• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The battle over Gamestop is getting really interesting

LordOfChaos

Fuckkkk I feel like panicking. It dropped hard. Hold or sell?

LULD always comes with a hit, but the momentum behind it usually comes back. It's not like brokers turning off buys.

If you need it, if it's life changing, take some, but I wouldn't sell on a drop

AGRacing

Gold Member
Strike 3 of not hitting 800 - 1000 a share like these ridiculous reddit posts. You have to realize that regular human beings pulled into this are going to panic selloff when they double or triple their money. Even a thousand dollars will pay off a big bill or buy a 4K TV they didn't have. Asking to hold that hard is a BIG ask for I'd guess MOST people.

LordOfChaos

Strike 3 of not hitting 800 - 1000 a share like these ridiculous reddit posts. You have to realize that regular human beings pulled into this are going to panic selloff when they double or triple their money. Even a thousand dollars will pay off a big bill or buy a 4K TV they didn't have. Asking to hold that hard is a BIG ask for I'd guess MOST people.

It did break right through the 420.69 meme target last time until the broker cockblock to be fair. Most were still holding then until brokers turned off buys. You may disagree but I do think 1000 was in reach that first time, the 420 sell wall was gone, the after hours were 500.

Buggy Loop

trippy gene wilder GIF

LordOfChaos

30 minutes ago: Oh no, what if I faded too much for the moon rocket?
Now: Oh no, what if I should have faded more?

Nah but a LULD never killed the meme train before, just put in setbacks. It took something big like big brokers turning off buys to kill it last time.

Edit: And dat bounce. There was your dip?

what the hell, it's back at 262!. I can't take this ride anymore!!!!!! ahhhhhh. I'm going to get fired cause I can't concentrate at work lol

That's why I set my limit sells and leave it alone, then I get this dopamine ride every time it does something major lol

NQdUaeT.jpg

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

30 minutes ago: Oh no, what if I faded too much for the moon rocket?
Now: Oh no, what if I should have faded more?

Nah but a LULD never killed the meme train before, just put in setbacks. It took something big like big brokers turning off buys to kill it last time.

Edit: And dat bounce. There was your dip?

That's why I set my limit sells and leave it alone, then I get this dopamine ride every time it does something major lol

NQdUaeT.jpg

Oh you’re on wealthsimple? Isn’t the buy/sell fee for US securities like 1.5%?

LordOfChaos

Oh you’re on wealthsimple? Isn’t the buy/sell fee for US securities like 1.5%?

Yeah I am, I know I have to move to another platform soon at least for my US holdings as that fee can get to be a lot. That's the only fee they charge at all though, you can spam CAD holdings as much as you want, plus they never let others borrow your shares nor blocked anything during the Robinhood route, so it's not so bad.

Buggy Loop

Yeah, I started with Questrade actually, because wealthsimple had these no USD wallet and no options. I registered not long ago still for Canadian stocks, but I have not started anything so far, too much money in USD on Questrade that are in roller coasters haha.

Wealthsimple’s road map looks good in the next year or so though.

Larlight

I don't know if you guys follow the GME thread on WSB, but is there some fuckery going on with the halts? Atleast that's what people are assuming on there.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Why are they still shorting it and losing billions? It went down to 40$. I would have closed everything and be done with this mess a long time ago.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

GME is on SSR list for tomorrow, hahahaha. Oh god, know what? Might even be the long HFs that pushed it a bit more for a trap to shorts to trigger it. Tomorrow’s gonna be bananas

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Why are they still shorting it and losing billions? It went down to 40$. I would have closed everything and be done with this mess a long time ago.

You don’t end up on Wall Street as a hedge fund manager, dealing with billions/trillions in assets, by throwing the towel any time something hard happened along the way. If you have methods to limit the bleeding and save the portfolio of your customers, which if you don’t, you’re lawsuited to oblivion. They’ll do anything, even illegal, because SEC has no teeth.

LordOfChaos

Momentum carrying forward, this is why you don't panic sell on a drop into the red on a LULD! Looks like a fight for direction happening but trending up

As a wise man put it, we can stay retarded for far longer than they can stay solvent. They thought it was done and GME would trend down after hitting 40 again. They were buying their "dip" but just getting trapped more.

Buggy Loop

I think AH might surprise us. Back in January, when these low volume drops happened, it always climbed up AH. Back before the Jan 27th peak, it was full of ~100$ dips, until it peaked and they pulled the plug.

Same playbook.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

And if you had any doubts that shorters were in a bad position, that they « covered », what happened today is proof enough they are still in deep shit. Nothing about that was retail.

Buggy Loop

Not GME related, but my AMC shares weren't happy today. I shouldve bought more during the big dip.

At this point, GME, AMC, BB, KOSS, NOK and so many others are basically in the same roller coaster now, so i think it's fair game to discuss it here.

I'm telling you guys, it's financial WW3 between institutions. Big Fucking Whales duking it out.

Retail can't do this shit, look, almost no NSDQ (retail), these are blackpools, high frequency trading between HFs

2owe8mwe09m61.jpg

Buggy Loop

Marketwatch's article about the crash, was indexed 14 hrs ago ??

Goddamn, i really don't like conspiracies, but this is... actually wait, that's Jim Cramer's fucking tactic he explained in that infamous video haha.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Saw this on wallstreetbets and had to share. This has to be one of the craziest videos I've seen.

I hope this dude's real name is Chad.

Top Bottom