never get beyond like level 10 before my interest just wanes entirely.

Top Bottom