• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for October: The Callisto Protocol, Farming Simulator 22, Weird West

Draugoth

Gold Member
20f0cde2494f040108506677541b47e5d7d894ef.jpg

The Callisto Protocol | PS5, PS4

In this narrative-driven, third-person survival horror set 300 years in the future, take on the role of Jacob Lee – a victim of fate thrown into Black Iron Prison, a maximum-security penitentiary located on Jupiter’s moon, Callisto. When inmates begin to transform into monstrous creatures, the prison is thrown into chaos. To survive, Jacob must battle his way to safety to escape Black Iron Prison, while uncovering the dark and disturbing secrets buried beneath the surface of Callisto. Using a unique blend of shooting and close-quarters combat, Jacob will need to adapt his tactics to combat the rapidly evolving creatures while scavenging to unlock new weapons, gear, and abilities to outrun the growing threat and escape the horrors of Jupiter’s Dead Moon.

Farming Simulator 22 | PS5, PS4

Take on the role of a modern farmer and creatively build your farm in three diverse American and European environments. Farming Simulator 22 offers a huge variety of farming operations focusing on agriculture, animal husbandry and forestry – now with the exciting addition of seasonal cycles!

More than 400 machines and tools from over 100 real agricultural brands like John Deere, CLAAS, Case IH, New Holland, Fendt, Massey Ferguson, Valtra and many more are included to sow and harvest crops like wheat, corn, potatoes and cotton. New machine categories and crops add new gameplay mechanics to the experience. Run your farm cooperatively in multiplayer and extend the game by a multitude of free community-created modifications. Farming Simulator 22 offers more player freedom than ever before and challenges you to become a successful farmer – so start farming and let the good times grow!

Weird West | PS5, PS4

Discover a dark fantasy reimagining of the Wild West where lawmen and gunslingers share the frontier with fantastical creatures, each playing with their own rules and their own peculiar motives in this isometric action RPG. The game supports different styles of play in a simulated sandbox world where characters, factions, and even places react to a player’s decisions, and players are faced with brutal choices and consequences that can’t be undone – including death. Discover the world through origin stories of different characters, moving from one character’s journey to the next until all converge in a final chapter.

Last chance to download September’s Monthly Games

PlayStation Plus members have until October 2 to add Saints Row, Black Desert – Traveler Edition and Generation Zero to their game library.

Last edited:

violence

Sorry, It didn’t work out for striking distance. A lot of people are going to be playing the game in the month that it should’ve been released at least.

Last edited:
This is a fantastic month already! All 3 games are excellent additions.

Looking forward to the Extra Catalog now.
Yea I find myself being more interested in the extra / premium selections. Usually some great stuff, if slightly older. They gotta pump out those classics though!

I was just browsing last night and saw Lawnmower Simulator. Made me question my entire existence being a simulation (happens daily)

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Yea I find myself being more interested in the extra / premium selections. Usually some great stuff, if slightly older. They gotta pump out those classics though!

I was just browsing last night and saw Lawnmower Simulator. Made me question my entire existence being a simulation (happens daily)
Lawnmower Simulator is surprisingly addictive 😛 I may or may not have spent dozens of hours building a lawnmowing business empire and cutting grass with my Spotify playlist on the BG.

Aenima

Farming Simulator is the real one on that list.
I know Farming Simulator is kind of a meme. But the game is actually pretty good if you are into driving machines, tractors, trucks, etc. It has a shitload of all kinds of vehicles and machines, not only for farming, and even have mod support on consoles. I dunno how good or bad Farming Sim 22 is, but i played the 19 version back when was also ofered on PS+ and got adicted to the game for a month. I tried a bunch of other "whaterver Sim" games, and none came closer to the quality or amount of content Farming Sim offers.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I know Farming Simulator is kind of a meme. But the game is actually pretty good if you are into driving machines, tractors, trucks, etc. It has a shitload of all kinds of machines, not only for farming, and even have mod support on consoles. I dunno how good or bad Farming Sim 22 is, but i played the 19 version back when was also ofered on PS+ and got adicted to the game for a month. I tryed a bunch of other "whaterver Sim" games, and none come closer to the quality or amount of content Farming Sim offers.
Agreed. These games are great to get lost in for hours when you want to be laid back and chill.

Is Callisto even worth playing? Or is it pure waste of time like Saints Row?
Callisto is worth playing for free. The main game ends on a cliffhanger that is resolved with the Final Transmission dlc. I would recommend playing the initial game and ignoring the final dlc because it is terrible.

Accept the cliffhanger ending as the definitive ending. Final Transmission ruined my perception of the game, but I won't deny I thoroughly enjoyed the initial experience.
Also they did numerous patches/"fixes" in response to gameplay criticisms that immensely deteriorated the feel of the gameplay. If you can play the v1.0 version do it.

Last edited:
Not too shabby actually.

Having been wanting to try Weird West, heard it's directly from Raphaël Colantonio, the director of Dishonored series, which is my favorite video game series.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I played Weird West on gamepass. It was pretty good. I wanted to try Callisto Protocol but never got around to it. So that's cool.

engstra

Pretty good month. I look forward to try out Callisto. Obviously it didn't live up to expectations but I'm sure I'll still enjoy my time with it. Weird West I've been curious on many sales but never pulled the trigger so that's a nice addition.

T-Cake

Had a quick play of the opening sequence of Callisto Protocol. Really, really good. Definitely can see the Dead Space vibes and it got me really excited. Hopefully I will enjoy it but waiting for the sun to bugger off. This game needs to be played at night.

Shakka43

Loving Callisto Protocol. Now I'm sad that it was a commercial failure and the chances of a sequel are pretty much zero.
Kinda reminds me of The Order 1886 and Dark Sector, games that had a solid foundation but failed to reach high enough of an audience to guarantee further improvements through posible sequels.

Last edited:
Top Bottom