• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Callisto Protocol |OT| Galaxy of Terror

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Finished Bayonetta 3 and the new Dark Pictures game in the last two days. Found both mediocre. I've still got God of War Ragnarok to finish off but THIS is getting top priority gonna pick it up tomorrow after work. Looking forward to it.

Jesus why wasting a game with great production values on an oversized tablet?

I will never understand people who play anything more than indie and nintendo games on a fucking portable (and i personally prefer to play indies on my oled aswell)

Worse performances, worse audio, worse graphic, worse controller, small ass screen, limited battery life...but hey at least you can play directly in the toilete in the case the game is too scary...

Fuck me.
Whats funny is the fact that you’re so offended by something that doesn’t affect you at all. Play the game on your fucking million inch OLED, no one cares. Everyone’s situation is different.

Tomorrow: Sony announces Vita 2.

Ass of Can Whooping:

FaUbaebDVjtiElwQfMZ53Z8hqNUhUxEw5j-7DV1c-Xw.png

Even dogshit looks appealing when it's announced by Jim Ryan

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Gymwolfs shit take aside I'm happy to be on board. My most anticipated game this year.

Does anywhere have a coupon code or something for this one? Not seeing it on greenmangaimg or cdkeys.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Does it have worse textures\details\effects? or just no rtx refelctions and worse shadows and AO?!
Well I am going off the Pics posted in here, looks like its a downgrade on all aspects you mentioned and 1440p.
Mid-gen refreshes needed IMO

Edit:
Just seen these on twitter so maybe not so bad, but has me curious on the fidelity mode..

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Well I am going off the Pics posted in here, looks like its a downgrade on all aspects you mentioned and 1440p.
Mid-gen refreshes needed IMO

Edit:
Just seen these on twitter so maybe not so bad, but has me curious on the fidelity mode..

"Absurd" lol

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Some pics from the Performance mode on Xbox.

Good thing the game lets you turn off grain and blur.

Leon's jacket found its way here somehow.

Fi6SPcGWAAAIvlV

GymWolf

Yeah combat in this game just make you appreciate how good the combat feels in tlou2...

Not sure what i'm doing wrong but the evade move seems totally unreliable and sometimes enemies just jump and grab you and eat some of your health and you can just mash a button to get free, feels way more clunky than tlou2 but i'm just like 90 min in and barely fought 4-5 enemies.

Jump scares are not remotely as good as dead space for now, but the audio design is great and the death animations are pretty great so far.

Maybe i just have to assimilate the whole combat system a bit better, i'm not ready to give all the fault to the game, coming from ragnarock and his pixel perfect dodge system, almost everything should feel clunky in comparison, maybe i just have to re-adjust myself.

But it definitely feel clunkier than tlou2, the game with the most similar, slow and heavy combat system, especially against multiple enemies, the combat is suited for 1vs1.

Also like i suspected, the details on the protagonist are the only thing remotely nextgen-ish looking (at least on ps5, maybe on pc it looks much better)

This is a crossgen ass game unless the beginning is like the weaker area of the game by far.

Edit: ok after some experimenting i think i understand why the evade move was unreliable, the game somehow doesn't like a soft touch on the stick, when you press the stick you have to completely end his run and keep the stick pushed in the direction for a bit or the evade move is incomplete even if the animation look the same, it's hard to explain but if you have problems, just try to do strong/steady movements, not half assed ones, it feels a bit strange and i thought i was crazy but if i force myself to do like this the evade is always reliable.
Maybe i'm just not used to use the sticks to evade because usually the evade/roll is just pushing a button but i swear it feels like the game want you to use the entire run of the stick.

They still grab you at random tho.

Last edited:

drotahorror

I was not trolling, i really would never play anything more than a pixelated indie on a portable for a number of reasons, the lack of emoticons made look the post more serious than it really was and i always write like an abrasive jackass, i thought you were already used to it:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Thought similar til I got one. Now I can give off the illusion that I AM spending family time with wife and child. I'm not a hermit just playing games by myself. I've been playing a lot of Fight Night Round 4 on RPCS3 and every now and then, I'm not, "Wife, LOOK AT THIS KNOCKOUT" As I Mike Tyson uppercut someone's face off.

Yeah combat in this game just make you appreciate how good the combat feels in tlou2...

Not sure what i'm doing wrong but the evade move seems totally unreliable and sometimes enemies just jump and grab you and eat some of your health and you can just mash a button to get free, feels way more clunky than tlou2 but i'm just like 90 min in and barely fought 4-5 enemies.

Jump scares are not remotely as good as dead space for now, ut the audio design is great and the death animations pretty great so far.

Maybe i just have to assimilate the whole combat system a bit better, i'm not ready to give all the fault to the game, coming from ragnarock and his pixel perfect dodge system, almost everything should feel clunky in comparison, maybe i just have to re-adjust myself.

But it definitely feel clunkier than tlou2, the game with the most similar, slow and heavy combat system, especially against multiple enemies, the combat is suited for 1vs1.

Also like i suspected, the details on the protagonist are the only thing remotely nextgen-ish looking (at least on ps5, maybe on pc it looks much better)

This is a crossgen ass game unless the beginning is like the weaker area of the game by far.

Edit: ok after some experimenting i think i understand why the evade move was unreliable, the game somehow doesn't like a soft touch on the stick, when you press the stick you have to completely end his run and keep the stick pushed in the direction for a bit or the evade move is incomplete even if the animation look the same, it's hard to explain but if you have problems, just try to do strong/steady movements, not half assed ones, it feels a bit strange and i thought i was crazy but if i force myself to do like this the evade is always reliable.
Maybe i'm just not used to use the sticks to evade because usually the evade/roll is just pushing a button but i swear it feels like the game want you to use the entire run of the stick.

They still grab you at random tho.
I think I recall watching something in which the developers said they wanted the movement and every action you do to be deliberate.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Yeah, 10 gig day one update as I'm about to start the game.

Last edited:

apowhungo

Just started a first run but cant look past the 30fps (on PS5) how do I turn on performance mode... kinda pissed.

edit: You can only toggle it in main menu.

Last edited:

tommib

Hmm, I’m playing it on quality just as a tourist before the deep dive after work and I think our thread for best graphics was launched too soon. This looks AMAZING to these poor old eyes. Goddamn!

Umbasaborne

Banned
Im sticking to 30 fps on ps5. It just looks so good, and ive accepted that as more next gen only games come out were going back to 30 fps, i bet deadspace wont have a performance mode on consoles for example.

tommib

Im sticking to 30 fps on ps5. It just looks so good, and ive accepted that as more next gen only games come out were going back to 30 fps, i bet deadspace wont have a performance mode on consoles for example.
I think I’ll stick to quality as well. It looks too good. PC gamers are in for a treat with high frames and this quality.

0 loadings on PS5.

Last edited:

tommib

I’ve been wanting to share some screens but PSN must be bugged or something. It’s not uploading them to the cloud.

So howvis the frameratevon Series X?

Oh know your mistaken. I'm not trashing the framerate in the Series X version. No idea why you would assume that.

I'm just saying that people choose 60FPS for the framerate. As long as its really good a visual downgrade isn't a huge deal. When I choose performance mode I want a solid framerate so I don't mind the visual downgrades.

Oh know your mistaken. I'm not trashing the framerate in the Series X version. No idea why you would assume that.

I'm just saying that people choose 60FPS for the framerate. As long as its really good a visual downgrade isn't a huge deal. When I choose performance mode I want a solid framerate so I don't mind the visual downgrades.
What? I’m just asking how is the framerate on SX ..?

Top Bottom