• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Callisto Protocol |OT| Galaxy of Terror

Mobilemofo

Jesus why wasting a game with great production values on an oversized tablet?

I will never understand people who play anything more than indie and nintendo games on a fucking portable (and i personally prefer to play indies on my oled aswell)

Worse performances, worse audio, worse graphic, worse controller, small ass screen, limited battery life...but hey at least you can play directly in the toilete in the case the game is too scary...

Fuck me.
Clearly, your not waiting for the Atari lynx version, like myself. 😄

Mobilemofo

Waiting for the game like
The Dude GIF by Giphy QA
I mean, you can say what you want about the morality of waiting for a video game, but we didn't have that issue in nam..no games..

Walter..will you shut the fuck up man..ok.

😄

Mobilemofo

Holy shit the game just arrived, the estimated delivery was set for monday so i was prepared to just read feedbacks for the weekend but it look like i got lucky.

German cover but it is a small price to pay for...well the small price i payed.
Lovely stuff...

Now, chop chop, get to it...😄

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

I will never understand people who play anything more than indie and nintendo games on a fucking portable (and i personally prefer to play indies on my oled aswell)

Worse performances, worse audio, worse graphic, worse controller, small ass screen, limited battery life...but hey at least you can play directly in the toilete in the case the game is too scary...

Fuck me.
What I don’t get is people put 100’s of hours into games like Morrowind, Oblivion, FFXI, and
many other games. A handheld comes out that’s about as powerful as a PS4 and it’s not good enough.
Dead Space, BioShock, Tactics Ogre, Yakuza 0, RE Remake, MGS Rising, and many other games.. not to mention all the Square games look good on the Deck. Sometimes it doesn’t need upscaling.

I’d say give gaming another decade to utilize these high quality assets because a lot of what’s good was made 1-2 console gens ago. :)

My preload is ready.

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

I'm still at work, and when i go home i have to wait for the big patch and magic ps5 to do his slow ass file copy:lollipop_grinning_sweat:
Oh god yeah..happened to me with bf 2042 recently. Still, I'd have imagined you will have thought if maybe "falling down some stairs" could wangle you an early finish. 😄 I know I would have...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm still at work, and when i go home i have to wait for the big patch and magic ps5 to do his slow ass file copy:lollipop_grinning_sweat:
Funny thing is, that is leftover (and optional) to devs from the PS4 era with how they compile their installs with games or patches. Some still choose to use that method, and there are some who don't and it doesn't do that.

Driveclub dev revealed that was one of several optional install profiles. Supposedly, that version has a 'rebuild database' built in it while it installs the files.

Last edited:

GymWolf

What I don’t get is people put 100’s of hours into games like Morrowind, Oblivion, FFXI, and
many other games. A handheld comes out that’s about as powerful as a PS4 and it’s not good enough.
Dead Space, BioShock, Tactics Ogre, Yakuza 0, RE Remake, MGS Rising, and many other games.. not to mention all the Square games look good on the Deck. Sometimes it doesn’t need upscaling.

I’d say give gaming another decade to utilize these high quality assets because a lot of what’s good was made 1-2 console gens ago. :)

My preload is ready.
Let's not continue this discussion since people seems particularly touchy about this subject for some reasons.

Like i don't get mad when you say that you don't understand why people put 100 hours in a single game coming from almost 80 hours on ragnarock.

Also not sure how you can play yakuza 0 without playing the damn thing for 100 hours unless you go straight with the main plot:lollipop_grinning_sweat: , that game has so much funny shit to do.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Reminds me of this 🤭

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Hrrmm, have an okay'ish Christmas or keep buying games my wife hates and I dont really need and end up being on the bones of my arse through January..

XAHGmdg.jpg

GymWolf

Oh god yeah..happened to me with bf 2042 recently. Still, I'd have imagined you will have thought if maybe "falling down some stairs" could wangle you an early finish. 😄 I know I would have...
The company is mine so i lose money for every second i'm not there:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Hoping this is a banger. We’ve been starved for some good third person survival.

If it flops at least RE4 remake will be a winner.

Pretty sure I am getting a next gen console at Christmas (unsure as to if series x or ps5 tho) but if I bought this on say either ps4 or xbox one tomorrow, would I be able to play enhanced version on next gen?

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
So we are good dude? You know i wasn't that serious before.

Of course we good! But I swear if you continue with low effort troll posts I will follow this manual and wipe my ass with them (after a good session of Calisto on my Deck from the shitter).

GymWolf

Of course we good! But I swear if you continue with low effort troll posts I will follow this manual and wipe my ass with them (after a good session of Calisto on my Deck from the shitter).

I was not trolling, i really would never play anything more than a pixelated indie on a portable for a number of reasons, the lack of emoticons made look the post more serious than it really was and i always write like an abrasive jackass, i thought you were already used to it:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I was not trolling, i really would never play anything more than a pixelated indie on a portable for a number of reasons, the lack of emoticons made look the post more serious than it really was and i always write like an abrasive jackass.

2 months ago I'd agree with you but Steam Deck really made me change my mind on many things.

Top Bottom